Project '75

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Project '75

I'm new to the site and to owning a Bronco also. I have a '75 that the owner before me has started working on.

It has a 2 1/2 inch lift running on 33s
    5.0 engine out of a '88 crown vic
    C4 trans

It is in decent shape but like everyone else I have to do my own thing to it. This project will take me awhile as I don't have a lot of time or money.

I also have a '66 Mustang that I am turning into my own restomod so I have to split my time and money between the two.

I've always wanted a Early Bronco though and I was finally able to get one.

[IMG][/IMG]

Nice rig to start with. So what are your plans for it?

Comment

I'm not really sure what my plans for it are right now. I know that I don't want to go to extreme with it as I still want to be able to use it as a backup daily driver if I have to.

Any suggestions?

Comment

Originally posted by dstang
        I'm not really sure what my plans for it are right now. I know that I don't want to go to extreme with it as I still want to be able to use it as a backup daily driver if I have to.
        Any suggestions?
        Once you start modding, its a slippery slope and pretty soon you've got a garage full of parts and a rig with a bunch of empty spaces where they used to be. It looks to me like your rig is decently set up for your desired use right now. I tried to stay true to my initial plan of lifting my rig and running it with stock running gear, but just check my build thread... its way too easy to say "man, now that THIS piece is off, it makes it a lot easier to to THAT mod".

I'm not complaining but it doesn't sound like you're ready for anything that crazy at this point. I'd just put some time into making sure your rig is reliable, then put some miles on it as-is to see what you actually want/need to change for your purposes.

Just my $.02
        1970 Bronco
        My build thread

Comment

.....Once you start modding, its a slippery slope and pretty soon you've got a garage full of parts and a rig with a bunch of empty spaces where they used to be.....its way too easy to say "man, now that THIS piece is off, it makes it a lot easier to to THAT mod".....
          That's so true it's scary. Dstang, I second what Tony's saying. I'm 2 1/2 years into a rig that I've never driven. I bought it with the engine and trans pulled and set in the back. Sometimes I wonder what it would be like today if I'd bought one that ran. My build started as a NP 435, 3.5" lift, 4.56's and 35's.

If you think you want to make a modification, my adivise would be to go one step beyond what you think you'll need. I.E. if you think you want 4.56's, get 4.88's, if you want enough lift for 35's, get enough for 37's. This way as your needs change, you won't be restriced.

I think no matter how many build threads a person reads, or how many pictures you look at, it's just not possible to appreciate how overwhelming a frame up resto really is. It starts to develop it's own momentum, and modifications seem to multiply. It's all good in the end, but it can be overwhelming sometimes. I can't wait to actually drive mine.......some day.
          Originally posted by 71BRONCO71 at Buck Island 6/25/11
          I can do that so much better myself..........1, 2, 3 GOODNIGHT!!!

Comment

Thanks for the advice I'll keep that in mind. I think once I see how it does in the condition that it is in then I'll decide what to do.

Comment

Yeah, what they said. My build is going over 3 years now. Never have the $ and time at the same time. If you have the moolah and the time you are set. Good luck!
              Vacaville, Ca
              67 EB - D44, BB 9" (4:56's), front discs, Wristed arm, 5.5" + 2" BL, 37" MTR's on Hellcats, 302/NP435/D20, Bilsteins, Mastercraft Rubicons w/4pt's

Comment

Right now the money I had went into buying it so I'm down on funds, and I have the time but it is down in the San Diego area right now and I'm up in Alameda so I can't work on it until I'm either down there or decide to bring it up here.

Comment

Working...
                X