Nothing better

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nothing better

On that day you start up with a key and run your long term project for the first time and get to hear 357 cubic inches rev from everywhere at idle at a nice 700 rpm up to 2000.

Got a nice oil pressure of 90ish on Shell Rotella so that should drop to 85 on Castrol 10W30.

Only issue we have found so far engine wise is a possilbe faulty thermostat.

Now I know where I will be most evenings, out in that shop knockin off the little things.

Moab is calling......

Re: Nothing better

Are you using Rotella in a gas motor? Is that a way to get the breakin done without fear of losing a cam?

Thats how I rub...I mean roll!

Comment

You are correct. Rotella has some ddp additive in it as well is good and thick to begin with. Wouldnt of known this but best bud who owns his own engine machine shop advised me on this.

Comment

I will remember that for next time. I used straight 30 wt with an additive last time. Did lose the cam but it was due to spring pressure in AFR heads vs stock lifters. Machine shop eventually took some responsiblity (they designed the setup).

Thats how I rub...I mean roll!

Comment

Good news. I can't wait to hear it when I see it in Moab.
          Marc D.
          If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

Rotella to my knowledge is among the only natural oil produced with enough ZDDP to safely lubricate a flat tappet cam. I am running RedLine's engine break-in additive in my engine as it contains the needed ZDDP as well. I will eventually switch to full synthetic, maybe at the next oil change. Red Line contains enough of the ZDDP additive to run with a flat tappet cam, or at least it did when I called them a while back.
            1970 Bronco
            My build thread

Comment

Working...
            X