Section525's Bronco Project - Take II - '75 Bronco

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Section525's Bronco Project - Take II - '75 Bronco

Oookay. I found someone who wanted to restore the '77 to its original condition. So it's gone and here is my new project. I'll have this one longer than a month. I promise.

Anyway, its a '75 with a 2.5" Duff, 1" BL, 33" BFG MTs. Twin stick... uhmm.. 4.10 gears. Etc. Etc.

My plans:
    Centech wiring harness
    New 23 gallon tank
    Family cage
    It came with a stock dash I'll customize for the cage and CD player, gauges, etc.
    Once these tires are done I'll probably go with an 8" wide wheel with a BFG AT or maybe KM2.

More pics coming soon. Came with a hard top and bikini skin-type top.

Re: Section525's Bronco Project - Take II - '75 Bronco

That Bronco looks real nice Good Job
    Originally posted by TBS-POPS
    After a huge amount of reflection, I have determined that what I saw in ukiah was in fact Brians bronco. I was also informed by my wife that she infact heard it run!!

Comment

That makes the second very nice EB you've shown up here with! The exterior looks great and the interior is not bad. Overall I'd say you've got a very solid platform to start with.

Have you peeked under that carpet yet? Carpeted rigs always make me wonder what evil lurks below... but anyway congrats on EB #2!
      1970 Bronco
      My build thread

Comment

That's even prettier than the last one! Nice score!

Thats how I rub...I mean roll!

Comment

Nice....
          2002 F250 Superduty, 7.3 241,500 miles and counting
          1979 Bronco, 351M,NP435,4:11's on 33's
          2016 Race Red Shelby GT350

Comment

Puuuuurdy! If you ever decide to ditch that push bar on the front bumper let me know. I call DIBS!!! Been looking for one of those for the front of the 69.
            sigpicRoad trips on an island get boring after the 1st lap...

Comment

Thats a much better starting point.
              {o===o}
              EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....
              Originally posted by CityHick
              I don't give probabilities in percentage format anymore

Comment

Thanks guys!

Ordered some billet accessories, some hood struts, and other little things to keep the mod bug happy for a few days. So hopefully I can get some stuff done this weekend.

Originally posted by Fungus232 View Post
                Puuuuurdy! If you ever decide to ditch that push bar on the front bumper let me know. I call DIBS!!! Been looking for one of those for the front of the 69.
                It's yours! I was planning on taking it off and building something from tube anyways.

Couple more pics:

PO said the PPO cut out that huge hole in the dash for a CB. So that's why he bought that spare uncut dash. So I'll swap the glove box and speaker vent around, close up the ash tray, and probably add those lower gauges up to the dash too.

The 'don't-need-no-smog-302'.

Oh, and if you look close you can see my three blue Fords.

Comment

Thanks buddy! I'll track you down next month when I'm out. You even got some serpentine action on that put put too! Saweet!

Comment

Very nice, I think this rig will suit your needs much better. Congrats.

Comment

I guess its official now! New plates are on.

Comment

First Official Mod is done.

Tom's Hood Struts

Install was pretty straight-forward aside from two issues.

#1 It's very difficult to get to a drill on the driver's side fender bracket lower hole. At least with the power brake junk in the way. But I got a pretty steep angle going and got the hole where it needed to be (roughly)! A right-angle drill would have helped tremendously.

#2 What the heck is an "awl"? It calls for drilling the hood bracket holes out with an 1/8" bit and then using an awl to open it to 3/16". I think an awl is before my time. I just went to 11/64" with the bit and that worked fine. Still very tight getting the screws in.

Comment

Looks great!

I'm thinking about putting struts on my build but am concerned about putting too much stress on the hood and it bending at the strut mount. Anyone have any issues with that?

I'm enjoying the photos! Keep them coming!
                          1969 Sport, 351 roller EFI, 4R70W, TEAM BLUE.

Comment

Hood shocks are the shiznit & actually make working under the hood MUCH easier by getting the original prop rod out of the picture! Been running a set from WH on the 69 for 4 years or so & love'em.

Comment

Im avoiding lifting the front anymore because I have to get on my toes to get the hood up.
                              {o===o}
                              EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....
                              Originally posted by CityHick
                              I don't give probabilities in percentage format anymore

Comment

Working...
                              X