SIZEMICT 69 bronc build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SIZEMICT 69 bronc build

So I thought I'd start a build thread for my upgrades.

Installed a fan shroud,replaced door limiting strap,installed accell electronic distributer conversion kit, replaced winshield frame weather strip, replaced turn signal switch, Got c bushings and all hardware and bushings to install the leafsprings blwingasket donated to me. I also bought WH 2.5 variable rate springs for the front but I am leary about changing them out since I like the stock spring rate I currently have. I love how the truck handles and dont want it any stiffer.

More to come!

Re: SIZEMICT 69 bronc build

You've been busy!
    Sounds like you've done some good upgrades. So where are the pictures???

The other other Tony
    1970 Bronco
    My build thread

Comment

Fabricated a simple instrument clister bracket to see my aftermarket guages.I used a fence post part and cut and drilled an angle bracket to fit. Now all I have to do is paint it.
      Attached Files

Comment

Bronco looks nice, Keep it comming!
        Jack
        73 Bronco 302 C4 3 1/2 2" 5.14 9"/d44 d20 37"

Comment

Gauge cluster reminds me of a racing go cart, very cool. Really like how you color matched the wheel and the dash
          Last edited by blwngsket; 05-17-2009, 11:59 AM.
          1970 w/89 5.0, np 435/203/205, 456/locker/ARB, 4 wheel disc brakes w/hydroboost, 5.5" lift w/ext.radius arms, 3" bod lift, RS 9000's, tilt column, Hydro assist steering, 39.5" pitbull's on H1's. 4 link rear suspension. Hey brother, can you spare some change, I need parts....

Comment

Originally posted by blwngsket View Post
            Gauge cluster reminds me of a racing go cart, very cool. Really like how you color matched the wheel and the dash
            Thanks for the compliments.

Comment

So after 3 new batteries failing I upgraded to a Optima redtop. It seems to me that with all the bouncing and vibration that standard batt's don't hold up.Still battelin the temp issue a few bad thermostadts and its better.When it was 102+ The bronc didn't run over 210 but when I shut the motor off the heat soak affected the starter to the point that it behaved as though it had a bad battery.After it cooled down it would start Right up.With those of you that run the hotter efi's do you not experience the heat soak issue?

Comment

When mine started heatsoaking, I swapped over to the newer style gear reduction starter. Here is a write up on the conversion. This starter is amazing.
                http://www.azbronco.org/tech02.htm
                Marc D.
                If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

i had issues too with my thermo. nice bronco though, give some pics up too as you go along.
                  What can I fix next?

Comment

Originally posted by earlybronco72 View Post
                    When mine started heatsoaking, I swapped over to the newer style gear reduction starter. Here is a write up on the conversion. This starter is amazing.
                    Exactly what I did w/my EFI engine, amazing difference
                    Rick-
                    68 Slightly modified
                    67 LUBR once again
                    61 Willy Wagon

Comment

Same here...... Nice and lite too.
                      1970 w/89 5.0, np 435/203/205, 456/locker/ARB, 4 wheel disc brakes w/hydroboost, 5.5" lift w/ext.radius arms, 3" bod lift, RS 9000's, tilt column, Hydro assist steering, 39.5" pitbull's on H1's. 4 link rear suspension. Hey brother, can you spare some change, I need parts....

Comment

Originally posted by earlybronco72 View Post
                        Looks interesting, I had seen those starters but they were too expensive.With this info it looks more attractive.

Comment

Lucky day yesterday!I walked into Napa to talk with the manager about things in general and he asked me if I would be interested in a custom order all new direct replacement 90 amp altenator.A customer ordered it for a 68 mustang and when he went to install it someone had previously switched it out for a GM 1 wire.He offered me the alt for 55.00 + lifetime warrenty.Of course I bought it and proceeded to install it in his parking lot.

Comment

Started the chevy disc conversion sat due to the wheel berings needing to be replaced.I had most the parts and was 1/2 way there anyway. 1/2 day sat and it was tore down smoooth.Well I spent the better part of the day yesterday looking for spindles,backing plates+ rotors and hubs.I cannot locate any chevy spindles or backing plates.It's tore down in the driveway and needs to get back together so the wife can park in the garage.Any one have a set they want to sell or knows where I can attain them without breaking the bank?I found a set in carson city but I was hoping for somewhere a little closer.Here are some of the photos I took more to come...
                            Attached Files

Comment

When I did my last one I used knukles, backing plates and spindle of a mid 70's jeep wagoneer. The nice thing is some of there knukles are top load for tie rods.

Comment

Working...
                              X