SVT 4.6 Power 68

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SVT 4.6 Power 68

Well just found this forum the other night, so I guess this is my check-in. I'm looking forward to meeting everyone this summer. I've owned the 68 now for about 6 years. It wasn't a crawler buy modern standard but was probably last built in the 90's by the previous owner. I'd been trying to sell it for the past few years for $15K but no takers. At the same time we had built a buggy on a 30 day time line using the powertrain that is being used for this build. Ran the setup for 2 years and never really had any issues. Well buggies don't really hold any prestige, everyone's just kinda shrugs when you make good passes, like well it's a buggy, it should make it. So late last year I got a hair up my but and tore the buggy and 68 down to merry them. It's went pretty well so far, but still have a ways to go to get done for Fun Fords Forever at Knotts Berry Farm next month. It might not be 100% by then but I plan on hopefully going to Moab for the Safari so I'm trying to keep my head down. I plan on hitting the Con for the NorCal Bronco Run. Going to bring the SuperCrawler for the Rubi run but not sure on the Moab Safari. It'll take me a few days to post all the pics to date, and I don't want to over load the thread. But man I'm excited to get a chance to meet and be a part of the club. The SuperCrawler doesn't really have much in common with many other rigs, and always gets mixed review.

Laundry List:
    2003 4.6 SVT 4 Valve Factory Supercharged Terminator
    Stiegemeier Snake Bite Ported Eaton
    Metco Pulleys and Lower Bracket Eliminator
    Accel Custom ECM Stand Alone
    Art Car C6
    Stack 3 Speed
    2003 SD Front and Rear
    Currie Outer Knuckles and High Steer Arms
    3 Link Front
    4 Link Rear
    2.5 Non Res Coilovers
    2003 SVT Mustang Seats
    Flaming River Steering Column
    PSC Rock Box with Hydro Assist
    4.88 Gears
    Detroit Rear / E Locker Front
    42" Goodyear MTR Kevlars
    17" Raceline Beadlocks
    Poly Performance Link Brackets and Truss
    Ballistic Trac Bar Brackets
    Ballistic Rod Ends @ Axles
    Ballistic Chromo Joints @ Frame
    HighAngle Drivelines Front and Rear

House of Diesel on Facebook
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/House-...53145751393079

Re: SVT 4.6 Power 68

So basically there just wasn't enough room between the rails. Power Steering Pump, Alternator, Headers, and T case were all hitting the rails and holding the engine too high. I had another chassis in the back yard that I plan on using the body for another build with a fully custom chassis so I used the front half of the frame rails to stagger out the front half. Staggered the joints to help fight twisting and welded and wrapped plate under and up the sides to saddle the joints. Also made a crossmember skid plate to strengthen the structure.

Last edited by houseofdiesel; 03-20-2010, 05:20 PM.

Comment

Welcome, I'm a newbie to the site as well but not to the world of off-road and 4x4. This is a cool site. I believe I've seen your rig on pirate, correct? It's cool to see something different. Good luck with your build!

Comment

Welcome aboard! You've got a great looking Bronco and you're doing some very nice work on it. Whereabouts are you located? I'd love to see that shoehorned 4.6 install in person... I'm not certain I'll be making the NCB Rubicon run this year. Do you know if Fab. Fords registration is still open? Weather permitting I'd consider driving mine down for that - and that will be all the motivation I need to get my hard doors in paint!
        1970 Bronco
        My build thread

Comment

Welcome as well, been watching your thread on Classic
          2002 F250 Superduty, 7.3 241,500 miles and counting
          1979 Bronco, 351M,NP435,4:11's on 33's
          2016 Race Red Shelby GT350

Comment

Been watch'n your build thread on Pirate too. Very nice fab work indeedy! You should try and make it to the meet and greet/BB-Q next Sat. Gonna be a lot of Bronco addicts there. Oh yeah, welcome to the board too!!

Comment

I can always appreciate building something a little different and one off. It would be nice for a little open house for us local guys to come and see the progress.

Ken
              69, 7" lift,D-44 with air locker, 9" 35 spl full floater with a locker, 4-wheel disc, custom paint, one off custom mods, Hanson bumpers and side protection, 35's on Champion beadlocks.

Comment

Nice to see you here. I think I saw the supercrawler in Roseville a while ago. Come to Moab and I will buy you a beer or Gatoraide. Keep us updated on your progress, and how tall are you planning on sitting?
                Marc D.
                If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

Curiosity got the best of me so I looked up your shop online - you're in San Jose? If the address I found is right, I work pretty near to your shop... One of these days I will have to drive my Bronco to work and spin by your shop - if visitors are allowed!
                  1970 Bronco
                  My build thread

Comment

I looked it up and it said Redding???looked again, more than one, 408 would be SJ
                    Last edited by TBS-POPS; 03-20-2010, 07:37 PM.
                    72 sport/exp.,TBI 302,NP435,4.56 Powrlok/ARB in Full Width's.5.5" CAGE lift w/arms,2'' bl,37's, rescued from the concrete jungle (L.A.) NEVER DONE!!! Sold to buy a Boat, Now Broncoless.....Now it's fast water,smooth women and cold beer!! toad jeep owner now,,,,,, sorry

ALL MY DRINKING BUDDIES HAVE A SEVERE BRONCO PROBLEM !!!

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71
                    BULLSHIT! I love your meat in my mouth
                    RIP MARK BECK RIP MY FRIEND! RIP GIZMO,My little Buddy.

Comment

stalkers
                      67 Bronco blue - LS 6.0, 6l90, & atlas (working on it)
                      69 Bronco red - F/I 302,c-4,36" TSL S/X( sitting next to a barn)
                      69 Bronco Yellow - TBI 350,th350, 203/205, Dana 60, 14 bolt, 4-link rear, 3 link front,full hydro, body narrowed 8", 39.9 Iroks on Walker Evans
                      79 CJ 5 360 v8 t18 33's locked & sprung over (sitting in a barn since 2000)
                      67 Camaro Lq4,built 200r4,Hotchkis suspension(work in progre$$)

Comment

Originally posted by Stangeland View Post
                        Welcome, I'm a newbie to the site as well but not to the world of off-road and 4x4. This is a cool site. I believe I've seen your rig on pirate, correct? It's cool to see something different. Good luck with your build!
                        Yep and thanks. I've been a member of pirate and classic for a while. I'd been searching for the exact dates for the Rubi run and just found them the other night on a Rubicon calender and came over here to check things out. It's nice to see there's a good following of locals that share some of my interests. I've been doing the Ford Diesel stuff for a long time now and have been kinda sad that there isn't really a strong club like this up here for everyone to support each other. Individualist! SoCal has a really big Powerstroke Club and I've always been jealous.

Originally posted by CityHick View Post
                        Welcome aboard! You've got a great looking Bronco and you're doing some very nice work on it. Whereabouts are you located? I'd love to see that shoehorned 4.6 install in person... I'm not certain I'll be making the NCB Rubicon run this year. Do you know if Fab. Fords registration is still open? Weather permitting I'd consider driving mine down for that - and that will be all the motivation I need to get my hard doors in paint!
                        Crap I didn't even think about that. I better take care of registering for all these event I want to make this week. I'm really excited about it cause it's really the only big Ford show that I've been able to find out here on the West Coast.

Originally posted by crawlin68 View Post
                        Been watch'n your build thread on Pirate too. Very nice fab work indeedy! You should try and make it to the meet and greet/BB-Q next Sat. Gonna be a lot of Bronco addicts there. Oh yeah, welcome to the board too!!
                        Heck ya. When and where?

Originally posted by BRONKEN View Post
                        I can always appreciate building something a little different and one off. It would be nice for a little open house for us local guys to come and see the progress.

Ken
                        Man that would be kinda fun. I'd be more than happy to host something like that. I'd love to chap it up about it this next Sat at that meet and greet.

Originally posted by earlybronco72 View Post
                        Nice to see you here. I think I saw the supercrawler in Roseville a while ago. Come to Moab and I will buy you a beer or Gatoraide. Keep us updated on your progress, and how tall are you planning on sitting?
                        Wow. I was pretty tossed that day. I blew up the Steering box in the '08 after I snapped all the 60 shafts in the SuperCrawler. Ya it would have to be a Gateraide cause I quit drinking a short time after that. I haven't measured it up yet. Basically I started out with the tires stuffed were they where in the picture above planing on having to do some trimming. I knew as I laid stuff out it might have to lifted a little along the way. So far I've added a 1" body lift and raised it about another 1" past that. Currently I'm laying out the drag link and trac bar and when I flex the front out might have to raise it another 1" to give it some more up travel. My two limits on travel have turned out to be those links and the coilover mount placements in the rear. The sacrifice I've chosen to keep the rear seats, tool box, and as close to OE as possible theme.

Originally posted by CityHick View Post
                        Curiosity got the best of me so I looked up your shop online - you're in San Jose? If the address I found is right, I work pretty near to your shop... One of these days I will have to drive my Bronco to work and spin by your shop - if visitors are allowed!
                        Originally posted by TBS-POPS View Post
                        I looked it up and it said Redding???looked again, more than one, 408 would be SJ
                        I thought I took all of my Redding addresses off every where. Where sis you see that?

So here's the skinny. I own a few properties up in the North NorCal area, but was born raised and live in the San Jose area. The diesel rigs around here are mostly Contractor poseur 4 Wheel Parts rigs. But in the Redding area there were a lot of nut cases like me that really use their trucks. So in '06 I opened up the House of Diesel in Redding. Now I'm a Stucco guy by trade, but we own other companies in San Jose one of which is a Diesel Repair we've owned for 20 plus years. My brothers and I own the stucco company together but after a few months I had to take a leave from the stucco company to get the Redding shop rolling. By late '07 things where just starting to pen out. Then January of 2008 the economy went to crap. By the end of January sales were 30% of what they were the end of '07 and it stayed that way. By August of 2008 I pulled the plug on the shop and closed the Redding operation down. Since we still own the repair shop in San Jose I've kept the name alive and still do work through there for friends or people that find me on the internet. So the San Jose address is actually DaJon Truck Repair. There's no sale office or merchandise there, just vehicles that they are doing repairs and maintenance on. 3 years ago I moved to San Martin and built a shop at my house. So we refer to my shop as the House of Diesel, and that's where all my heavy projects and fab is done. My wife hates it. lol

So that's the story.

Comment

Is this the same house of diesel with the SUPER CRAWLER ...
                          75 sport 302 c4 full width 44 front 9 rear let the building begin

Comment

this crazy ( sweet as heck ) super duty
                            Attached Files
                            75 sport 302 c4 full width 44 front 9 rear let the building begin

Comment

Here are some other cool fab stuff I've done along the way. Crossmember Skid, PS Box Plate and New Front Crossmember, 1" Thick Flat Pitman Arm, and Motor Mount/Craddle. I'm not a fab guy by any means. The first rig I hands on built was last year. I designed everything front to back and Welded and Fabed 95% of a Sami One Link with 37"s, Toy Axles, Hydro Assist, 2.0 Airs, and Exo Cage. The guy I built it for was a welder and tough me a lot. Everything else I know I've learned from my fab guy I had at the House of Diesel and years of reading every damn car, truck, and 4x4 magazine I could get my hands on. I seam to be good at being able to visualize what I want though and I think that is something special. At least that's what my buddy keeps telling me but he could just be being nice. Hey and quick question while I have everyone's attention. I'm running low on funds to finish this thing up. Does anyone know of anyone I can trust to do some really clean wiring and would just like to lend a hand. I have some services I can offer in return if anyone needs some lite sheet metal bending or rolling or even some Ford or truck diagnostics. I don't know the first thing about electrical and the only two guys I know are expensive as hell.

Comment

Working...
                              X