Side Work...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Side Work...

Mater's up at Cage Dave getting some holes welded up in exchange for my handy work on this 77 he is restoring for a Client.

AAW harness going in...

Attached Files
    2002 F250 Superduty, 7.3 241,500 miles and counting
    1979 Bronco, 351M,NP435,4:11's on 33's
    2016 Race Red Shelby GT350

You sure do some nice work Doug! What is the connector at the upper tailgate?

Comment

Originally posted by crawlin68 View Post
      You sure do some nice work Doug! What is the connector at the upper tailgate?
      Power point for charging phones, etc. AAW harness has a 12v feed that goes back to the tail lights for LED's, it was repurposed.
      It also has a courtesy light wire, that I terminated at the power point as well. Future bed lighting controlled by the headlight switch, if desired.

The one thing I dislike about this harness is that the rear body feed, has a plug inside the firewall. So if you needed to lift the body off, it gets real complicated... I usually add the Weather pack plugs in the back to aliviate that issue.

Comment

Finished wraping the harness in Tesa tape, sorting through the various connectors, wraping some of them in Tesa tape or split loom, and have it installed in the dash.
        Maybe today I will finish the hook ups inside and more to the engine compartment.
        Attached Files

Comment

Sano!

Comment

Harness is in, wired up, started checking all the circuits and troubleshooting what's not working...
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by 904Bronco View Post

Future bed lighting controlled by the headlight switch, if desired.
              awesome idea! I intend to integrate under dash and bed lighting into my build too.

Comment

Look at all that space between the T-case and frame! Stock is amazing
                Build thread

Comment

Looks great Doug!
                  I like how your thought process goes when building the harness.
                  I used the pink wire for the 12v supply for the volt meter. But I like the simplicity of taking the 12v power from the input of the voltage reducer.
                  The rear harness looks great! Hell... it all looks great.
                  {o===o}
                  Originally posted by TBS-POPS
                  EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....
                  Originally posted by CityHick
                  I don't give probabilities in percentage format anymore

Comment

Well it was done before Christmas, it goes back next week when we get a dry day. And Mater comes home for more reassembly.

Cage Dave really does nice work...

I have a a 74 coming in January for a rewire, not sure what harness yet. Owner is thinking about it...
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by 904Bronco; 12-27-2020, 07:04 AM.

Comment

Looks great Doug! I can't wait to see Mater too.

Comment

Started another rewire on a 74 with a 76 motor for Tom G. Standard original harness with wire nuts and a few circuit cheaters. Centech Harness, which the Owner found the last one on the West Coast! He did a lot of looking and calling for it...
                        It has a Hickey Side winder winch, Amp steps, Halo LED lights, and a trailer hitch. It is certainly interesting to come behinds others who have done some wiring before. This one will be a challenge, there is not a lot of free space on the battery fender to put things...

Did I say I realy dislike the way Centech does the wiper switch? So I harvested the old plug and I picked up new terminal ends that work in the plug.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by 904Bronco; 02-09-2021, 07:15 AM.

Comment

Sure it will be better than new when you’re finished with it Doug.

Comment

I put it off for as long as I could, So yesterday I started the project of replacing the wiper wires. I hoped for the best, but expected the worst, and was not disappointed! After slowly working the old wire harness out, with the outer jacket of tape falling off, I lost my pull wire on the harness near the end. But got the old harness out.

So after trying to fish a pull wire through the channel for about an hour, I gave up. Loosened the Rampage soft top, unbolted the front bracket, and dropped the windshield. I made up the new harness and fished it through. I killed most of the day doing one thing

Today I hope to get the instrument cluster back in, then the new plastic glove box... And hopefully, finish any loose ends Saturday so it can go home.

Halo rings blink now when the turn signal is activated, and they are daytime running lights too, as requested by the Owner.

Ever have conflicting directions? Centech says reuse the old Dura spark harness wires, well there wasn't much left. So ordered the harness from AAW from Summit ($103.00). Even after reviewing a recent Classic Bronco thread and Talking with Paul (aka: Dirtdonk) it still didn't fire off the 1st time with the Centech directions. Switched it back to the AAW and it fired right off.
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by 904Bronco; 02-14-2021, 07:18 AM.

Comment

I am done.
                              Wish I had fancy pictures to post, but everything is hidden or covered up by stuff in the dash/engine compartment.
                              Couldn't get the horn to work. Horn itself works, harness is good, but something in the Ididit column is not correct.
                              No ground signal coming from the aftermarket steering wheel horn button.
                              I don't know how people can post on FB that they can rewire a rig in a weekend, I can only imagine what their work looks like.
                              To do things right, it takes time. Hopefully, Tom's rig will leave this week and I can get Mater back in the shop.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X