Who is a better Vendor? JBG? WH? JD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is a better Vendor? JBG? WH? JD?

I got two orders from Wild Horses (WH) and they were great. Thier prices for allot of plain replacment stuff are higher than Jeffs Bronco Graveyard (JBG). I have not ordered stuff from James Duff but his prices are almost identical to WH. How do you guys rate JBG?
    Relativity: Where ever you go, there you are.

I've only ordered from JBG twice and have had no problems. Rcvd my product quickly. Have heard of issues with them on other forums but have not had any of those experiences.
    Tony
    1970 w/89 5.0, np 435/203/205, 456/locker/ARB, 4 wheel disc brakes w/hydroboost, 5.5" lift w/ext.radius arms, 3" bod lift, RS 9000's, tilt column, Hydro assist steering, 39.5" pitbull's on H1's. 4 link rear suspension. Hey brother, can you spare some change, I need parts....

Comment

I have used all three, I typically go to WH first because they are closer and it gets here faster. JBG doesn't have the best customer service, but for replacement/restoration parts they seem to have the most competitve prices if you don't mind waiting for the long shipping. Never had any issues with JD, but you have to like blue! I like BC broncos as well on some things they have good prices and there CS has always been good for me.
      69, 342 EFI, C4, NP203, D20, 4.5" SL, 2" BL, 4.88 9" 35 spline ARB, 4.88 HP D44, WAH, ARB, CTM's, front disc , 37 x 14.50 Toyo MT, Ram Assist, and rear 4-link

Comment

I agree about BC. Shipping seems to be very quick, Prices seem to be cheaper than the others and thier costomer service has been really good for me. I'm only 25 mins from WH so I dont use shipping with thier products, Any chance to shop for parts, If that place had a bar in it I might live there ( now there's an idea, broncos and beers ). I haven't used JD.
        I'm still stuck on the Bronco Bar thing
        Tony
        1970 w/89 5.0, np 435/203/205, 456/locker/ARB, 4 wheel disc brakes w/hydroboost, 5.5" lift w/ext.radius arms, 3" bod lift, RS 9000's, tilt column, Hydro assist steering, 39.5" pitbull's on H1's. 4 link rear suspension. Hey brother, can you spare some change, I need parts....

Comment

I typically use WH's or JD's, I have had one problem with WH's shipping me the wrong fuel tank and ended up eating shipping one way (it came down to a he said she said argument). I have never had a problem with JD's, they seem like pretty good people and have been real helpful on returns (this time I ordered the wrong parts). I've also ordered some stuff from BC's, they had comprable pricing and good customer service. I don't typically order from Jeff's just because of the shipping being so far. Another good one to check out on the west coast is Tom's Bronco Parts, like most of these other vendors they are good people and have comprable pricing...........
          Jeff Sander
          Reno, Nevada
          1968 Project Bronco
          1966 Fuel Injected Crawler

Comment

I've used em all.
            WH - absolutely love them. By far my favorite. Great customer service, everything always seems to be in stock, good prices(little higher on some things but lower on others like everyone else), close to me so I take a quick road trip to shop. One more thing I really like about them is they are always trying to come up with something new. They always have something new on their webpage...and they have monthly specials.

BC - Decent prices. New products every now and then. Great customer service. Chuck participates on the BFIX every now and then and will often answer questions posted there. Fast shipping.

Duffs - Tried using them once. Their shipping and "Handling" cost were absolutely ridiculous. Didn't think much of their customer service.

JBG - Slloooooowwww shipping. Competitive prices. They seem to have way more of the small things(bolt kits, etc) than the others. Poor customer service. They seem to stroke their own egos a bit to much for me.

Cage - Not a Bronco vendor per se but they seem to have awesome customer products and customer service. I have not used them but they get talked about a lot on the BFIX.

I'm guessing you will get pros and cons for everyone but the only one I will not use again is Duffs. Just a personal opinion.

Jeff
            Vacaville, Ca
            67 EB - D44, BB 9" (4:56's), front discs, Wristed arm, 5.5" + 2" BL, 37" MTR's on Hellcats, 302/NP435/D20, Bilsteins, Mastercraft Rubicons w/4pt's

Comment

JBG: I haven't gone through Jeff's since they went around to all the boards and made a big deal about being on Overhaulin and doing Ted Nugent's Bronco.

Duff's: I have issues with using a business that converted to East Coast Shipping Costs a Month before they left the community that helped make them a name in the industry. I believe a Frozen Yogurt Shoppe and Cheesburger Stand have since closed.

Tom's: Never used them, too rich for my blood

Wild Horses: I have bought most of my stuff through them, they are local-ish, they talk to you and truley value the customer. I called yesterday to order my wiring harness and was treated very well. You could hear Bronco stuff going on in the background.

http://www.broncoconnection.net : I haven't used them, yet, but they seem to have the OEM hard to find stuff and they have very reasonable rates. I would use them exclusively if they had a better way to purchase through the Internet. It's like a virtual EB wrecking yard.

Dennis Carpenter: Pricey "Concours" correct stuff same goes for LMC Truck.

BC Broncos: I haven't used them. They seem to have alot of the bling items and some of the better custom stuff on the market. They also have the NWMP 23 gallon tanks. Chuck is a regular on the Bfix Mailing list and doesn't use the list for self promotion.

Sexton Offroad: The polar opposite of BC Broncos. If my Bronco broke down in front of their shop I would call Wild Horses and get a Motel.

Hope that helps; I am sure it will grind some people the wrong way.

Brad
              Brad
              Chico, Ca.

Comment

I've bought from everyone, some had some screw ups, but its expected.
                JBG was the only one who would not handle the screw up in a correct manner.

The only other beef I have with the vendors is Cage, mainly because they want to be a bigger company, so they don't sell direct. So no one stocks their products because they are still in fact a small company. Items just get drop shipped from cage.

Any of the Vendors are fine vendors, you should be happy to drop some coin there.
                I personally spend the most amount of $ at WH as I like them, I like their Bus. plan, and respect their owner a great deal.
                Mark Harris
                71 Bronco, 9 inch, 60, c4, Stak 3 speed, and 42 inch balloons.

Comment

LOL I totally agree with you Brad. Funniest thing about the guys at JBG is that they didn't do anything but what they were told to do on the Foose Bronco and they basically claim all the praise for it.
                  Jeff
                  Vacaville, Ca
                  67 EB - D44, BB 9" (4:56's), front discs, Wristed arm, 5.5" + 2" BL, 37" MTR's on Hellcats, 302/NP435/D20, Bilsteins, Mastercraft Rubicons w/4pt's

Comment

Ya know, another thing about Jim Creel at WH is that he hasn't changed much since his days of working out of his garage. I started doing business with him when he was still doing Mustang stuff. Must be close to 20 years now. He was cool then and now that he is probably the biggest fish in this pond he is still cool to everyone on the trails etc.
                    Jeff
                    Vacaville, Ca

Comment

Wow

What great information! Now the 72 and 74 EB's we have are our first EB's but not our first Broncos. I bought a new 84 and still have it today but is ready for the glue factory. I had my 79 for 15 years and just sold it to make room. I was on Broncoproject for a few years when I was into my 79 and remembered some skinny about JBG. Seems time changes some things and not others. So hands down WH is the best and thumbs (to be politically correct) are not vertically pointing skyward on JBG.

Comment

I'd have to agree about Jim at Wild Horses. I hadn't seen him in years (4 or 5 or more), back when he had that little shop of of school street or whatever it was called. Any way I'm brousing the shop, Jim walks out, says hey man, what's up, and gives me the nickel tour of the joint. Very cool! It's that kind of treatment that sticks.
                        Tony

Comment

the important stuff

Thanks Tony
                          I have a list of 12 things I need to buy. No shipping or tax comes to $246 w/ JBG and $311 with WH...a savings of $65. Not a trivial matter.

...now about this Bronco Parts Store with the Beer Bar...humm Bronco Beer? Bronco Billy Beer?

Comment

I can say that Jim gets 95 percent of my business, whether I ship or pick up. The only things I don't buy from him are things he does not have, like BC headers with the slip fitting, throttle cables, etc. I have has issues over the years with cocky sales staff and poor backing of some products, but I havn't seen evidence of that in some time now.
                            “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

Yesterday at 3:45 I ordered my Centech Harness, over the phone. Today at 4:45 it was on my doorstep...........25 Hours from phone call to finger tips. They never even had to ask for my credit card or shipping info. Unreal; that gentlemen is service.

Brad
                              Brad
                              Chico, Ca.

Comment

Working...
                              X