No announcement yet.

Project Rockbronco67

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What air filter is everyone running (brand, year, make)? I was looking at the www.trueflow.com website and it was hard to find info on what might work. So I called them and I spoke to a lady that didn't know sh#$. I hate when people are not helpful and you wonder why so many business go under. So their out. Please provide info.
    Last edited by Rockbronco67; 12-11-2008, 11:27 AM.

Comment

• I had a minor engine compartment fire and my paper element was flaming away while my K&N top element did not burn, melt or warp. I only use K&N now.
      70 rebuilt 302, Edelbrock Performer intake and carb, C4, 20 w/aftermarket gears & HD output, D44 w/Power-lock, disks, 4:88, 9 in Detroit, PS, PB, winch, lights, rock bumpers, full cage, 3 1/2" WH lift, 2" body lift, IROK 37's, 23 gal tank

"70" CJ-5 ('58 frame, '70 tub, '72 running gear, '80 motor) 350 sbc, 5 1/2 in lift, 35's, PS, PB, full cage, lockers, 5.38's re-gear spring over going in soon.

And a bunch of other crap, some of them run.....

Comment

• I am running an Air Raid filter on mine. The box that it came in is long gone though, so I have no idea what the model number is. That was a big help, huh?

I can take a picture of it if that will help.

Comment

• Originally posted by crawlin68 View Post
          I am running an Air Raid filter on mine. The box that it came in is long gone though, so I have no idea what the model number is. That was a big help, huh?

I can take a picture of it if that will help.
          Thats cause I got your box, or a pic at least. I run the same as Patrick (or he did run before the cold air box), I'll look for the info. Found the Summit invoice.
          http://store.summitracing.com/partde...0&autoview=sku
          HTH, Rick-
          68 Slightly modified
          67 LUBR once again
          61 Willy Wagon

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncrick View Post
            Thats cause I got your box, or a pic at least. I run the same as Patrick (or he did run before the cold air box), I'll look for the info. Found the Summit invoice.
            HTH, Rick-
            The one in your link is a K&N.

Mine is an Air Raid, but it's the same shape as the K&N that you linked to.

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncrick View Post
              HTH, Rick-
              What you doin with Patrick's box? Sumpin we should know about?
              1970 w/89 5.0, np 435/203/205, 456/locker/ARB, 4 wheel disc brakes w/hydroboost, 5.5" lift w/ext.radius arms, 3" bod lift, RS 9000's, tilt column, Hydro assist steering, 39.5" pitbull's on H1's. 4 link rear suspension. Hey brother, can you spare some change, I need parts....

Comment

• Originally posted by blwngsket View Post
                What you doin with Patrick's box? Sumpin we should know about?
                Thought about that once I posted up. Yes the K&N is the same dimensions as Pat's
                68 Slightly modified
                67 LUBR once again
                61 Willy Wagon

Comment

• I ended up ordering a round tapered K&N. After spending an hour or so looking through the whole section of radiator hoses at Kragens, I found a upper and lower that worked. I had to trim a lot off but got it to work. Next is to get my Hydro lines and start my brake lines.

I am having a hard time finding a good spot to mount my battery. I only want to run one for now but finding a spot that doesn't take up room is hard. I have no room in the engine bay. I guess I will mount it under the body on a frame rail or something.

Comment

• hey that rig is turning out nice. i've been out awhile just catching up on the builds. I like the switch pannel, i just ordered something simular for mine, pushbutton start and toggles. Nice work
                    this is the last mod i promise
                    www.hoblitmotors.com

Comment

• A have a few questions to clarify:

I bought a new small starter from a 1994 Bronco. So the solenoid is attached to it. There is a 6" wire attached to the solenoid. Is this where I hook up a wire from my start position of the ignition? or do I not do that and use the purple wire from the RJM harness that says "connect the 18Ga Purple 1/8” terminal to a start signal on the starter solenoid". I think I need to do both. I hope that makes sense.
                      Last edited by Rockbronco67; 12-29-2008, 11:10 AM.

Comment

• you need to hook up both. the rjm 18 gauge is for fuel pump control to the ecm. the one on the starter goes to the key.
                        6 jeeps 2a-cj5. bronco now. 70,efi 302,c4,ps,pb, 4.56's detroit's 2bl,4.5 rollin on 37's

Comment

• Thanks Fordfreak

Comment

• Got some more stuff wired and mounted. I mounted my battery behind the passenger seat. This is a good spot for it, out of the way. Also I mounted my ARB compressor. This thing is tiny. I am just using it for my front locker. Hopefully later I will be able to do a whole OBA setup.
                            Attached Files

Comment

• Looks good Matt! I like those new ARB compressors. I still have the older bigger one. That is on my wish list.

Comment

• I mounted my battery behind my passenger seat also. I figured it was a little offset for my butt.
                                Marc D.
                                If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

Working...
                                X