family time Bronco

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• family time Bronco

I have been a Ford guy since day one. My favorite Ford product has always been there trucks. To be totaly honest I love 2 wheel drive layed out standard cab short beds. The biggest problem with that is theres no room for a family, there not very practicle for Reno, & again no room for family. The very next best thing to a super trick ground pounding 1956 big window is an Early Bronco. There great for the family, they are 4 wheel drive so I can drive it any time all year long here in Reno, they are convertable for late spring threw early fall, & very best of all the whole family can go!!
    Im on my 3rd Bronco now 2 of witch I have drove & loved. My current & pretty damn sure my permanent one is a 72. I bought it about 4 1/2 years ago & drove it for 1 1/2 years before that STUPID bug, I call NOPE!! got stuck in my ear.... make it bigger badder & biggest get rid of the np435. Since im not a ups truck driver I hated the shifting of that trani. I wanted a nice daily driver that I could take to the shows if I wanted or to the trail if thats what my fam thought sounded fun.
    when I bought it the only thing that really needed change was the trani. I could have done my AOD swap & been done. Just stop there & paint it all up pretty & be DONE. NOPE!! It started out with the factory 44 & 9 holley projection 302 & np435.
    Samco fab build me 79 Bronco full width Hi 44 & big bearing 9" with 4:88 gears & true trac soft lockers. Great now its bigger & more capible, just swap those in & be happy. NOPE!!
    The front has discs, Better do 4 wheel discs. Great stop, Full pun intended. NOPE!!
    D&D trans build me a very nice AOD. great now just swap that in & stop. NOPE!!
    since the t case is out have D&D rebuid that too, cool get it back in & be happy. NOPE!!
    Since Im going wider do a 4" rear stretch. Cool now stop & be happy.
    The hood had a little cracking so get the pro flow hood & be happy. NOPE!!
    The view finder windshield sure is bad ass. I better do that too. Got that installed & done. Great, now stop. NOPE!!
    Theres a great protofab rear bumper on Craigslist, cool buy it box the frame weld up the original mounting holes & fab up new brackets, Then stop. NOPE!!
    Now its been year apart & its time to start thinking about the kids & the schools they are going to be going to. Since my great wifey & I dont like the schools in this neighborhood better get a new house. The second best part of that part is I got my own Broncmohall in the back yard!!
    I started all that 3 1/2 years ago. While my first baby, Daughter Shelby, was just little & I had more time to play in the garage, thinking these are just little projects. Then along came my Son Zack . Now I have a Bronco with a lot started & nothing finished!! All I want to do is play with my now 5 & 3 year olds & the time for the Bronco doesnt happen. Now I have a kick ass garage, that by the way & had to cut the roof off & lift before I moved in so I could have an 8' door for the Bronco, & no time for the Bronco.
    If only I hadnt let that NOPE!! bug get the best of me I could have been driving my Bronco just as happpy as a pig in poo & been making memories with the kids driving it not just thinking its a great jungle gym/storage shed.
    Luckly I met a guy named Sam from Sammys speed shop in Minden NV. I got talking to him about my Bronco & he agreed to take it on as his own & get us back on the road. GOD BLESS HIM!!
    Im very happy to report I just drove my BAD ASS Bronco with all that stuff above DONE for the first time!!
    I'll be driving it back from his shop to my house tomorrow & Plan on just driving it! nothing else for a long time. Although I do still have to do new 1/4 panles before I get a ticket.....
    I'll add pics as soon as I can, for now Im off to just enjoy it!!

Re: family time Bronco

I'm happy for you. The kids will love riding around town in it and being the cool kids in the bronco.

Comment

Awesome. I'm jealous of your completed bronco and you new found self control. Congratulations

Comment

pics. You should show these guys your angry kitty too.

Comment

haha its a monster kitty

Comment

I just drove it home!! Its in its Broncmohall now! I drove it in there!! It was a 35ish mile drive & It was amazing!! Im so happy. To bad the kids are alread in bed. Ill get the cage & rear seat in it tomorrow & take them around in it after they get back home from gymnastics.

I promise pics are coming. Even pics of the "angry" monster kitty.

Comment

I just drove the Broncos to work for the first time in so many years I can't remember. I'm so freaking happy! Huge thank you to sammys speed shop in Minden Nevada. I will admit it was a small hit to the ego at first to not do it myself but driving it again take that all away!!

Comment

Pics or it didn't happen.
                Leave No One Behind
                KK6AUW

Comment

Originally posted by ProudPapa View Post
                  Pics or it didn't happen.
                  What he said!!!!
                  Originally posted by TBS-POPS
                  After a huge amount of reflection, I have determined that what I saw in ukiah was in fact Brians bronco. I was also informed by my wife that she infact heard it run!!

Comment

Wow sounds great can't wait to see it. I think I saw your axles down at Samco but who knows he does all kinds of cool stuff. What part of reno do you live. I'm in south reno.
                    Have Truck, Trailer, and Bronco will travel

Jes L.

Comment

[ATTACH]26649[/ATTACH]
                      This is where it all started. I sold my first ever Bronco to a from TX that was moving to Hawaii. Instead I got one that was 100% rust free & way farther along. That was about 5 or so years ago.

[ATTACH]26650[/ATTACH]
                      Here it is Tue. night. The first time I was ever able to drive it in the Broncmohall!!

[ATTACH]26651[/ATTACH]
                      Wed morning first time driving it to work in over 3 years, this winter would be 4. So there, with pics it did happen.

[ATTACH]26652[/ATTACH]
                      Tonight & installed the cage, rear seat, & belts. Then took the family to ice cream to celebrate. Then after the kiddos whent to bed I was back out there & got the pass. 1/4 sheet metal screwed on for now. What do you think? an uncut on 37's!!
                      Last edited by kawikevin250; 07-16-2014, 09:14 PM.

Comment

Sam built them Probably 4 years ago. I live off Robb in north west.

I stopped in at D&D trans. today to have him just doulbe check it & he said Sam from Sammys speed shop did a great job finishing the setup & he loved it! I even already have another friend looking in to taking his MGB with an aluminum v8 from I think a rover?? over to him to get back on the road. I just can't say enough great things about that guy. He may not have a Bronco but hes a Bronco guy to me. If anyone you know needs some help give him a call (775) 790-3769!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0365.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	469.9 KB
ID:	270900

Name:	IMAG0892.jpg
Size:	331.8 KB
ID:	270901

Name:	IMAG0937.jpg
Size:	245.5 KB
ID:	270902Oh yah how could I forget? You asked about the "angry" Monster kitty. You may remember back in the 70's Bruce Meyers built fiberglass dune buggys out of bug's by unbolting there bodys & replacing them with his body. He called a Manx. You also probably know a Manx is a kat. I found my inlaws a great manx in Washington & whent up there with them to buy it. My kids love it & started calling it the kitty. Its still just a bug pan with a 2180 vw motor 4seater & a ton of fun. After driving theres some & loving go fast sandrails I figured I needed one. Long story short I sold my sand rail & found a Monster Manx from a guy here in Reno That owns Scudders performance. Hes a vw guy & desert racer. Plug ugly calls it the angry kitty because I scared the SH!!T out of him at 100 mph across the desert when I made him think I didnt know the road turned & went flying off the road across the open desert & pulled hard on the cutting brake to scrub off speed & spin it back around to get back on the road. Fatboy6200 was in the car too & just laughed at me for being a dumb ass. Heres some pics.

Comment

Name:	IMAG0937.jpg
Size:	245.5 KB
ID:	270902 Plug ugly calls it the angry kitty because I scared the SH!!T out of him at 100 mph across the desert when I made him think I didnt know the road turned & went flying off the road across the open desert & pulled hard on the cutting brake to scrub off speed & spin it back around to get back on the road. [/QUOTE]

I heard that story last night over beers, it was a little different LOL but the scared the SH!T out of him was the same.

I'm in for a ride if your ever giving them out!
                            1969 EB, 88 Speed density EFI 302, HP D44 front w/ARB, Radius arm long arm, NP435, D20, D60 w/power lock rear, 4link rear with 4" stretch, Front and rear bumpers made by me.

Comment

Ill admit it wasn't totally planned, but I sure had fun doing it!! I didn't get a ride in his scout. Now with his new motor it should be bad ass!! I really liked his setup. Nice rig!

Comment

Working...
                              X