EB Buggy time again!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EB Buggy time again!

Well thanks to Jim (slvregl) the buggy is out of storage and in the new shop. I will be starting to wrap things up in the next few months and may have it running before summer is over. If not then it will be ready for snow runs this winter. Durring our move to the new house it and all my tools had to get put in storage but now that the new roof and dormers are done on the house it is time to start playing abit.

First off,
    It is at full bump right now.
    It will be getting a stock hood (no scoop)
    I am pulling the 351W out and droping in a stock 302 (351W goes in the new 71 street EB)
    The front driveshaft mount is temp.
    The grill will be cut for the fair lead.

The next big thing to be done is the full hydro steering. Then floor, fire wall, dash, brakes, fuel lines and wiring. I also need to buy a nitro set up for setting the shocks (unless someone has one I can use )
    Then it will be time to tear it all down weld it up, re-assembly and trial run. Then tear down again fix any problems and powder coat/ paint.
    Attached Files
    71 EB 56K original miles stock for now!

73 EB/rock buggy 351W EFI, Art Car C-4 manual VB w/ comp braking, 37 MTR's, 4-Link F&R, Fox Air 16", Full Hydro and now it runs!

51 F1 PU with MII front end, T-Bird IRS

70 C10 SWB, 92 LT1 vett motor, 700R4, power everything, great driving street rig.

Looks good, and I sure wish I had a shop like that. I miss having space for all my stuff, my bronco, and room to work on stuff without having to move the bronco out into the driveway. Good luck on the rest of the build, and keep us posted. We love living vicariously through others.
    Marc D.
    If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

BeforeI can really get going on this project I need to finish re-wiring the property which is currently (3) building's ran off (1) 60amp knob and tube panel. I am about 25% done with the up grade to 400amps and (3) panels all to the 2005 Elect code. Then I need to clean and orginize the shop. Right now their is the buggy, a 71 chevy burried under the platform filled with the contence of the storage unit and on the far side the 71 EB I just picked up.

Kevin
      Attached Files

73 EB/rock buggy 351W EFI, Art Car C-4 manual VB w/ comp braking, 37 MTR's, 4-Link F&R, Fox Air 16", Full Hydro and now it runs!

70 C10 SWB, 92 LT1 vett motor, 700R4, power everything, great driving street rig.

Comment

Well I ordered all my full hydro steering parts last week so I should have them any day now. Also I went out and robbed some of my parts off the old body like steering wheel, PB, dash, pedals and the hood from two broncos ago. Once the parts get here and this heat drops just a bit I will start getting it ready to run.

Kevin
        Attached Files

Comment

looking sweet. Is that shop on your property??
          “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

Originally posted by Delta 4 Wheel
            looking sweet. Is that shop on your property??
            That shop is why I bought the property! It is 25x45 w/8" concrete walls and an in ground pit. It was the carrage house back in the early 30's. Their is also a 12x20 two story granny unit on the opisite corner of the lot (10K lot). Both buildings make up the rear property lines (zero set back). Their is an alley behind the buildings and teh shop has a 10' door entering the alley right inline with the door to the right in the pic's. Then their is a 16' wide space between the two buildings with access. The house is a 1930 bungalow about 1700' with a basement and attic space soon to be a home theator.

Kevin
            Winters. ca.

Comment

So here is what came yesterday for the brown van

I ordered everything from PSC MotorSprots. Opened the box and found they shipped the ram with the wrong mounts and their were no instructions at all! They should have been the type to mount to a 1 3/4" tube not the flat ones they sent. I called them and Tom is shipping them right out along with a fitting to use a #6 fitting on the pump all free of charge (the tube mounts are a few $ more) for the mistake. All I have to do is ship back teh flat mount. Then when I went to mount the pump to my 5.0L bracket (a special mount I ordered) it would not fit at all. I sent an E-mail pic of my bracket, my old pump, new pump and new adapter bracket. I then called Tom and he said that everything is correct. He said I must be trying to put it in the wrong way. I went out to the shop while he was on the phone and I told hig it still will not fit. Then the light went on for Tom and he mentioned that I would need to chop the new adapter bracket I just bought and I may need to grind a bit on the 5.0L bracket. Pic's will follow of the mods.

Kevin
              Attached Files

Comment

Here is the steering wheel adapter plate I made last night. This took about 30 min.

Kevin
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Rokcrln; 07-15-2005, 04:46 PM.

Comment

This is what I did for the base mount of teh orbital valve.
                  1) layout plate
                  2) Punch plate
                  3) Trim to shape
                  4) Bend plate
                  5) weld in

Kevin
                  Attached Files

Comment

Then came the power steering res. mount

1) First I took a piece of tag board and made a templet.
                    2) Then I rough cut it out with my Plasma.
                    3) Then I shapped it and punched the holes and bent one end.
                    4) then I welded it in and mounted the PS. Res.

Kevin
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Rokcrln; 07-15-2005, 11:54 PM.

Comment

Now for the fun part that should have been a bolt on!

1) I had to cut the new bracket.
                      2) Start marking and grinding on the stock bracket.
                      3) double check teh fit and keep grinding.
                      4) more fitting and more grinding.
                      5) Then this is the little bit of grinding it took to get it all mounted

All in all it took about 1 1/2 hours to make this mod. I would have not minded doing this if I was told about it when I ordered a special bracket so I could BOLT the pump to my stock 5.0L bracket.
                      I am going to send these pic's to PSC and sugest they put instructions in with their bracket's. It would save the customer from feeling they are getting jerked around and even more it will save them time from having to answer these questions.

Kevin
                      Kevin
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Rokcrln; 07-15-2005, 12:28 PM.

Comment

last bit of work for today. The steering column is mounted and done and so is the power steering pump and remote res. What do ya think. Not bad for the first time using my tools in almost 6 months. With the move and then the new roof on teh house I have not had funds or time for to much playing. It sure felt good to get out their and bend some metal. Also being 103* in my shop made the metal bend a little easier

Kevin
                        Attached Files

Comment

I started on the brakes and pedals and fire wall today. I found out my brake booster and master will just not fit on the drivers side so we will let the passenger take care of stopping! What I had to do is mount it on the passenger side and I will need to run a bell crank over from the drivers side to complete things. It just fits this way and adds a custom touch to things. I know most people are running manual brakes on their buggys but this one is built for coffort. The gas peddle will be another small chalange due to it being right nect to the carb. I will need to run it back tward the rear abit then forward to the carb. I want to figure out a way that I can pull a pin on the two pedals so it will fit both me and my GF (6' and 5'4"). The pedals in their now are just rigged for mock up and I will be building a new set up that looks and works better then these.

Kevin
                          Attached Files

Comment

Rig is looking great. Glad to see you were able to get out there even in 103* temps. Been hot up here too.
                            Understand you are not going to use manuel brakes, so are you going to use vacuum or hydro assist ?
                            Did you decide to use the 302 or are you leaving the 351 in the buggy?
                            Stay cool, FM
                            72EB, one-ton fab project that will never end

Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. Do everything in love.
                            1 Cor 16:13-14

Comment

Chuck ~ How are things going! Did you ever find dor latches (I posted that I have a set for ya)? I am running vac-boost ( look two pics up ). For now I think I will leave the 351 in the buggy. I dont feel like tearing the 71 apart to swap motors. With my luck it would never get back together and right now it is a great driver! I shold be home most of the day if you want to try again for that info.

Kevin

Comment

Working...
                              X