Fab work (by SillyFab)!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fab work (by SillyFab)!

I just picked up my rig from SillyFab (SillyNeck/Phil) and couldn't be more pleased. Phil was the original builder of my rig so I figured having him finish up and add to the work he did was appropriate. He tied the cage into the frame and built me a hi-lift spare tire combo. It's a clean simple design, which is what I prefer. Drove it about 2 hours home from Sacto and not a rattle or squeak, at least that I could hear over the 37" tires at 65 mph .

It's been mentioned before but worth saying again, Phil does great work and at reasonable rates. I'd highly recommend him for anyone who doesn't have the tools, time, or skill to do fab work themselves. Now on to the pics:

The carrier:

The latch:

Hi-Lift Mount:

I can post more detailed pics if anyone wants them.
    Last edited by ric9469; 04-06-2007, 11:49 PM.
    rich
    '72 Bronco (road worthy trail rig)
    '66 EB, mostly stock (sold )
    "Semper Paratus"

Is the jack bolted on? I mean, do you need a wrench to remove it?
    Looks pretty solid.
    sigpic

Comment

Simple, clean, and bomb proof. I like it

FM <><
      72EB, one-ton fab project that will never end

Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. Do everything in love.
      1 Cor 16:13-14

Comment

Originally posted by tykesplace
        Is the jack bolted on? I mean, do you need a wrench to remove it?
        Looks pretty solid.
        Yes it is bolted on. Figured if I needed to change a tire I'd have a lug wrench handy anyway. And maybe make it a little tougher for someone to take the jack. The nut is welded to the mount so you just need to pull the bolt.

Last edited by ric9469; 04-06-2007, 11:26 PM.
        rich
        "Semper Paratus"

Comment

More pics of the hinge side. It is hinged at the bumper and the roll cage, just above the tailgate. It has to fit through the soft top window but that's not a big deal, especially in the summer, and it makes it really sturdy. It is also mounted to a removeable flange if I did want to run a hard top I can remove the whole thing.

Last edited by ric9469; 04-06-2007, 11:53 PM.
          rich
          "Semper Paratus"

Comment

ric, Well as to your lug wrench theory ask old Pops just how prepared some of us Pilgrims are.

But on the other hand you being a real Harbour Duck you guys are litterly supposed to be "Always Ready".

Once again Phil has hit a home run, the dude just knows how to do stuff the right way. And as Familyman said "Simple, Clean and Bomb Proof" A fitting discription of just about all of Phils work.

Gunny
            Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving in one pretty and well preserved piece, but to slide in broadside, worn out and throughly used up shouting "WOW" what a ride.

Comment

thanks for the good words guys. Just trying to deliver a quality product for a lot cheaper than the high over-head shops and put a buck or two in my pocket

As far as the tools required to remove the high lift... welp all the bolts back there are 1/2" and require a 3/4 wrench incl the spare. If you're getting your highlift out for yourself.... chances are you need tools anyways LOL if you're getting it out for someone else... chances are they have tools out already
              84/55 renegade, ton's, body stretch.. 400hp atlas. burnouts and such.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rancho...a=4&ajaxpipe=1

SFS Industries (aka silly fab) for all your fabrication and parts needs

(916) 635 3485 SHOP

(916) 761 8680 CELL

The new shop is at 2225 cemo circle 95670

Comment

Hey Sillyneck, please confirm thats just one piece of tubing sleeved over another, right? Do you use DOM for the outside piece to eliminate that center weld on the EW stuff or does it just work itself flat over time. I have had a hard time getting EW to sleeve nicely over each other due to that weld down the middle. Thanks FM <><

Just saw the removable flange - Nice touch
                72EB, one-ton fab project that will never end

Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. Do everything in love.
                1 Cor 16:13-14

Comment

yep... just ID/OD hrew. I usually file out the seam. It only rotates in a 3" section on the top and a 3" section on the bottom.. the other parts are plug welded.
                  84/55 renegade, ton's, body stretch.. 400hp atlas. burnouts and such.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rancho...a=4&ajaxpipe=1

SFS Industries (aka silly fab) for all your fabrication and parts needs

(916) 635 3485 SHOP

(916) 761 8680 CELL

The new shop is at 2225 cemo circle 95670

Comment

Working...
                  X