No announcement yet.

1952 Chrysler Crawler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wait until you buy painting supplies, just as jaw dropping as steel must have been... Hope you get some time to work on your rig this summer!
    2002 F250 Superduty, 7.3 241,500 miles and counting
    1979 Bronco, 351M,NP435,4:11's on 33's
    2016 Race Red Shelby GT350

Comment

So, I decided to sell the 6L90 I had and I picked up a Turbo 400 which I will build to handle the power the supercharged engine will be putting out. Some of the components I’m going with will be a hardened input shaft and forward drum, hardened output shaft, billet reverse full manual valve body and an ATI aftermarket bolt on bellhousing with a custom 10” torque converter. I also picked up a TH400 to Atlas adapter from Busted Knuckle that locates the transmission bushings above the case. House projects have kinda postponed the build a bit. I’m moving garden boxes and shed to the other side of my backyard to make room for RV access. Here’s the new fence I built to extend my backyard
      Attached Files
      SOLD: 1975 Ford Bronco: 105" wheelbase, King 14" c/o shocks, King 2" air bumps w/ Duff arms, 4 link rear w/ coils. Fuel injected 408W, ZF 5 speed/Atlas II(4.3) and Dana 60/70 axles with 5.13 gears and ARB's, 41.5/13.5R17 Pitbull Rockers on 17" Raceline Monsters.

Comment

I've been watching off road recovery videos on youtube and they reminded me about your project. Glad you've still got it, and I am certainly too aware of how house projects preempt the fun stuff. Your fence looks good. I am a huge fan of steel framed gates and steel posts to support gates. I built my side yard access gate twenty years ago and to this day it does not sag, even if I stand on it. I'll never build another wood framed gate!
        1970 Bronco
        My build thread

Comment

Originally posted by CityHick View Post
          Your fence looks good. I am a huge fan of steel framed gates and steel posts to support gates. I built my side yard access gate twenty years ago and to this day it does not sag, even if I stand on it. I'll never build another wood framed gate!
          Thanks. In previous years I had definitely had more than my fill of repairing and re-repairing wood-framed fences where the nails and screws have backed out over and over again from weather, swelling, shrinking and rotting. I decided to build this fence so there were no nails or screw going into the wood. So far, so good. Next step is doing a gate and rv access driveway so I have room to park a trailer. It’s definitely a process.
          SOLD: 1975 Ford Bronco: 105" wheelbase, King 14" c/o shocks, King 2" air bumps w/ Duff arms, 4 link rear w/ coils. Fuel injected 408W, ZF 5 speed/Atlas II(4.3) and Dana 60/70 axles with 5.13 gears and ARB's, 41.5/13.5R17 Pitbull Rockers on 17" Raceline Monsters.

Comment

In case you’ve wondered what 2.5” thick 7075-T6 aluminum link bars look like…. They’re about as fat as a Brākleen can. Busted Knuckle had a great sale last week so I ordered front lower links. My uppers front and rear will be 2”x.250” wall DOM. Also waiting on knuckles with bolt on high steer arms and ball joint eliminators. The new 40 spline ARB’s for both axles came in a couple weeks ago courtesy of Sexton Off-road. I’ve also been collecting a lot of aftermarket parts to build my TH400 to easily handle 1000+ HP. Should be starting that build soon here.
            Attached Files

Comment

Nice, I look forward to the finished product!
              2002 F250 Superduty, 7.3 241,500 miles and counting
              1979 Bronco, 351M,NP435,4:11's on 33's
              2016 Race Red Shelby GT350

Comment

Originally posted by Efibroncoman View Post
                House projects have kinda postponed the build a bit. I’m moving garden boxes and shed to the other side of my backyard to make room for RV access. Here’s the new fence I built to extend my backyard
                I think I love house projects more than garage projects some days! Looks great.

Comment

I’ve been collecting strong parts for quite sometime. I’ve also been doing a lot of research because I’ve never built an automatic transmission and wanted to learn. I decided to go with a TH400 to go behind my supercharged LS engine. I knew I would have to upgrade some stock parts. But 60 years of countless transmission gurus and info on what works and what doesn’t was a big help. I started with a 72 transmission case that has all 8 bolts for the pump. Cut off the original bell housing in favor of an SFI bolt on bell housing. I replaced all 3 shafts with aftermarket 300M shafts, sourced a direct drum w/34 element sprag from a 4L80 and also got a billet RMVB that still allows engine braking between 1-2. From the info I’ve found, this transmission should handle up to 1200HP as long as it stays under 6,600rpms. I still need to get a good converter but this will now bolt up to my Atlas transfer case.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Ever since I first saw RCV axle shafts, I’ve wanted a set. Of course Dana 60 shafts run twice what Dana 44 kits cost. So I figured, if I’m going strong why not go with something I’ll never be able to break. These are the Big Bell RCV’s that they run on rock bouncers. I didn’t go 300M because 40 spline chromoly should be plenty for what I do. I think this axle will be good for many years. 40 spline ARB, 5.38 gears, 1410 yoke, new Timken unit bearings, upper ball joint eliminators and BKOR bolt on high steer arms. I also got the rear axle set up too. Late 90’s corporate 14 bolt. Lengthened tubes and unit bearing cups welded on so I can run the same Timken Super Duty unit bearings as the front. 40 spline ARB and 5.38 gears in this one too with 1410 yoke. Still need to order custom length shafts. The axle is 68” wms to wms. I built the tubular trusses on both axles. I still need to add a hoop on the front so I can attach a double ended steering ram.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                    X