Front fenderflare templates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front fenderflare templates

Anyone have the templates for cutting the front fenders out for flares? I will be doing my rockers soon and wanted to get the fenders cut out first.
    1968, 69 351W,NP 435, Stak 5.22, D44 with 4.10's, chebby discs and a detroit, 9" with 4.11's and a lockright. 35" MTR's, TRO, WH cage, ps, pb, 3.5" susp, 2" body lifts, pile of parts in the garage, empty wallet!

Originally posted by kwspony
    Anyone have the templates for cutting the front fenders out for flares? I will be doing my rockers soon and wanted to get the fenders cut out first.
    I had the same question a while ago.. I ened up just doing it my self without a template.. I can measure what i cut out for ya,I still have the cutouts.. I used the Gorilla Wareflares to put on..
    Aaron
    KK6DAD
    70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

The most time consuming part is the drilling of the holes. Before you start you need to measure out and mark all the screw holes on the flare and space them out nicely so it looks good. Then drill all the holes in the flare. If you are using the warflares just figure out how high you want them and center them. Drill a few holes in the fender at the top and put in a few screws. Stretch them out to where you want them and drill a few more holes and add a few more screws. I then traced the outside of the flare. Removed the flare and I believe I measure in 1/2" and made another line. That was my cut line.

After cutting just put the flare back on there and finish drilling all the holes using the pre-drilled holes in the flare as a template. Remove the flare again and add the welting and add the screws and you are done. Not hard work, but time consuming. Somebody else might have an easier method as I am not always known for taking the easiest path.

Comment

Originally posted by Howdy
        The most time consuming part is the drilling of the holes. Before you start you need to measure out and mark all the screw holes on the flare and space them out nicely so it looks good. Then drill all the holes in the flare. If you are using the warflares just figure out how high you want them and center them. Drill a few holes in the fender at the top and put in a few screws. Stretch them out to where you want them and drill a few more holes and add a few more screws. I then traced the outside of the flare. Removed the flare and I believe I measure in 1/2" and made another line. That was my cut line.

After cutting just put the flare back on there and finish drilling all the holes using the pre-drilled holes in the flare as a template. Remove the flare again and add the welting and add the screws and you are done. Not hard work, but time consuming. Somebody else might have an easier method as I am not always known for taking the easiest path.
        Thats what i did..
        KK6DAD
        70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

Originally posted by Daddy4zack
          Thats what i did..

Yup, that's how I did my warflares too.

Comment

Good to see that I wasn't alone in my thinking for a change

Comment

I don'y have the flares yet. I just want to cut the fender so I know how far to run the rock skis when I put them on.
              1968, 69 351W,NP 435, Stak 5.22, D44 with 4.10's, chebby discs and a detroit, 9" with 4.11's and a lockright. 35" MTR's, TRO, WH cage, ps, pb, 3.5" susp, 2" body lifts, pile of parts in the garage, empty wallet!

Comment

I don'y have the flares yet. I just want to cut the fender so I know how far to run the rock skis when I put them on.

I don't know how far you are from Fresno, but I haven't installed mine permanently yet and you are welcome to borrow them so you can use them as a pattern if you like.

Comment

Thanks for the offer but I am about 4 hrs from you.

Comment

Thanks for the offer but I am about 4 hrs from you.

Oh...darn.

Comment

Hey karl when are you going to do the sliders?

Comment

not sure. I am booked for the next 2 weekends.

Comment

I'm getting ready to do mine as well, Templetes sure would be helpfull. Any luck finding some Karl? Merry Christmas & Happy New Year Jim
                          69 bronco 302 670 holley TA NV4500/Atlas 3.8 29 spl. in 32 out 4.5 bc lift 3" body D44 Locked - 9" Currie/strange with daytona PS and 1350 yoke. Warn full floater Locked 35" MTR's beadlocked 4 wheel disc most parts are still on shelf, But 1 day

Comment

No, I didn't Jim. I do have a full set of flares now and I managed to get one side marked out. Now I just need the motivation to mark the other side and start cutting. I am going to do rock sliders at the same time.

Merry Christmas to you as well.

Karl

Comment

Hey Karl what kinda sliders ya going to make? If ya want to make 'em out of tube I got the bender clear. Could do 2" OR 1.5" . Just give me a pm. Hey Fullsize the offer goes out to you too. Don't know ya but no better way to meet then working on rigs Have a great Christmas all.
                              72EB, one-ton fab project that will never end

Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. Do everything in love.
                              1 Cor 16:13-14

Comment

Working...
                              X