Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Road Armor Superduty Bumper

Hey just a heads up,

My experience was not good; I hit a deer in Oct, got all the misc stuff done at the body shop I use in MH. I liked the fact that the RA bumper followed the contour lines of the factory bumper. I ordered the Road Armor bumper, 3 weeks you will have it. 3 weeks turned into 5 weeks, 5 wks turned into 7 wks, "real bad weather for shipping". Oh it will be delivered the Thursday before Christmas. No show. 8 weeks on Christmas day. The day after Christmas I called the local rep for the company, he said he would contact the Owner of the company and leave a message on his cell phone. Tuesday this week the Owner calls his rep and said the Bumper shipped on Friday 12/29. The Rep told him I was done and did not want it. The Owner offered free shipping ($100.00) and maybe some lights to keep the sale. I said Thanks but no Thanks. I contacted Wayne Hanson and asked him to build me one of his SD Bumpers. Wayne's company stopped making them because the Jeep bumpers demand most of the production time. Wayne still builds these things at his shop in Salinas. Another 4 weeks and I will have a bumper...
    Thanks for letting me vent, based on my experience I could not give Road Armor a plug...

Doug
    2002 F250 Superduty, 7.3 241,500 miles and counting
    1979 Bronco, 351M,NP435,4:11's on 33's
    2016 Race Red Shelby GT350

Sounds like someone really dropped the ball. The owner seems like he might be a stand up guy, but he really needs to look into where this failed, and fix it. Cant blame you a bit for cancelling the order. Not making a deadline really frusterates me.
    Marc D.
    If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

Sorry to hear that Doug but seems like you have a good relationship with Hansen and his work is top notch. Post pics of the new bumper when ya get it.
      FM<><
      72EB, one-ton fab project that will never end

Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. Do everything in love.
      1 Cor 16:13-14

Comment

Originally posted by Familyman
        Sorry to hear that Doug but seems like you have a good relationship with Hansen and his work is top notch. Post pics of the new bumper when ya get it.
        FM<><
        Chuck,

This is what the bumper looks like on Wayne's Truck. I think I will do mine in white...
        Attached Files

Comment

Doug,

I hope you don't hit any more deer (for the deer's sake) after seeing that bumper!!!!!!
          Last edited by 720Racer; 01-05-2007, 01:43 PM.
          Originally posted by 71BRONCO71 at Buck Island 6/25/11
          I can do that so much better myself..........1, 2, 3 GOODNIGHT!!!

Comment

VERY nice Doug!!
            '88 347 roller, Exploder EFI, WH Shorties, NP435, twin stick D-20 with Tera lows, 44 4:56's w/ARB chromos and CTMs, 9" Detroit, cust dash, wiring and STILL ALMOST "DONE"!...

Comment

This is what the 4-point buck did at 60 mph: $2800.00 damage. What you cannot see is the broken a/c condenser, cracked grill support, cracked turn signal and headlight. The wind deflector is cracked, the Drvrs tow hook is bent down, bumper bent, one fog light and plastic mount is cracked, and L/Frt fender has a small dimple in it. My insurance Co. let me put the bumper money towards the aftermarket replacement.
              Attached Files

Comment

Nice bumper, glad to hear the insurance company is taking care of you. Sorry I didn't reply to your call yesterday (at work), had a really bad call and had CISD. Talk to you later, FM <><
                72EB, one-ton fab project that will never end

Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. Do everything in love.
                1 Cor 16:13-14

Comment

I meet Wayne years ago at Sierra Trec and have delt with him several times since then and he is a real stand up guy. You will be glad you went with his product. I had his full set up on my last EB and it was sweet! Get a few friends to help you put it on!

Kevin
                  LFD Inc.
                  Attached Files
                  71 EB 56K original miles stock for now!

73 EB/rock buggy 351W EFI, Art Car C-4 manual VB w/ comp braking, 37 MTR's, 4-Link F&R, Fox Air 16", Full Hydro and now it runs!

51 F1 PU with MII front end, T-Bird IRS

70 C10 SWB, 92 LT1 vett motor, 700R4, power everything, great driving street rig.

Comment

Working...
                  X