Bent tube for the first time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bent tube for the first time

Heres my front bumper. Sticks out 8.5 total and has my bronco to a 60* approach angle. Even went as far as tying the winch plate to a point farther back on the frame as well. Was tempted to go straight back to engine crossmember.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by JUNK; 08-22-2005, 12:07 PM.

That's a sweet looking bumper! I like the approch angle too. I love the look of the prerunner bumpers but all of the mass produced bumpers stick out way to far. Looks like you solved that problem. Great job! Are you going to make a matching rear?

Comment

Clean. I like it, Eh!

What are you using to bent the tube??
      “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

Crawlin68: went old school tough with the back bumper, 3.5" sch 40 with the reciever hitch notched through and welded both sides in the middle. Got to yank many a fullsize around here out of mud so went ultra beefy. Also wanted some weight back there to force the rear coils to really work when they go in next winter. Receiver hitch is for the shackle mount as well as beer cooler rack for the first little while.

Delta: borrowed a buddies ProTools 105 with 1.75" on 6" CLR die. All manual but damn I love this thing even though its slow and tedious.

Have started on the cage as well.

Comment

Working...
        X