No announcement yet.

Project Crawlin68

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weld looks good, one thing I had a hard time gettin a hang of and thats TIG. Still dont bother trying any more.

Comment

• Originally posted by PhantomEB
      Weld looks good, one thing I had a hard time gettin a hang of and thats TIG. Still dont bother trying any more.

I thought it was easier than the Mig. You have a lot more control over whats happening and you can go slower and really take your time. I had to stop and resharpen the tungsten a few times though. I kept getting the tip too close.

Comment

• .....I had to stop and resharpen the tungsten a few times though. I kept getting the tip too close.
        That's the same thing I was doing when I tried it. Pretty cool how much cleaner it is. I was looking at Miller 180's on Ebay, but maybe I should just save and buy a TIG.

Good looking weld BTW.
        Originally posted by 71BRONCO71 at Buck Island 6/25/11
        I can do that so much better myself..........1, 2, 3 GOODNIGHT!!!

Comment

• tig

Looking good Patrick!! Tig welding is awsome. As you Know, the cage I got from Crab is tig welded,the welds on it are a work of art compared to my mig welding!
          Are you going to pull those pistols or whistle dixie?

Comment

• Nice tig!
            Way better then my frist tig (mine looked like a stick weld)
            Mark Harris
            71 Bronco, 9 inch, 60, c4, Stak 3 speed, and 42 inch balloons.

Comment

• It's amazing how much cleaner it is. No doing the one legged mexican hat dance around the garage because your pant leg is on fire!! LOL! There is no sparks and splattering at all. I like it!

Comment

• I've wanted to try it for some time now. How hard was managing the pedal...filler rod...torch. Do you have to move the pedal much or is it more...find the right heat level and hold steady?
                Don't worry about it...its mostly glass...will be fine...

I went to the woods to live deliberately...

Carpe' Dium

Comment

• The pedal was pretty easy. We just set the AMPS to the right power on the machine so you basically pushed the pedal all the way down and kept it there. The pedal does give you more versatility once your metal heats up and you see that you are getting too much penetration, you can just let up on the pedal a little and reduce your heat a bit without having to stop and readjust your power setting on the machine. Pretty cool!

Comment

• Hey pat, I am looking at the pic of the Dedenbear's, and the high steer arm looks like it sits higher then the stock 60 knuckle. If it is higher on top are you going to have enough room for uptravel ? Bump stops? Just looks like you have less room then I do between the frame and the tie rod. Is the rig sitting as it would with the springs loaded?
                    Rig looks great just curious because I was looking into Dedenbears also but I may need to lift my rig to keep the tie rod off the frame.

FM <><
                    72EB, one-ton fab project that will never end

Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. Do everything in love.
                    1 Cor 16:13-14

Comment

• Originally posted by Familyman
                      Hey pat, I am looking at the pic of the Dedenbear's, and the high steer arm looks like it sits higher then the stock 60 knuckle. If it is higher on top are you going to have enough room for uptravel ? Bump stops? Just looks like you have less room then I do between the frame and the tie rod. Is the rig sitting as it would with the springs loaded?
                      Rig looks great just curious because I was looking into Dedenbears also but I may need to lift my rig to keep the tie rod off the frame.

FM <><

You are 100% correct. What the tie rod hits first is the trac bar bracket on the frame. I'll have to wait and flex it once it's all back together, but according to my measurements, the coil spring will be very close to full compression just about the time the tie rod hits the trac bar bracket. So I might have to bump stop it before the tie rod makes contact. But I'll know more once I get the coils back in it and flex it up.

The Dedenbear knuckles get your tie rod waaaaay up there! That's good and bad. And I mounted my tie rod on the bottom of the high steer arms too.

Comment

• Yeah my trac bar riser bracket hits the frame before anything else.
                        I just put bump stops on this weekend, only took me 7 years.
                        Mark Harris
                        71 Bronco, 9 inch, 60, c4, Stak 3 speed, and 42 inch balloons.

Comment

• The Dedenbear knuckles get your tie rod waaaaay up there! That's good and bad. And I mounted my tie rod on the bottom of the high steer arms too.
                          My tie rod is mounted the same way and gives me extra room. i am going to look into the Crane knuckles and see if they do the same thing. thanks

FM <><
                          72EB, one-ton fab project that will never end

Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. Do everything in love.
                          1 Cor 16:13-14

Comment

• So is this thing ready for the pre-Moab shake down run?
                            69, 342 EFI, C4, NP203, D20, 4.5" SL, 2" BL, 4.88 9" 35 spline ARB, 4.88 HP D44, WAH, ARB, CTM's, front disc , 37 x 14.50 Toyo MT, Ram Assist, and rear 4-link

Comment

• Originally posted by highlander
                              So is this thing ready for the pre-Moab shake down run?

It's a possibility. I'm getting close. Are you still up for going on Sunday if I can get it buttoned up tomorrow?
                              Attached Files

Comment

• Definitly, I have my axle replaced and even painted the new door inserts and should have them back on tomorrow. Do you need a hand with anything?
                                69, 342 EFI, C4, NP203, D20, 4.5" SL, 2" BL, 4.88 9" 35 spline ARB, 4.88 HP D44, WAH, ARB, CTM's, front disc , 37 x 14.50 Toyo MT, Ram Assist, and rear 4-link

Comment

Working...
                                X