No announcement yet.

Project Crawlin68

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OMG!! That Is Beautiful!!!! Nice work Patrick...

Aaron
    KK6DAD
    70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

• Holy CRAP BATMAN!!!!!
      '88 347 roller, Exploder EFI, WH Shorties, NP435, twin stick D-20 with Tera lows, 44 4:56's w/ARB chromos and CTMs, 9" Detroit, cust dash, wiring and STILL ALMOST "DONE"!...

Comment

• Thanks you guys. It's getting there, but still a lot of work to do.

Comment

• Originally posted by 69crawler View Post
          I thought that was from High Angle. Been considering that driveline brake over a linelock since I already have his driveline and flange. How well does it work and are you happy with it? That axle looks bad ass by the way.

I like it. It seems to work real nice and holds good.

Originally posted by TN1776 View Post
          That is a beast of an axle! I like it!
          So how soon until your Bronco is rolling around on that axle?
          It will be a while still. After the axle is all built and done, then I have to design and build my 4-link set.

Comment

• Looks like sheiat!! It'l never wheel!!! Better get rid of it now!! how much ya want for it!!! Better yet, I WONT charge ya to haul it off for ya. Just because were buds and all.... Bitchen stuff Patrick!!! AWESOME!!!! G-POPS
            72 sport/exp.,TBI 302,NP435,4.56 Powrlok/ARB in Full Width's.5.5" CAGE lift w/arms,2'' bl,37's, rescued from the concrete jungle (L.A.) NEVER DONE!!! Sold to buy a Boat, Now Broncoless.....Now it's fast water,smooth women and cold beer!! toad jeep owner now,,,,,, sorry

ALL MY DRINKING BUDDIES HAVE A SEVERE BRONCO PROBLEM !!!

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71
            BULLSHIT! I love your meat in my mouth
            RIP MARK BECK RIP MY FRIEND! RIP GIZMO,My little Buddy.

Comment

• That right there is COOL!! Once you finish this, you'd better just buy another Bronco and leave this one alone.

Maybe you should try a stock resto next?
              Last edited by 720Racer; 01-06-2008, 09:10 PM.
              Originally posted by 71BRONCO71 at Buck Island 6/25/11
              I can do that so much better myself..........1, 2, 3 GOODNIGHT!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by crawlin68 View Post
                Well thanks to Galen, my curiosity got the best of me today. So I bolted everything together to see she looks like. I've got 17 1/2 inches of ground clearance under the diff.
                Must be nice to drive over a 5 gallon bucket and not hit it
                Mark Harris
                71 Bronco, 9 inch, 60, c4, Stak 3 speed, and 42 inch balloons.

Comment

• LIMBO!!!!!!!!!!
                  That thing is too cool.
                  What about road manners? and speeds?
                  {o===o}
                  Originally posted by TBS-POPS
                  EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....
                  Originally posted by CityHick
                  I don't give probabilities in percentage format anymore

Comment

• I got my axle shafts back from being resplined and they came out great. I used 2 long side rear mog axle shafts and had them shortened and resplined to 35 spline. The shafts had to be turned down to 1.5 diameter and then splined.
                    Attached Files

Comment

I got my axle shafts back from being resplined and they came out great. I used 2 long side rear mog axle shafts and had them shortened and resplined to 35 spline. The shafts had to be turned down to 1.5 diameter and then splined.
                      those are huge...and look great. Who did the respline? Moser? Cant wait to see you snap those, uh I mean run those on the trail.
                      “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

• I made some progress over the past few days on the rear axle. I fabbed up some brackets to mount my disc brake calipers. No body makes this disc conversion for the mog axle, so I had to come up with my own brackets. It took a lot of trial and error. I made one and it didn't fit right, so I trashed that one and made another. It did work either, so I made another. (you see where this is going) Made a third one, tweak it here, tweak it there, grind it here and weld it there. Wasted a lot steel, gas, grinding wheels and time, but finally came up with something that I think is going to work.

The biggest challenge was trying to squeeze the caliper in tight enough so the brake pads made contact with the rotor and still fit inside my H1 rims.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by crawlin68; 01-23-2008, 08:08 PM.

Comment

• World class Pat. VERY NICE.
                          “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

• Looks like a whale and a guppy.
                            67 Bronco blue - LS 6.0, 6l90, & atlas (working on it)
                            69 Bronco red - F/I 302,c-4,36" TSL S/X( sitting next to a barn)
                            69 Bronco Yellow - TBI 350,th350, 203/205, Dana 60, 14 bolt, 4-link rear, 3 link front,full hydro, body narrowed 8", 39.9 Iroks on Walker Evans
                            79 CJ 5 360 v8 t18 33's locked & sprung over (sitting in a barn since 2000)
                            67 Camaro Lq4,built 200r4,Hotchkis suspension(work in progre$$)

Comment

• Looking gooooood! I'm becoming all too familiar with the trial and error, weld, grind, cut, weld, grind routine myself...

Keep it up. That is going to be one killer axle setup.
                              1970 Bronco
                              My build thread

Comment

I got my axle shafts back from being resplined and they came out great. I used 2 long side rear mog axle shafts and had them shortened and resplined to 35 spline. The shafts had to be turned down to 1.5 diameter and then splined.
                                Those turned out great, he sure does nice work. What it cost for him to ship them back to you?
                                Looks like you almost needed to go with a 17" or larger rim to fit those brakes! Is that gonna be a problem if you ever run into some more of that Yelton mud?
                                Last edited by blwngsket; 01-23-2008, 11:09 PM.
                                1970 w/89 5.0, np 435/203/205, 456/locker/ARB, 4 wheel disc brakes w/hydroboost, 5.5" lift w/ext.radius arms, 3" bod lift, RS 9000's, tilt column, Hydro assist steering, 39.5" pitbull's on H1's. 4 link rear suspension. Hey brother, can you spare some change, I need parts....

Comment

Working...
                                X