Project Crawlin68

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Project Crawlin68

My angle bracket is a Duff bracket. No, I didn't have to modify the Lincoln push rod at all. It was the right length to work with the angle bracket.

Comment

Sweet! Thanks!
      Fungus
      sigpicRoad trips on an island get boring after the 1st lap...

Comment

So Patrick,
        Comparing our two setups it looks like you rotated the MC on the Hydro unit 180 deg? Also are you running a prop valve in addition to the Wilwood valve for your rear brakes or running the Wilwood with the stock manual distribution block?

Thanks again!
        Fungus
        sigpicRoad trips on an island get boring after the 1st lap...

Comment

You sell your 203/205 combo?.........................
          Mark Harris
          71 Bronco, 9 inch, 60, c4, Stak 3 speed, and 42 inch balloons.

Comment

Originally posted by welndmn View Post
            ...to Aaron
            68 Slightly modified
            67 LUBR once again
            61 Willy Wagon

Comment

Originally posted by Fungus232 View Post
              So Patrick,
              Comparing our two setups it looks like you rotated the MC on the Hydro unit 180 deg? Also are you running a prop valve in addition to the Wilwood valve for your rear brakes or running the Wilwood with the stock manual distribution block?

Thanks again!
              Fungus
              I am running the stock distribution block and then the Wilwood adjustable valve in line going to the rear. Yes, my hydroboost is rotated 180 degrees.

Comment

Yup, to Aaron.

Comment

Originally posted by crawlin68 View Post
                  Yup, to Aaron.
                  Damn!
                  Mark Harris
                  71 Bronco, 9 inch, 60, c4, Stak 3 speed, and 42 inch balloons.

Comment

Damn!
                    2000 it could be yours.. everything you need..
                    KK6DAD
                    70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

Patrick nice work just caught this Newbie here from Great Lakes 4x4
                      Keep up the good work, We are just thawing out for the season, ready to start the FW swap.
                      Last edited by Broncoholic1; 03-29-2009, 06:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Daddy4zack View Post
                        2000 it could be yours.. everything you need..
                        Joke right?
                        1970 w/89 5.0, np 435/203/205, 456/locker/ARB, 4 wheel disc brakes w/hydroboost, 5.5" lift w/ext.radius arms, 3" bod lift, RS 9000's, tilt column, Hydro assist steering, 39.5" pitbull's on H1's. 4 link rear suspension. Hey brother, can you spare some change, I need parts....

Comment

Originally posted by Broncoholic1 View Post
                          Patrick nice work just caught this Newbie here from Great Lakes 4x4
                          Keep up the good work, We are just thawing out for the season, ready to start the FW swap.
                          Thanks man! Where are you located? Welcome to the site.

Comment

Here are a couple of pictures of my Frankenstein NV4500. You know me, I can't just buy something and bolt it on my rig. I have to tear tear it apart and modify/change it somehow.

I started with an early (93/94) Chebby NV4500 for low 6.53 first gear. Then I swapped out the Chebby main shaft for a Dodge main shaft because the Dodge 29 spline shaft measures 1.5 inches in diameter and the Chebby 32 spline shaft measures 1 3/8 in diameter. You would think the 32 spline shaft would be bigger than the 29 spline shaft, but it's not. So I opted for the beefer Dodge 29 spline shaft. I also installed the tail shaft housing from a one ton Dodge 4x4. This housing was only made one year and has extra webbing and beef for more support.

The tranny is fully rebuilt with all new bearings, syncros and has the 5th gear fixed. I can't wait to get it in.
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by crawlin68; 03-29-2009, 08:16 PM.

Comment

Hey Patrick,
                              Just a heads-up (that you are probably already aware of). The NV4500 "hybrid" clutch that is needed to make the Dodge NV4500 swap work requires a little bit of machining to the flywheel, otherwise the clutch will fail, quickly. A friend has the Dodge NV4500 in his rig, and when it was installed (before he bought the truck) this step was skipped. With only a few thousand miles on the clutch it was toast.

There should be a note in the clutch kit describing exactly what it needed... and it is a very important step!
                              1970 Bronco
                              My build thread

Comment

Originally posted by CityHick View Post
                                Hey Patrick,
                                Just a heads-up (that you are probably already aware of). The NV4500 "hybrid" clutch that is needed to make the Dodge NV4500 swap work requires a little bit of machining to the flywheel, otherwise the clutch will fail, quickly. A friend has the Dodge NV4500 in his rig, and when it was installed (before he bought the truck) this step was skipped. With only a few thousand miles on the clutch it was toast.

There should be a note in the clutch kit describing exactly what it needed... and it is a very important step!
                                You are correct. I've got my flywheel loaded in my truck so I can drop it off at the machine shop tomorrow. The mod to flywheel is really minor, but it is necessary for sure. I'll post some pics of it when I get it back.

Comment

Working...
                                X