Don't Ask!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't Ask!!

I was talked into a quick job for the shop accross the street. It is a guys hunting rig and he wanted the top removed and a cage added. I was told all he wanted were two hoops and all I had to do was bend them up and that was it!! Well things changed. Here is just a teaser pic.

Kevin
    LFD Inc.
    Attached Files
    71 EB 56K original miles stock for now!

73 EB/rock buggy 351W EFI, Art Car C-4 manual VB w/ comp braking, 37 MTR's, 4-Link F&R, Fox Air 16", Full Hydro and now it runs!

51 F1 PU with MII front end, T-Bird IRS

70 C10 SWB, 92 LT1 vett motor, 700R4, power everything, great driving street rig.

wish I had a shop across the street then I might be able to talk you into getting a cage made for a 67 bronco
    1967, 302,C4, I DID it Not SOME FRIGGEN SHOP.

Comment

Man I can't wait to see how this turns out! LOL! Got my popcorn.

Comment

I thought they were making the plates and doing all the welding? Yeah I know...anything for a buck
        70 Bronco, 5.0, ARB front 44, Detroit 9in Rear, Dana 20 w/ Rock Eaters, NP435, Beadlocked 36X13.5 IROXS

2001 F-250, triple gauges, ATO Tranny, 35 SST's, line-x, bully dogged!

Comment

Kinda looks like a leftover after a LA road chase went bad under a parked semi
          68 Slightly modified
          67 LUBR once again
          61 Willy Wagon

Comment

Let me start off by saying I am not proud of this thing at all! But the owner only wanted the B & C bars and nothing else. Also he only wanted them mounted to the floor and that was it. His thought is this is only for scopping out dear when they go hunting on their ranch and he only wanted the two bars for resting on when scopping. So I feel kind of good that I was able to talk him into a few more bars. They want to be able to hop in and out of the side so that is why their are now upper side bars. The front hoop is only to rest a plexyglass windshield against. But now atleast the B & C hoops are tied to each other and tied to the top of the bed rail for body support and the front hoop is tied into the B hoop in the center. I also made some quick mounts for the rear seat so it is raised up about 6" higher and still locks and tilts. The back part is made out of 2" .120 wall and the front hoop is 1.5" .120 wall and all the plates are 3/16". The reason for the front hoop not being out of 2" is because they only bought enought for the two rears and all I had here was 1.5" and 1" for finishing up my buggy. So here it is but do not tell anyone that I did it OK. So who's next I think i want to try one out of muffler pipe to keep things real light!

Kevin
            LFD Inc.
            Attached Files

73 EB/rock buggy 351W EFI, Art Car C-4 manual VB w/ comp braking, 37 MTR's, 4-Link F&R, Fox Air 16", Full Hydro and now it runs!

70 C10 SWB, 92 LT1 vett motor, 700R4, power everything, great driving street rig.

Comment

Simple but still NICE work Kevin...

Aaron
              KK6DAD
              70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

Hey Kevin, for what you had to work with it looks good.
                Customers always right I guess.

Comment

Great work again! but what he wants looks silly as heck
                  68 Slightly modified
                  67 LUBR once again
                  61 Willy Wagon

Comment

You know it does look wierd but it is very functional for what he wants. From the back seat you can see right over the drivers head and the side bars are set for pertect arm rests. Then if you were aloud to shoot out of a vehical the B & C hoops are at just the right height for gun rests while you take aim. But Yes I still do not like the way it look but it looks alot beter then what he wanted to start with. I will be doing a full cage for a fellow board member soon so you will all see what I consider a real cage and not some safari/gun rack or as Smitty calls them "Light bar".

Kevin
                    LFD Inc.

Comment

All it needs now is a giant hood scoop and some gold plated curb feelers
                      67 Bronco blue - LS 6.0, 6l90, & atlas (working on it)
                      69 Bronco red - F/I 302,c-4,36" TSL S/X( sitting next to a barn)
                      69 Bronco Yellow - TBI 350,th350, 203/205, Dana 60, 14 bolt, 4-link rear, 3 link front,full hydro, body narrowed 8", 39.9 Iroks on Walker Evans
                      79 CJ 5 360 v8 t18 33's locked & sprung over (sitting in a barn since 2000)
                      67 Camaro Lq4,built 200r4,Hotchkis suspension(work in progre$$)

Comment

It kinda looks like the Popemobile in Broncostyle

Comment

I agree with you all on the looks but the check from the owner tells me he thinks differently. And his buddy came by today for a full cage in his CJ7. Told him no problem but he is at the back of the list.

Kevin
                          LFD Inc.

Comment

Kev,

what happend to the "Pepsi" holders
                            70 Bronco, 5.0, ARB front 44, Detroit 9in Rear, Dana 20 w/ Rock Eaters, NP435, Beadlocked 36X13.5 IROXS

2001 F-250, triple gauges, ATO Tranny, 35 SST's, line-x, bully dogged!

Comment

This one I will admit to doing! It is also for a local guy here in town and is mainly for hunting but may get into wheeling with his kid. Yes I did tie into the bends but I up sized all tubing for doing this. Also the dash bar has a matching plate behind the dash that welds to a 1.5" .120 tube that then welds to a 5x5x 1/4" plate on the floor right above the body mount.

Kevin
                              LFD Inc.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X