New Tuffy Console went in today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Tuffy Console went in today

I got the one with the stereo compartment, but no stereo installed yet. That's down the road.

Too bad the lab can't hold a wrench.
    Attached Files
    74 Bronco - 6cyl, 3spd manual, 4.56's, 3.5" Cage Lift, 33's, sillyfab extended radius arms & tie rod over knuckle conversion, power brake booster, front discs, ps, procar elite front seats, WH Family Cage, 3 gas tanks, custom front and rear bumpers, softop

If you dont already have a deck ready to go in I would recommend an Alpine CDE-9874. I just put my tuffy center console in and installed this deck, rarely does it skip even at the angle.

Comment

Those consoles sure are nice. Definitely something that's on my list.
      1970 Bronco
      My build thread

Comment

looks good
        Attached Files
        69 bronco, 72 bronco, 66 vert stang

Comment

Re: New Tuffy Console went in today

Quick question...... How do you like your Procar seats, and what height did you get for the tuffy box? Thanks

Comment

corbeau baja seats are nice. 8 inch wide tuffy box. height?? bought from Wild Horses.
            69 bronco, 72 bronco, 66 vert stang

Comment

Screw cd! Get an ipod compatible stereo receiver & never look back! No cds bouncing around, no skipping. Not many cd decks will handle that angle mount + offroad jarring w/o skipping. Not sure how much the above alpine deck is $$ but ipod decks are pretty cheap (even for decent ones) about $200- 300. & like I say, you dont have cds bouncing around cluttering up cargo space (more spare parts) & getting scratched up!
              sigpicRoad trips on an island get boring after the 1st lap...

Comment

Shoot, skip the deck and just get an amp and hook the mp3/ipod/iphone up directly, thats my plan....if only I hadnt put the deck hole in my dash

Thats how I rub...I mean roll!

Comment

How do you hook up the MP3 player up directly to an amp? I like that idea. That way I can remove ther sterio and put a switch manel in its place (inside the tuffy)

Also, nice tuffy install. That is 200 bucks you will never regret spending.
                  “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

Carl, I'm looking to buy an amp in the very near future. I have a Sirius receiver that's got its own volume control and remote. I spoke to the local stereo shop about this and they said they do it all the time and it works great. You basically just take the output from pretty much any personal audio device (ipod, satellite, etc), convert to dual RCA and control volume from the device. Voila, instant, simple sound system.

I didn't leave enough room on my dash for a stereo, and even the 6" tuffy box is a tight squeeze between the ginormous PRP seats I bought. I'm planning to mount the satellite receiver somewhere on the cage or surface mounted to the dash, run a pair of speakers and maybe a sub, and call it a day.

Now I wish I'd closed up the radio antenna hole in my front fender...
                    1970 Bronco
                    My build thread

Comment

Originally posted by Delta 4 Wheel View Post
                      That way I can remove ther sterio and put a switch manel in its place (inside the tuffy)
                      I did this, and it makes for a really secure place to mount the power toggle, and start button. You can even lock the box so stuff doesn't end up all over the trail when you roll, and still get to the main power and start button.
                      Marc D.
                      If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

Originally posted by PDXBronco View Post
                        Shoot, skip the deck and just get an amp and hook the mp3/ipod/iphone up directly, thats my plan....if only I hadnt put the deck hole in my dash
                        I'm running a small JVC 300W amp that fits INSIDE the tuffy console! I mounted it to the inner passenger side of the Tuffy box... nice and out of the way, lockable and waterproof!
                        sigpicRoad trips on an island get boring after the 1st lap...

Comment

Working...
                        X