Red 67

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red 67

I've been wanting to start a thread on my Bronco for a long time but wanted to start from the begining. I recently scanned some old pictures to show what I started from. I bought my Bronco in 1996, drove it for 2 years then decided to put in a new engine, tranny and wiring kit. Well that snowballed big time and turned into a 2 year project. Here are some pics of what it looked like when I bought it.
    Attached Files
    Kyle
    Aptos
    1967 EB, 5.8, AOD, Stak 5.22, 37's, Dana44/9" w/ARBs 5.13s, 3.5" WH SL, 2" BL, 4wheel disc hydroboost, wristed.

Re: Red 67

As you can see, I thought, well if I'm going to redo the engine bay, I might as well repaint the whole thing, right? When I took the engine out I noticed the previous owner seriously hacked up the frame to change from an I6 to a V8. He also cut the frame to put the PS box on. I was able to buy a good frame from someone in Morgan Hill. You can even see the ATV winch mounted under the front bumper.
    Attached Files
    Kyle
    Aptos
    1967 EB, 5.8, AOD, Stak 5.22, 37's, Dana44/9" w/ARBs 5.13s, 3.5" WH SL, 2" BL, 4wheel disc hydroboost, wristed.

Comment

I've seen the finished product, and you have come a long ways. Now lets see the rest of the build.
      Marc D.
      If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

So I installed a '94 351W and an AOD. I also put on a Wild Horses 3.5" lift and shock hoops. I then had the frame powder coated. I also redid the dash. To do that I cut out the center section of the dash and welded in a piece of sheet metal that had a 90* bend at the bottom.
        Attached Files
        Kyle
        Aptos

Comment

I got it back on the road in 2000 and have been loving it ever since. I have been upgrading it here and there. Here's a pic of a cooler rack I made but took it off because it stuck out farther than the spare tire.
          Attached Files
          Kyle
          Aptos

Comment

In 2002 I upgraded to a dana 44 with disc brakes, last year I upgraded to rear disc brakes with hydro boost. In 2006 I upgraded to SEFI using the wiring kit from fordfuelinjection.com. I was having overheating problems so I moved to tranny cooler to the side and put 2 pusher fans on.
            Attached Files
            Kyle
            Aptos

Comment

As some of you know I blew 2 side walls on the Rubicon this September so I found a great deal on bigger tires and wheels. 37" Toyo's on 17" Allied beadlocks. So now I am in the process of clearing the fenders for the tires. I really don't want to get a bigger lift so I am going to raise the flares up and tube the front inner fender wells. I haven't figured out how much I will need to do to the rear yet.
              Attached Files
              Kyle
              Aptos

Comment

When I rebuilt my rig 10 years ago, I made it so I could unbolt the inner fender wells. That made it easy to remove them. So I started making the inner fender tube support. I am connecting it to the front body mounts and firewall in case I want to change the body lift. I made the front part of the support today. While I'm at it I'm going to add onboard air, a PS cooler, and touch up the wiring.
                Attached Files
                Kyle
                Aptos

Comment

Nice Kyle! You will love the tires, and the size is perfect
                  68 Slightly modified
                  67 LUBR once again
                  61 Willy Wagon

Comment

Nice upgrades, Already preparing for the next con trip? I had so much fun I came home and tore mine all apart to.
                    sigpic70w/ 69/351w/GT40 lightning heads 435/203/D20 5.5/3in 44/arb 9in/detroit need some beadlocks

Comment

do you have any pics of how you made the inner fenders unbolt? Sounds like a cool mod.
                      1968, 69 351W,NP 435, Stak 5.22, D44 with 4.10's, chebby discs and a detroit, 9" with 4.11's and a lockright. 35" MTR's, TRO, WH cage, ps, pb, 3.5" susp, 2" body lifts, pile of parts in the garage, empty wallet!

Comment

Wow you have done a lot since you first got it. Your rig did pretty good on the Con. I think the one think that was holding you back were those 33's. Now you are ready to roll.

Comment

I cut the inner fender support at the firewall. I then added some sheet metal to the fire wall and the fender support. I then clamped it all together and drilled holes for the bolts.
                          Attached Files
                          Kyle
                          Aptos

Comment

Kyle, the two times I've seen your rig I obviously didnt pay enough attention to the finer details. You've got one very nice Bronco and it looks like it keeps getting better. Very nice work!
                            1970 Bronco
                            My build thread

Comment

kyle, are you going to have to cut any more of your fenders?
                              sigpic70w/ 69/351w/GT40 lightning heads 435/203/D20 5.5/3in 44/arb 9in/detroit need some beadlocks

Comment

Working...
                              X