Update Project Tetnus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update Project Tetnus

Gorilla Flares, B.C. 1/4 panel armor, and filling the old gas cap holes.
    I just realized there wasn't any pics of the step doing the 1/4 panels, but it was simple, so if you have any question ask. As for the flares they were just time consuming to get them to be the largest opening but still having the body lines match up. Wildhorses was help in the installation by clearing up their meaning of stretching. You can't strech the fender like you could a rubber band or rubber tube. They you can just take the opening and just make it larger. Now the gas cap filler is self explainitory. The new cap will be of the aircraft/motorcycle type but 3 inches back from the old location rescessed in the B.C. Panel.

Coming soon to the computer in front of you
    Front Gorilla flares if you guys want to see it
    Bob rear panels for ProtoFab bumper
    Crab Cage and tie into frame
    Attached Files
    70 EB, Frame up project, NP 435/203/205, FW hp d44, fw 9", EFI 302, Crab cage, Hanson front and rear

couple more pics
    Attached Files
    70 EB, Frame up project, NP 435/203/205, FW hp d44, fw 9", EFI 302, Crab cage, Hanson front and rear

Comment

Very nice work. I just did the same thing last weekend. Gorilla flares (except I cut my openings bigger than you did) and I still need to fill in the gas filler hole. Post some pics of your new motorcycle cap. I am going this route too. Great job!

Comment

I'm going to use a cap made by Newton Equipment they are out of the UK. They have goof info desribing the part and its demensions along with a few different stlyes of caps. I going to use the Aero 300 model with the locking cap. You can do a search on their name and go to the one that mentions fuel caps in som manor.
        Chris

Comment

Sounds similar to the Aero door that they had a mass buy on a while back on CB.

Here is a link to that door and install.

http://classicbroncos.com/fueldoor.shtml

Comment

Well I finally have all the rear bumper components inbound from Hanson. The tire carrier and utility rack are enroute. I also have finally gotting there fire under my AZZ going again, after seeing Crawlin's Rig. Thanks Crawlin!!!! Crawlin was it a pain in the azz getting a cage from Crab? I ordered one 3-4 months ago an I never heard anything until I called. So maybe I'll have one soon.

If any one sees a ford 93-98 Explorer V8 some place let me know.

I'll post some pics when I get everything in and mounted
            Chris

Comment

No problem Chris! The only problem that I had in getting my cage was my money order got lost in the mail. (or he accidentally threw it way not realizing what it was) Anyway, what a big pain in the azz that was to deal with the Post Office to try and trace it. After about 2 months, they finally refunded my money and I sent Crab a PayPal payment. He was nice enough to hold my cage for me through this whole process. Once he had the payment it was very smooth. I love the cage!

Comment

Working...
              X