66 RestoMod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 66 RestoMod

So some of you know but I vacated California and went back home to Southern Oregon after I retired in 2018. I landed in Grants Pass. I’ve always wanted to build my wife a bronco so I’ve been keeping my eyes open for a decent builder. One popped up here in town and it was actually in very good condition considering. It’s a 1966 U15 January build. Has the Budd body but no eyebrow grill. It’s a bench seat with a bulkhead and rear seat delete. It’s also a radio delete. It spent its life in King City and was relatively rust free. The grandson inherited the bronco and had big plans for it but lost interest. He never registered the bronco and it was still in grampa’s name so I guess I’m officially the 2nd owner.

I’ve replaced the motor mounts and radiator support to house a V8. I have a built 351W and a 6R80 transmission. I replaced the small bearing rear end with a new big bearing rear end from Tom’s. (Very nice having them in my backyard) I sourced a 77 chassis from Klamath Falls Or and it had the HP 44. I had it narrowed and it’s sitting under it now. The frame was blasted and powder coated. It has all new 4:11 gears in the diffs and is a rolling chassis. All new disc brakes in each corner as well. It’s sitting on a new 2.5” Tom’s lift. I’ve purchased a proflo 4 fuel injection system for it. Im hoping to get the motor and transmission in the frame within the next week so I can get the angle set on the new cross member. It will have a painless wire harness and a 23 gallon efi fuel tank and lines from Tom’s.

I removed the body and it’s at a buddy’s house getting it ready for paint. I let my wife pick the color and I think it will look great. I will hold off on the color she picked until it’s done.

I will post some photos as soon as I can figure out how to do so.
    1969 Sport, 351 roller EFI, 4R70W, TEAM BLUE.

Comment

Comment

Nice. Thanks for sharing... Doug.
        2002 F250 Superduty, 7.3 241,500 miles and counting
        1979 Bronco, 351M,NP435,4:11's on 33's
        2016 Race Red Shelby GT350

Comment

That drivetrain is soooo clean. Awesome man
          1973 Bronco Ranger - 302, C4, Dana 20, Dana 44 front, 9 inch rear, 3.55 gears, 35" MTR's on Allied Beadlocks, 3.5" Wild Horses lift

Comment

Hey, Brad's back! Thanks for sharing this build with all of us. You're doing a great job with this rig, just like your other one. Looking forward to seeing how it all comes together.
            1970 Bronco
            My build thread

Comment

Working...
            X