Mass buy : CAGE ARMS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mass buy : CAGE ARMS

This e-mail was forwarded to me from a guy at Broncofix. Dusty Sexton, the author, is a vendor from Utah that sposored a mass buy and was only giving out the special price through the PM feature of the site. When I asked Dusty about the voracity of only PMing the price I got several "okie doke" answers. Escalating snottyness ensued and the original thread was edited. This is a response through PM to one of the posts by another member of Bfix:

To: Bustedhorse
    Posted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 8:59 pm
    Subject: Mass buy on cage arms????
    the reason I will not post the price is due to Minimum advertised pricing. I have spoken with the manufacturer about doing a sale and he has agreed to allow me to sell at this price but doesn't want it advertised. MAP is what most manufacturers are requiring now along with large minimum stock orders $5,000 and up per order. The reason the automotive industry is moving towards this is because of unscrupulous sellers that get a price from a manufacturer and sell on the internet (ebay mostly) at very minimal mark up with out actually purchasing the product in order to turn a quick buck. then they expect the manufacturer to drop ship to the customer. Most honest businesses stick to MAP it also keeps Large companies with more buying power that get a lot larger discount from lowering thier prices below what smaller companies like mine are purchasing for, thus monopolizing the market. Hope my explanation wasn't too boring. I would post this on the forum and it actually was at first because Formerjughead blew up about it and tried to flame me. but I spoke with him over the phone and was able to straighten it out. however I agreed to remove the two posts explaining this. thanks for listening Dustin Sexton

It's interesting how how he differentiates what he is doing; comapred to what "unscrupulous" vendors do through e-bay.

Just a friendly heads up.........I never spoke to him on the phone.

Brad
    Brad
    Chico, Ca.

Thanks for the heads up, even though I'm not looking at buying arms from him. Has Jim seen this?
    Marc D.
    If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

Originally posted by earlybronco72
      Thanks for the heads up, even though I'm not looking at buying arms from him. Has Jim seen this?
      Oh yeah
      Brad
      Chico, Ca.

Comment

Working...
      X