Taking the day off to torture myself

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taking the day off to torture myself

Trying to erase decades of fun in the rocks.
    Attached Files
    “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

It's always more work than we think isn't it... Click image for larger version

Name:	20191025_121810.jpg
Views:	321
Size:	291.1 KB
ID:	313931
    “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

I need to stop digging! Keep finding shit I don't want to fix. I think I'll shove a note in there to my kids apologizing for the lack of quality and bondo it over. 'll
      Attached Files

Comment

I am sure it sucks, but someone, somewhere has more rust than that to deal with... You will be a highly paid Expert when you are done!
        2002 F250 Superduty, 7.3 241,500 miles and counting
        1979 Bronco, 351M,NP435,4:11's on 33's
        2016 Race Red Shelby GT350

Comment

Making progress. Quarter is installed and fit with flare. Fender installed, seam sealed, and fit with flare. Found 1/2" thick bondo on the front grill. New grill and hood coming from Wild Horses. 25 years of fun and neglect!

Comment

Looking good, Carl.
            I think you should have left it "uncut" though. (ok, not really).
            1970 Bronco
            My build thread

Comment

Tony, "uncut is worth more! What did you do?" Lol. Uncut and 40" tires...I should've done it.

Comment

Someone had to say it. lol.
                Having spent more time tinkering with mine lately I really have the bug to build again. A buddy of mine is likely going to sell his within the next year; he wants more for it than I want to pay, and it is worth more. Though I can't say I'm not tempted. He did point out to me though... you can only drive one of them at a time...

1970 Bronco
                My build thread

Comment

Looks good. I need to get new quarters too for putting the wheel opening further back. Where did you get those?

Comment

Originally posted by Delta 4 Wheel View Post
                    Tony, "uncut is worth more! What did you do?" Lol. Uncut and 40" tires...I should've done it.
                    They would have self clearance. LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by crawlin68 View Post

They would have self clearance. LOL.
                      One big jump and that would be all that's needed!

Phantom, they are Wild Horses quarters with weld through primer.

Comment

Well, I ended up getting a new scratch and dent grill from wild horses for a good deal. Fit is great except for passenger grill to hood gap and less so, drivers grill to hood gap. I'll need to cut and widen the grill to close the gaps between it and the hood. Pretty happy with how the hood and fenders fit. Some hammering with a block of wood, twisting, and pulling was needed to get the gaps correct. Not a bad with no body work yet. To get away with not having to shim the hood, I used a come a long to pull the entire front clip to the right about 3/8." I noticed the rig had a front end hit on its past and that was creating all kinds of fitment issues. Anyhow, getting closer to paint! I still have the passenger quarter to finish. I think I'll be taking it to the snow on 1/1/20 to Uncle Toms Cabin with a couple buddies. If anyone wants to join up just let me know.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Looks good to me Carl! I am sure it is happy to get some love...
                          2002 F250 Superduty, 7.3 241,500 miles and counting
                          1979 Bronco, 351M,NP435,4:11's on 33's
                          2016 Race Red Shelby GT350

Comment

Lots of work there! Starting to look pretty good, Carl.
                            I am very happy with the hood that I bought from WH - I did only minor block sanding before paint and install. Shimmed the hinges and it's good enough for me; I could probably do some adjusting/persuading to get it perfect, but my rig's never been perfect...
                            1970 Bronco
                            My build thread

Comment

Nice progress Carl. It's looking good!

Comment

Working...
                              X