X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Familyman

Originally posted by Familyman View Post
    The son and I got the t-case finished and now the drivetrain is together
    Just have to set up the shifters for the t-case and then I can finally put it back into the EB.

FM <><
    I love that work bench Chuck Nice job on the T-case as well...
    2002 F250 Superduty, 7.3 241,500 miles and counting
    1979 Bronco, 351M,NP435,4:11's on 33's
    2016 Race Red Shelby GT350

Comment

Cool lots of good info. Thanks Trailbound I was thinking of going 5" forward with the front axle. I don't mind cutting a little grill I just want to make sure I still have a headlight. When you get the pic post it.

Mark, I am really concerned after looking at FFMDX's EB that I would have maintance issues if I try to push the motor back along with the need for the new firewall. So you info is really good because I know you have pushed you EB past most limits. I will probably just lower the motor in the frame 2" to get it in the same location as if I had a body lift.

Thanks Doug, the table is great and I hope to move it into the middle of the garage to build the frame on once the body is on the sideyard or at Galens. Hint, Hint.

FM <><
      72EB, one-ton fab project that will never end

Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. Do everything in love.
      1 Cor 16:13-14

Comment

Where's the pics?

Comment

Not much to really show or share right now. Really in the planning stages. The EB tub is going to be leaving this weekend. Thanks to Galen. After that I will build a fab table and start to lay out the pieces of the puzzle - radiator,engine+drivetrain,seats and tank. Once all that is secured to the chassis table I will be able to really see what fits where. I will be sure to post pics. Thanks for asking.

FM <><

Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. Do everything in love.

Comment

Tub is gone
            Thank you Galen!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now with that bent thing out of my way I can get down to building. Well not quite yet. I have a roll cage and bumpers to install on my buds 72 Blazer.

But that didn't stop me from making a chassis table this weekend and I almost have the drivetrain bolted up to it.

So for anyone that needs more headaches then any broke bronco can create. If you are going to fab things up - First lay out all your parts in there approximate locations.

More to follow......................

FM <><

Comment

Just a couple of pics of the fab table I will be using to keep the chassis square. Trying to decide on a chassis design. Alot of different ideas out there but alot less when its a 4 seater . Hope to have tubing ordered in a couple of weeks.

FM <><
              Attached Files

Comment

Probably not the first to go from Bronco to buggy. I envision myself doin the same one day.

Comment

Fancy drivetrain stand. Guess the wood blocks and tire method doesnt work for ya Chuck???
                  72 sport/exp.,TBI 302,NP435,4.56 Powrlok/ARB in Full Width's.5.5" CAGE lift w/arms,2'' bl,37's, rescued from the concrete jungle (L.A.) NEVER DONE!!! Sold to buy a Boat, Now Broncoless.....Now it's fast water,smooth women and cold beer!! toad jeep owner now,,,,,, sorry

ALL MY DRINKING BUDDIES HAVE A SEVERE BRONCO PROBLEM !!!

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71
                  BULLSHIT! I love your meat in my mouth
                  RIP MARK BECK RIP MY FRIEND! RIP GIZMO,My little Buddy.

Comment

So you are going full buggy with Bronco Skins?

Comment

• Re: Familyman

Yup full tube buggy with skins. Trying to not stretch the rear more then 6" from EB specs. 110" wheelbase. notched 8" infront and 6 or so in the rear depending on seating. I have a 48" triple rear bench seat for the kids I want to use. I will also be adding doors and have seen a few designs I like. I will try to post them up soon.

No POP's I like those ideas they are much cheaper its just harder to hold the tubes in place, sinch the rachet strap, watch the angle finder and tack weld it all in place .

FM <><

Comment

Working...
                      X