"Paved" gatekeeper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Paved" gatekeeper

This is a pretty long-winded thread over in Pirate, but the pictures speak for themselves. Looks like the area formerly known as the Gatekeeper (on the Rubicon) is now even less of a gatekeeper:

http://pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=909753

I'm keeping an eye on this thread to see what kind of responses are posted from those in the know... its just a little disconcerting seeing those sections of the 'con so "paved" even if it is just temporary.
    1970 Bronco
    My build thread

Re: "Paved" gatekeeper

WHAT THE FAWK!?!?!?

I know I saw DOT workers at gatekeeper for the NCB Con trip but the guy at the shack said they were marking the width of the trail. Guess not.
    Crap like this pisses me off. The county (and state) would rather spend money to keep the hippies happy. Gatekeeper wasnt that bad this year. It seemed a whole lot easier then past. Its crappy outcome and hopefully they do not push further into the trail.
    I wish I could say more but I have to keep my opinions to myself due to ... well you guys know why
    {o===o}
    Originally posted by TBS-POPS
    EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....
    Originally posted by CityHick
    I don't give probabilities in percentage format anymore

Comment

yeah we all drove right bye them.. maybe they measured every time a a tire slipped off a rock.. then they removed it... what a joke take away all our freedoms
      KK6DAD
      70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

I sure wish I could have joined you all for the 'con run before this all happened. This summer has been a joke for me actually getting out onto the trails, and seeing this stuff makes me wonder if there'll be anything left for me next year!
        1970 Bronco
        My build thread

Comment

Originally posted by CityHick View Post
          I sure wish I could have joined you all for the 'con run before this all happened. This summer has been a joke for me actually getting out onto the trails, and seeing this stuff makes me wonder if there'll be anything left for me next year!
          You never know what will happen tomorrow. Hopefully they will put the rocks back... AND not keep going..
          KK6DAD
          70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

Just thinking but...

Q. Why do people build roads?

A. To get to from point "A" to point "B"

With all this talk about LE and the box being a "distraction," does this mean they can move heavy equipment into the trail easier to tear down the obstacles that make the trail and experience? I hope not.
            {o===o}
            EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....

Comment

Originally posted by Daddy4zack View Post
              You never know what will happen tomorrow. Hopefully they will put the rocks back... AND not keep going..
              Ain't that the truth. I knew this summer was going to suck for wheeling for me, but I didn't think it was going to be this bad (only 1 trip and we're half way through August!). I am shooting for making the Dusy run next month and have not yet ruled out a Barrett run either. Next summer (assuming I don't finally start grad school) I want to wheel the tires off my rig!

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71 View Post
              Just thinking but...

Q. Why do people build roads?

A. To get to from point "A" to point "B"

With all this talk about LE and the box being a "distraction," does this mean they can move heavy equipment into the trail easier to tear down the obstacles that make the trail and experience? I hope not.
              Fortunately there are other trails. The 'con just has the name and losing it would be a major blow to our hobby, both psychologically and politically. I shudder to think about the snowball effect that this could kick off should they continue smoothing out the trail and not moving obstacles back in.
              Last edited by CityHick; 08-14-2010, 08:27 PM.
              1970 Bronco
              My build thread

Comment

I've been watching and reading about this on pirate , and the box is next on there list for a paved road. the trail hasnt been a freeway since the days when rubicon springs was an actual resort. I've been going in there since i was a kid in my dads bronco in the late 70's and this sucks! they keep this shit up who needs a 4 wheel drive!
                73 bronco 351,nv4500,stk3spd,4.88,hp60f&r,detroit,arb,o/b air,welder,etc.
                77,351 mass air efi ,nv4500 atlas 3.8 4.88,detroit31 spline,arb44 o/b air5.5 lift etc.
                70 4.5 lift 351 c-4 d20 big bearing in progress.

Comment

Originally posted by tankedbroncolady
                  Well, I'm torn on this whole subject, and I should really stay out of this one............

-Kaitlin
                  I would rather be informed about the goal of this then speculating about what this "Could" mean. No bashing from me.
                  {o===o}

Comment

Like I said, its too early to jump the gun, but I can't help but speculate a bit. I'll reserve judgment until some hard facts are in.
                    1970 Bronco
                    My build thread

Comment

I'll bet it's erosion control. Kalifornia has very strict water quality control regulations.

A small developer cut a pad near me and put all of the erosion control in place. During a massive rainstorm, some brown stained water left the property.

It turns out, the state Water Quality Control Board secretly installed water clarity monitoring devices in the nearby creek both upstream and downstream of the project. During the rainstorm, they were able to document a slight increase in turbidity below the project, and fined him six figures.
                      70 rebuilt 302, Edelbrock Performer intake and carb, C4, 20 w/aftermarket gears & HD output, D44 w/Power-lock, disks, 4:88, 9 in Detroit, PS, PB, winch, lights, rock bumpers, full cage, 3 1/2" WH lift, 2" body lift, IROK 37's, 23 gal tank

"70" CJ-5 ('58 frame, '70 tub, '72 running gear, '80 motor) 350 sbc, 5 1/2 in lift, 35's, PS, PB, full cage, lockers, 5.38's re-gear spring over going in soon.

And a bunch of other crap, some of them run.....

Comment

Sounds like the makings of a spur of the moment NCB east bay gathering. I vote for a group meet-up at the 1st Street Alehouse in Livermore... who's in?
                        1970 Bronco
                        My build thread

Comment

OK.. Maybe i jumped to a conclusion to fast and I should not have. Ill leave my opinions out until I hear the hard facts.

MMMM beer! Alehouse is good. Throwing E.J. Phair in WC in the mix too?

Psst.. Tony...
                          My uncle says Nice Rig
                          Attached Files
                          {o===o}

Comment

You guys F'ed up a good thread...
                            KK6DAD
                            70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

Originally posted by Daddy4zack View Post
                              You guys F'ed up a good thread...

Yep. [/hijack] and back on task. I deleted a couple of my off topic responses. Last check of the Pirate thread didn't show too much more new, solid info...
                              Last edited by CityHick; 08-17-2010, 05:30 AM.
                              1970 Bronco
                              My build thread

Comment

Working...
                              X