Clear All

• RTF Land purchase near Rubicon

RUBICON TRAIL FOUNDATION
    Telephone:
    E-mail: President@RubiconTrailFoundation.org
    Placerville, CA December 10, 2010
    PRESS RELEASE: RUBICON TRAIL FOUNDATION PURCHASES PROPERTY
    Rubicon Trail Foundation becomes stakeholder in Rubicon
    On December 9, 2010, the Rubicon Trail Foundation (RTF) closed escrow on the purchase of 317 acres of land near the world famous Rubicon 4WD Trail in El Dorado County, California. This purchase is the culmination of efforts begun at the inception of RTF and has been a long term goal of the foundation. We have worked with the off highway vehicle and recreation community, Friends of the Rubicon and the community at large and after 6 years of hard work and various fund raising efforts, RTF is proud to be in the position to purchase this property. RTF Founder Del Albright said, “This acquisition should solidify RTF, and its supporters, as stakeholders in the ongoing process for planning along the trail as well as provide an additional place for users to go for years to come”. The parcel lies to the west of Rubicon Springs and east of Spider Lake. This land was purchased as part of a plan to ensure year round public access to the Rubicon Trail. While the Rubicon Trail does not cross this parcel of land, in the future, we are confident we will have legal motorized access to the land. We are already working towards an access agreement. Until then, the land can be used for hiking, camping and fishing and other activities by all who support motorized use of the Rubicon Trail.

Plans will have to be made and much hard work will be needed to enhance this asset for Rubicon Trail users. Details of the management plan for the use of this property are being worked out and we expect that it will take quite some time to develop a responsible use plan. RTF will need a lot of help from the users of the Rubicon Trail system to make the necessary improvements for motorized access. The development of this plan will require input from you, the users. RTF will be reaching out to trail users in the near future to assist with this plan. Please visit our website for more information on this historic accomplishment for the Rubicon Trail and OHV access.

Rubicon Trail Foundation appreciates the special assistance of Mark A. Smith and Mark A. Smith Off-Roading Inc. in making this dream become a reality.

The Rubicon Trail Foundation was formed in 2004. We are a 501(c)3 non-profit corporation dedicated to the future health of the Rubicon Trail and our mission is: To enhance the future health and use of the Rubicon Trail, while ensuring responsible motorized year-round trail access. RTF works with individuals, 4x4 clubs, organizations, and agencies to maintain and manage the trail. Our Officers and Directors represent a wide variety of Rubicon Trail OHV users, land owners, county representatives, manufacturers, and event organizers.

If you would like to help with our efforts, you may send your tax deductible donations to:
    Rubicon Trail Foundation PO Box 2188 Placerville, CA 95667
    Paypal donations or major credit cards by calling 888-6rubicon or by signing up for a Friends of the Rubicon work party at: www.friendsoftherubicon.com

More information is available at www.RubiconTrailFoundation.org

If you would like more information on this topic, or to schedule an interview with a representative of the Rubicon Trail Foundation, please e-mail president@RubiconTrailFoundation.org
    “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Re: RTF Land purchase near Rubicon

Very cool!

Thats how I rub...I mean roll!

Comment

I've know about this and all the politics of it for months.... I will reserve my personal opinions for now
      68 Slightly modified
      67 LUBR once again
      61 Willy Wagon

Comment

Originally posted by Broncrick View Post
        I've know about this and all the politics of it for months.... I will reserve my personal opinions for now
        lets hear it Rick before I donate.
        sigpicWhen I get home im gonna punch yo momma in the mouth

Comment

I already donated and was plannin more so yeah lets here more!

Comment

I donated years ago and still do. I can get into the 'others' around a campfire some day...
            68 Slightly modified
            67 LUBR once again
            61 Willy Wagon

Comment

My guess is that Bronkrick is hesitant to talk about Mark Smith....He wants to control access to the rubicon for his own ajenda....enough said
              70 Bronco, 5.0, ARB front 44, Detroit 9in Rear, Dana 20 w/ Rock Eaters, NP435, Beadlocked 36X13.5 IROXS

2001 F-250, triple gauges, ATO Tranny, 35 SST's, line-x, bully dogged!

Comment

Rick... I got an ice chest full of beer and some popcorn to go with the chat
                {o===o}
                Originally posted by TBS-POPS
                EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....
                Originally posted by CityHick
                I don't give probabilities in percentage format anymore

Comment

How bout you come down. We can all sit out on my dock and sink a couple while we Chat about it.

Really
                  1970 w/89 5.0, np 435/203/205, 456/locker/ARB, 4 wheel disc brakes w/hydroboost, 5.5" lift w/ext.radius arms, 3" bod lift, RS 9000's, tilt column, Hydro assist steering, 39.5" pitbull's on H1's. 4 link rear suspension. Hey brother, can you spare some change, I need parts....

Comment

Originally posted by blwngsket View Post
                    How bout you come down. We can all sit out on my dock and sink a couple while we Chat about it.

Really

I like the sounds of that... "my dock". And you're not talking about the delta either...
                    1970 Bronco
                    My build thread

Comment

I live on a small river that conects to the bay. About a 30 minute paddle away. Great place to crack a beer and relax after a long day at work.
                      1970 w/89 5.0, np 435/203/205, 456/locker/ARB, 4 wheel disc brakes w/hydroboost, 5.5" lift w/ext.radius arms, 3" bod lift, RS 9000's, tilt column, Hydro assist steering, 39.5" pitbull's on H1's. 4 link rear suspension. Hey brother, can you spare some change, I need parts....

Comment

Originally posted by blwngsket View Post
                        I live on a small river that conects to the bay. About a 30 minute paddle away. Great place to crack a beer and relax after a long day at work.
                        Ohh Man!! sounds great.
                        KK6DAD
                        70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

Working...
                        X