Dash time!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dash time!

Started my dash today for the buggy. First I had to section 3 1/4" out of it to fit. Then I had to cut out the center and shear out a new piece for the guages, switch panel and steering column brace. After shearing and tacking it with my Tig I pulled out the big rod (.030)to finish it up. This was my fisrt real tig project. Turned out nice and flat and I will finish it up tomarrow.

Kevin
    LFD Inc.
    Attached Files
    71 EB 56K original miles stock for now!

73 EB/rock buggy 351W EFI, Art Car C-4 manual VB w/ comp braking, 37 MTR's, 4-Link F&R, Fox Air 16", Full Hydro and now it runs!

51 F1 PU with MII front end, T-Bird IRS

70 C10 SWB, 92 LT1 vett motor, 700R4, power everything, great driving street rig.

Nice! I can't wait to see it done. What gauges are you going to run?

Comment

Kevin, just wondering why you did'nt take out the ash tray and speaker grill while you were at it? Are you trying to keep it looking kinda stock?

I would like to talk to you about adding on to my cage to make it into a La Familia cage for the grandkids' safety, I'll PM you maybe Wed. when I get back to work.
      Have a good 4th!
      Joe
      Last edited by ACE; 07-03-2006, 01:19 PM. Reason: add words

Comment

Yes I am trying to keep a stockish look. Also that ash tray may be the only storage I get in this thing The stock speaker hole is perfect for an external CB speaker. Started on the gauges today and after lunch I will see about filling the hole that the steering column had to have. I am only going to run two gauges, oil PSI and water temp. I will have a light for the alt and computer and that will be about it. This is not going on the open road and I really don't need to know how fast I am going or how high it rev's (and that is high for a 351W)

Kevin
        LFD Inc.
        Attached Files

73 EB/rock buggy 351W EFI, Art Car C-4 manual VB w/ comp braking, 37 MTR's, 4-Link F&R, Fox Air 16", Full Hydro and now it runs!

70 C10 SWB, 92 LT1 vett motor, 700R4, power everything, great driving street rig.

Comment

Almost forgot the Trans temp gauge! I just have the front end cap to do in the morning and then weld in a few tabs for mounting and I will be able to get back on the body mounts. Once the hood is fit I can built the section that will go between the dash and the back of the hood. I plan on keeping this thing down to just the bare minimums for the trail, no extra crap to go wrong! Just so we are clear an I-Pod, amp and a few speakers here and their are part of the bare minimum

Kevin
          LFD Inc.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Rokcrln; 07-03-2006, 08:05 PM.

Comment

Looks great...but don't forget your running a automatic trans...you might want a gauge to monitor the temp...

Sorry got caught up in the pics...did not read the text.....
            Last edited by slvregl; 07-04-2006, 06:38 AM. Reason: Can't read....
            70 Bronco, 5.0, ARB front 44, Detroit 9in Rear, Dana 20 w/ Rock Eaters, NP435, Beadlocked 36X13.5 IROXS

2001 F-250, triple gauges, ATO Tranny, 35 SST's, line-x, bully dogged!

Comment

Here is the finished cluster section of the dash. Now I just need to mount it and fill in the extra holes before painting.

Kevin
              LFD Inc.
              Attached Files

Comment

Very NICE!

Sean
                '88 347 roller, Exploder EFI, WH Shorties, NP435, twin stick D-20 with Tera lows, 44 4:56's w/ARB chromos and CTMs, 9" Detroit, cust dash, wiring and STILL ALMOST "DONE"!...

Comment

Very Mucho Impressed!!!

Comment

Your stuff looks great. How the tig welding going ? It sure looks sweet.
                    FM
                    72EB, one-ton fab project that will never end

Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. Do everything in love.
                    1 Cor 16:13-14

Comment

Out of the box thinking of the dash. I cant wait to see it mudded and paintedted. Looks like a cockpit...
                      “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

Originally posted by Familyman
                        Your stuff looks great. How the tig welding going ? It sure looks sweet.
                        FM
                        Thanks~ The welding is going good for just starting to use this thing. I have had the tig for about 18 months but never really used it more than once or twice. Then I just finished two books on welding and thought why not give it a try. I have been doing alot of metal work latley and wanted to start using tig for many advantages over mig. I think I will be using it alot more now. It takes about 10x the amount of time for doing tig over mig but when done corectly you end up with 100% metal fusion (sp?).

As for mud and paint I only will need to do some minor fill primer and paint. I want to leave the tig welds exposed under a coat of paint and not try filling with plastic. I will only feather in the seam where the first plate was grafted in and not around the gauges.

Kevin
                        LFD Inc.

Comment

Working...
                        X