JJ's Project 72

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JJ's Project 72

Its time for a major make over. I pulled the motor, stripped everything out of it the past week and now its time to go to work. I will begin on the body work this week, filling all the holes, cutting off and installing new rocker panels and rock sliders (stealing Crawlin68 rightup - http://www.norcalbroncos.com/forum/s...=rocker+panels ) , then off to the paint booth. Currently building a 5.0 Mustang EFI Motor with the T-Bird front brackets and pulleys, picked up my Hydro boost and doing the PSC pump, resevoir and Hydro assist steer.

I already did all the wiring when I got the Bronco last year

Here are a couple pics of pulling everything and pressure washing it. More pics to follow as I get more sh!t done
    Attached Files
    Last edited by jchevy4x4j; 10-21-2010, 07:39 AM.
    72 Bronco, 89 5.0 EFI, NP435, Mustang Hydro, PSC Steering with Ram Assist, Dana 20 with Twin Sticks, Rear 9 inch with Detroit, Front Dana 44-Yukon Gold Joints with Detroit, 5.13 gears, 5.5" Coils up front, 4 Link rear with 2" body lift, 37" Toyos...Money Pit!

Re: JJ's Project 72

NICE! Looks like a good platform.

Take note of all the little tricks when building the sliders and plenty of pics...
    I plan on doing this before winters end.
    {o===o}
    Originally posted by TBS-POPS
    EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....
    Originally posted by CityHick
    I don't give probabilities in percentage format anymore

Comment

The T-Bird dress I had was too close to the rad, unless your running a serp T-Bird. Look forward to the progress!
      68 Slightly modified
      67 LUBR once again
      61 Willy Wagon

Comment

Here is a thread with a few pics of my sliders. Post #9 I am in Roseville too now if you want to get a closer look. I am over by Foothills and Junction.

http://www.norcalbroncos.com/forum/s...hlight=sliders
        1968, 69 351W,NP 435, Stak 5.22, D44 with 4.10's, chebby discs and a detroit, 9" with 4.11's and a lockright. 35" MTR's, TRO, WH cage, ps, pb, 3.5" susp, 2" body lifts, pile of parts in the garage, empty wallet!

Comment

I finally got the new rocker panels in and trimmed to fit the new rock sliders. You will see the before and after. I have all the holes filled up, grinded down and ready for Bondo. Have a couple more dents and welds to do before i sand everything down to primer it. Being that I have never done body work before it is taking me more time then I expected.

KWSPONY-The Bronco is at Cook Riolo and Baseline if you ever want to stop by and drink a beer. Cell-916 300-7840

I will be running the Serp belt form the T-Bird. It should be the exact same setup as the Exploder. I will be building up the long block on Sunday.
          Attached Files
          72 Bronco, 89 5.0 EFI, NP435, Mustang Hydro, PSC Steering with Ram Assist, Dana 20 with Twin Sticks, Rear 9 inch with Detroit, Front Dana 44-Yukon Gold Joints with Detroit, 5.13 gears, 5.5" Coils up front, 4 Link rear with 2" body lift, 37" Toyos...Money Pit!

Comment

Next to the fire station? I have seen that bronco there. I will stop by sometime and check it out.

Karl
            1968, 69 351W,NP 435, Stak 5.22, D44 with 4.10's, chebby discs and a detroit, 9" with 4.11's and a lockright. 35" MTR's, TRO, WH cage, ps, pb, 3.5" susp, 2" body lifts, pile of parts in the garage, empty wallet!

Comment

The is another guy next to the fire station. I see his Bronco out there all the time. Im actually on baseline a few houses before Cook Riolo.

Comment

I have not seen yours then. I will keep an eye out for you.

Comment

that guy by the fire station in my formans neighbor. He should really drive that one more.
                  I work just down the road from you at Roseville Corp yard.
                  Marc D.
                  If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

So let me get this straight.....you cut out the original rocker panels, then welded in brand new rocker panels, then cut them out. LOL!

JK, nice work work man!

Comment

Originally posted by crawlin68 View Post
                      So let me get this straight.....you cut out the original rocker panels, then welded in brand new rocker panels, then cut them out. LOL!

JK, nice work work man!
                      I didn't say it but was thinkin' it... LOL!

X2, lookin' good.
                      sigpicRoad trips on an island get boring after the 1st lap...

Comment

I need to do my rockers this winter too, just waiting to see how the new fenders do with the push forward.

Comment

Trust Me! There were so fuked up they had to be cut out. I wasnt going to do all this work and then have half ass rockers. I know it may not have made sense at first but if you would have seen them, you would know what I was talking about.

Comment

Here are some pics of the motor. Finished putting it back together yesterday.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Wow, looks brand new. I wouldn't know what to do with something that clean.
                              Marc D.
                              If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

Working...
                              X