Slickrock Work Party - July 30th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slickrock Work Party - July 30th

There was some damage to Slickrock trail - specifically the meadow on the Alpine side, before the gate. An impromptu work party is being put together for July 30th. I can't make it but the person organizing it, Bebe (Jacquelyne), is a good friend of mine so I figured I'd pass this on for her. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thread on PBB. => http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=993932

Those who aren't on PBB and want to help can send me a PM and I'll get you Jacquelyne's contact info.

Re: Slickrock Work Party - July 30th

I am thinking seriously about joining up for this event. I posted in the Pirate thread already - Slickrock isn't the most challenging trail around but I enjoy that area for all it has to offer; and I'd love to give a little back.
    1970 Bronco
    My build thread

Comment

Im in maybe. Ill get the details from bebe tonight.
      {o===o}
      Originally posted by TBS-POPS
      EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....
      Originally posted by CityHick
      I don't give probabilities in percentage format anymore

Comment

Originally posted by CityHick View Post
        Not sure if Snowshoe Brewing does breakfast but its an easy spot to find. Due to family commitments I think I'm going to have to bail but if anything changes I may head up there. We'll see.
        Originally posted by CityHick View Post
        I am thinking seriously about joining up for this event. I posted in the Pirate thread already - Slickrock isn't the most challenging trail around but I enjoy that area for all it has to offer; and I'd love to give a little back.
        hahah, which is it Tony, you in or out?!?! It's the same day, same trail isn't it? I would really like to do this but we get the keys to the new house on July 26th and I have a feeling my next few weekend are going to be REALLY busy!
        '68- 302 C4 x D20, Dana 30 x 9" stock gears, 33" pavement pounders, 3-1/2" suspension lift 0 body lift, wishlist getting bigger, wallet getting smaller

Comment

Originally posted by JusticeJMB View Post
          hahah, which is it Tony, you in or out?!?! It's the same day, same trail isn't it? I would really like to do this but we get the keys to the new house on July 26th and I have a feeling my next few weekend are going to be REALLY busy!

Holy $hit I am all turned around! I was thinking one was this coming weekend and one was the weekend of the 30th! I am SLIPPING!

The 30th is more doable than this weekend is for sure.
          1970 Bronco
          My build thread

Comment

Ok I got my head back on straight after a good night's sleep... Seeing that both of the Slick Rock events are happening on the same weekend I am planning to go up there for a night or two, the weekend of July 30th.

I can head up sometime mid-day Saturday (not early) if anybody cares to join at that time. The plan would be to camp near Utica or on the trail near the bridge then go up to the Lake Alpine end to join for the work party and spend the majority of the day there on Sunday, possibly running the trail, possibly not.

I just scheduled Monday, Aug 1 off work as well to allow me to stay the night if I wear myself out or otherwise just don't feel like heading back down the hill that evening. Waking up at the Slickrock trail on a Monday (that's not a holiday) is the usually the definition of peace and quiet.

I'd anticipate breaking camp before noon Monday and heading home relatively early but would entertain the idea of a hike before hitting the road. Might do lunch at Snowshoe Brewing Co in Arnold.
            1970 Bronco
            My build thread

Comment

Working...
            X