Project Pips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Project Pips

Here is my new project a 1970 Bronco. I have a LONG way to go.
    So far i have pulled the body, installed WH 3 1/2 coils up front,add a leaf in the back,new shocks, and np435 trans.
    Attached Files
    sigpic

Sounds like a good start. What are the future plans?
    Marc D.
    If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

Wow! This will be a great project to watch come together... the basket case rigs always are.

As Marc asked - what are your plans? Looks like you could do just about anything with this one.
      1970 Bronco
      My build thread

Comment

Well my grand scheme is to make a trail and weekend rig. So my to do list is hydro boost, front disc brakes. Cage and body will come after.
        Last edited by Stonedog; 10-11-2009, 04:42 PM.
        sigpic

Comment

Looks like a good starting point to a great project. Keep us posted on your progress.

Comment

Re: Project Pips

My project has been on hold for a while because we bought a bank repo. But I have got back to it. I have just finished the disc brake swap. Put the Body back on and welded the front inner supports all back together. Also found a real good deal on a new Centech wiring harness just 25 bucks. I will post up some pics over the next few days.
            sigpic

Comment

Here is some pics of my progress so far. The front clip was fun I welded it all to gether then realized you don't drill through both pieces when you spot weld . Then i pulled the wrong parts for the front disc conversion 78 spindle from a suburban . Oh well it's all a learning process
              Attached Files
              sigpic

Comment

Nice! I cant wait to see it come together. Dont forget to post pics.
                What can I fix next?

Comment

I feel your pain brutha. We've all been there and done things like that many, many..........many times! Keep up the good work.

Comment

Got some work done and I thought I would update. First off I installed my new body lift tank from WH very easy until I got to the filler hose PITA . Also Rebulit my steering colum installed a new blinker switch and bearings. I put my corvette master cylinder on and bleed my brakes. That led the new brake lines, brakes, and wheel cylinders in the back. They were full of gunk. I also had my brother come down and help me weld up my new cage kit it turned out real nice.
                    I just need to get some more tube to customize it.
                    Attached Files
                    sigpic

Comment

Diggin the cage stonedog! You say its a kit? More info please... I'm gonna need one too w/ my knuckle-draggers in the back. I've got good welding facilities but no bender so a kit would be sweet to get the bulk of it together!
                      sigpicRoad trips on an island get boring after the 1st lap...

Comment

I got it from Mike on CB. Here is the link http://extremecustomparts.com/ FYI he does deal so you can offer less than the posted price. I saved $50 and got free shipping.
                        Last edited by Stonedog; 10-21-2009, 11:49 AM.
                        sigpic

Comment

Got it painted today. Thanks to my dad. Oh yeah and one before pic.
                          Attached Files
                          sigpic

Comment

Wow, that paint looks great! That color really works well on an EB - similar to Patrick's but not exactly the same. Your rig will be back together in no time...
                            1970 Bronco
                            My build thread

Comment

x2 on the WOW!! I said thats really going to be one of those loose intrest cause theres SOOOOOOO much to do projects when you posted the pics when ya drug that pos home.... I am impressed!!! Great job!!
                              72 sport/exp.,TBI 302,NP435,4.56 Powrlok/ARB in Full Width's.5.5" CAGE lift w/arms,2'' bl,37's, rescued from the concrete jungle (L.A.) NEVER DONE!!! Sold to buy a Boat, Now Broncoless.....Now it's fast water,smooth women and cold beer!! toad jeep owner now,,,,,, sorry

ALL MY DRINKING BUDDIES HAVE A SEVERE BRONCO PROBLEM !!!

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71
                              BULLSHIT! I love your meat in my mouth
                              RIP MARK BECK RIP MY FRIEND! RIP GIZMO,My little Buddy.

Comment

Working...
                              X