True Blue 71

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• True Blue 71

Well here she is guys bought from craigslist about 3 months ago. Brought her home on a friday after work and had the the motor,trans,t-case, and top off by sat afternoon. The motor was still warm when it was yanked!

A little Ford history about myself and the Bronco. Started building a 66 Mustang when I was 14 and had it drivable by time I was 16 and a half(1996). Lots of small pay checks and time went in to her. What made it all worth it was seeing the look on my buddy's faces when I raced my friends 96 Z28 and smoked him after hearing his s**t talking for so long. When I was about 17 I saw a sweet 66 Bronco with all the goodies, for $4500 I tried to trade the mustang for it but it was a no go. Since then I have always wanted a early Bronco and have seen numerous awsome deals and rigs past me buy. Flash foward to 2007 and after getting a "to slow ticket" by the CHP at the CA4WD Winter Fun Fest in my very capable Samurai I decide It's time to get a real wheeler and something with a healthy V8. I found this Bronco while i was in the process of selling the sammy and hoped it would not sell before i had the cash. Well I sold the sammy on Thursday and picked up the Bronco on Friday. My Dad and I picked it up after work from a owner who was very attached to his Bronco. This thing had been his for twelve years and before that his buddy from high school had it during school. Lets just say there was plenty of stories to tell. Close to 3 hours later we were bringing her home.

PROJECT PLANS
    1971 Bronco U-15
    5.5 WH lift
    Cage Radius Arms
    2"BL
    Dana 44 F 4.56 ARB
    Dana 60 R 4.56 Detroit
    5.8 EFI
    ZF 5 and Atlas

Heres some pics of True Blue. Special thanks to all my friends that have helped out from pulling the hard top, engine & trans(new & old) frame and so on. Lots of Silver Bullets were comsumed in these pictures. Updates will follow!!!
    Attached Files
    71'Bronco 5.8efi, ZF5, Atlas 5:1, ARB 44,CTM,s & Warns, Stage 8, 9" 4.88 detroit, disc, 31 spline Dutchmans, 1350 yoke, Duff arms WH coils, Deaver rear "Full ground up in the works"

05 Dodge CTD 4x4 6spd
    "everyone elses tow rig for the time being"

Sorry fo the HUGE!! pictures I will get better at this. Right now the frame came back from the DIP and has recieved a nice coat of industrial chassis black. Stay tuned more is to come!
    71'Bronco 5.8efi, ZF5, Atlas 5:1, ARB 44,CTM,s & Warns, Stage 8, 9" 4.88 detroit, disc, 31 spline Dutchmans, 1350 yoke, Duff arms WH coils, Deaver rear "Full ground up in the works"

05 Dodge CTD 4x4 6spd

Comment

Nice, mine is a 71 also. See ya on the trails. RD

Comment

You are off to a good start... That's good progress for 3 months. I'm finally almost ready for paint on my 70 after almost a year's worth of work, and reassembly should begin in the next few months.
        1970 Bronco
        My build thread

Comment

Thanks for the feed back guys will be posting some new pics shortly. The frame is all painted as well as some misc. parts, everything looks sweet!!
          Just sold the my 96 crewcab F350 so there are some major Bronco Funds

05 Dodge CTD 4x4 6spd

Comment

WOOO-HOOO, Nuthi'n better than a nice stache of Bronco Funds!!!!!

Pops
            72 sport/exp.,TBI 302,NP435,4.56 Powrlok/ARB in Full Width's.5.5" CAGE lift w/arms,2'' bl,37's, rescued from the concrete jungle (L.A.) NEVER DONE!!! Sold to buy a Boat, Now Broncoless.....Now it's fast water,smooth women and cold beer!! toad jeep owner now,,,,,, sorry

ALL MY DRINKING BUDDIES HAVE A SEVERE BRONCO PROBLEM !!!

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71
            BULLSHIT! I love your meat in my mouth
            RIP MARK BECK RIP MY FRIEND! RIP GIZMO,My little Buddy.

Comment

great start. You will be glad you are starting from t he frame up..

Awaiting updates....
              “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

There will be updates in about a week guys thanks for all positive input. I got tons of stuff on order. All the suspension, Gears, rear locker, brake rebuild parts, hubs, bushings, dutchman axles for the rear. Got to love Christmas in September. Oh and I will be on the Barrett Lake trail this weekend sitting shotgun in my buddies bad ass 71'.

05 Dodge CTD 4x4 6spd

Comment

Oh, while i'm here anybody know of a good 5.8 Efi cam that's not to wild. Edelbrock says they make one but "only while supplys last" on their site.

05 Dodge CTD 4x4 6spd

Comment

Have you read the "Cam thread"? Crawlin68 and Lars are both really happy with this one. I believe they are less than 351 ci, but I don't know if it would make a difference.

http://www.norcalbroncos.com/forum/s...ead.php?t=1152

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71 at Buck Island 6/25/11
                    I can do that so much better myself..........1, 2, 3 GOODNIGHT!!!

Comment

Axles are built!!

Front is done except outer brake lines and rear is done except brake lines and skid plate. Here is the stats!

Front 71 44 with 77 disc brakes
                      4.88 yukon gears
                      ARB
                      Warn Axles with CTM's
                      Stage 8 Spindle nut system THIS IS A MUST GUYS, ONE OF THOOSE WHY DIDN"T I THINK OF THAT THINGS
                      Warn Hubs
                      Bluetorch diff cover
                      WH trac bar riser
                      Spidertrax 1.25 spacers
                      Yukon 1330 yoke
                      New seals, bearings, spindles, Hub and rotors, calipers

Rear 71 9" with disc brakes
                      4.88 Yukon gears
                      Detroit locker
                      Dutchman 31 spline 1541 axles
                      Yukon 1350 Forged yoke
                      Spidertrax 1.25 spacers(not shown)

Next week the axles get put in with WH 5.5 coils, SD u-bolt kit, ajustable trac bar, Deaver rears, Duff Radius arms
                      here's some pics and the ZF awaiting transplant
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by wcoast4x; 11-14-2007, 05:57 PM. Reason: change

05 Dodge CTD 4x4 6spd

Comment

Sweet progress!
                        “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

Looks good! My front axle is setup very similarly to yours less the spacers. Those may be on the way. As for the rear - that's about what I have planned. Unfortunately I have a small bearing 9" right now with disks... all in good time.
                          1970 Bronco
                          My build thread

Comment

o baby!!!
                            {o===o}
                            Originally posted by TBS-POPS
                            EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....
                            Originally posted by CityHick
                            I don't give probabilities in percentage format anymore

Comment

Very nice! Tell me more about the stage 8 spindle nuts.
                              Are you going to pull those pistols or whistle dixie?

Comment

Working...
                              X