Rubicon updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rubicon updates

I will try to keep this thread up to date as I get info...

This Winter has been epic! As of May 20, 2017, monitoring protocols have been met so the current conditions warrant CLOSURE of the Rubicon Trail. Loon Lake to the Intertie is not effected by this closure, however, it is important from a safety standpoint that only very prepared vehicles and experienced drivers attempt traveling on the trail in this area.
    68 Slightly modified
    67 LUBR once again
    61 Willy Wagon

Re: Rubicon updates

So what part of the trial is closed and what part is open? I'm not sure where the "Intertie" is??

Comment

I'm guessing that is inter tie, and that would be the spillway. Where the trail inter ties to the main road.
      Marc D.
      If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

The intertie is where the trail from Wentworth Springs connects with the trail from Loon, right before the Ellis bridge.

Comment

So the trial is only open to the Wentworth Springs intersection with no plans to open it up any farther for rest of the Summer?

Comment

Yes the tie in from Wentworth just before Ellis, temp closure do to snow/ice bridges, heavy melts, treacherous conditions. ELDO Search and Resucue has been busy with idiots too!
            68 Slightly modified
            67 LUBR once again
            61 Willy Wagon

Comment

Do you know if they anticipate opening the trial back up by July?

Comment

The thread on pirate says there's lots of water on the trail. Soupbowl is a pond. They're hoping to have the trail open by June 1

Comment

Trail is back open, offending jam has been removed allowing travel, still ONLY extreme rigs, tons of snow/water flow expected
                  68 Slightly modified
                  67 LUBR once again
                  61 Willy Wagon

Comment

That's great news that the trial is back open. Thanks for keeping us posted.

Comment

3 weeks ago Ellis bridge was sketchy (snow above railings and peaked) now clear! saw some great pics from this weekend :-)
                      68 Slightly modified
                      67 LUBR once again
                      61 Willy Wagon

Comment

Working...
                      X