Project leave it alone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Project leave it alone

So last year around November I make a new internet buddy (Justice14) and he introduces me to his friend Neil. Neil has a 1971 Bronco he wants to unload and I'm in the market. Next thing you know We've agreed on his price and a trip to Oregon.

I decide to rent a trailer in Klamath Falls and not take mine. Two days before departing U-Haul calls and says there is no trailer in Klamath. I have to head on over to Ashland to get my trailer. okay slight change in plans and the rental gay said Ashland is only 30 minutes from Klamath on Hwy 66.

Friday night I load the wife and youngest and off we go. Around midnight we found our hotel. The following morning I get up early and am at the U-Haul rental office when the old-timer opens the door. As we both walk back to the office a lady walks in. I do the gentlemanly thing and allow her to go first (Bad Idea # 1).

Apparently the fella that runs the U-haul office was not computer savy and it took him an hour to just give up and complete a paper rental agreement with the lady in front of me. Needless to say it was 1030 (store opened at 8) before I was on the road with my rented trailer.

Well Hwy 66 is not a short cut and after about an hour I realized we were on the scenic ride so I made the best of it. Being we were in the deep woods of southern Oregon and my 7 year old daughter would not pee in the woods last year Elk hunting I thought it would be a good time for her mommy to give the girl some lessons (Bad idea #2).

At 1330 (1pm) family and I finally make to Klamath falls. Neil arrives and the Bronco is everything he said. A fast exchange of money and I load it on the car trailer. The plan is to head down to Weaverville and do some Bear hunting with my daughter for her birthday.

We take Hwy 97 back to Weed. Nice ride but stopped four times for road work. Needless to say we didn't get to Weed until 1730. We decide to mad dog a run back home and forgo the bear hunting for another weekend (bad Idea #3).
    Attached Files

Re: Project leave it alone

So the above are when I bought it. The Bronco has spent the winter sitting in my garage and over the last two months I've driven it several times. Time for some comfort changes.

Motor-removed
    Transmission-removed
    Frontend-Torn apart
    Steering box-Removed
    Seats-Removed

1 inch body lift- installed
    23 gallon gas tank-installed

Pic's to follow

Comment

Nice looking ride
      Marc D.
      If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

Nice looking bronco, but whats up with the cage?
        67 Bronco blue - LS 6.0, 6l90, & atlas (working on it)
        69 Bronco red - F/I 302,c-4,36" TSL S/X( sitting next to a barn)
        69 Bronco Yellow - TBI 350,th350, 203/205, Dana 60, 14 bolt, 4-link rear, 3 link front,full hydro, body narrowed 8", 39.9 Iroks on Walker Evans
        79 CJ 5 360 v8 t18 33's locked & sprung over (sitting in a barn since 2000)
        67 Camaro Lq4,built 200r4,Hotchkis suspension(work in progre$$)

Comment

Nice ride! Have fun making her yours... the adventure begins.
          1970 Bronco
          My build thread

Comment

Cage must have been a good idea that went bad. When we got home I pulled the Bronco off the trailer and took my sawzall to the cage.

Comment

Today was a get something done day. Started off with 2 runs to town to the parts store for Misc front end stuff. My Calipers and backing plates are Chevy. My Spindles and rotors are 85 Bronco.

Got the front hubs done. Because it is a junkyard kit many items have been assembled based on help from folks here. Lastly, had to cut down the new bolts I bought for the hub install.

The power brake setup was easy to install. The brake lines got changed twice before ending the day with "I need to make another parts run".

Got the steering shaft cut off and the new shaft installed along with the new power steering box.

Lastly body lift installed.
              Attached Files

Comment

That's a really good looking bronco and a productive day! Congrats.

Comment

Lookin' good
                  {o===o}
                  Originally posted by TBS-POPS
                  EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....
                  Originally posted by CityHick
                  I don't give probabilities in percentage format anymore

Comment

Looks good.
                    Idle hands equates to wild horses getting my money

Comment

Are we talking about the shop ?? My shop is like that but on a two car garage scale..The bronco is looking great.

Comment

Yeah the shop. Its a mess right now trying to do the Bronco, Rhino and display prep for my kids goat booth for the fair. I'm waiting on my cam and I'll start getting the motor ready next. I hope to be done (driveable) by the end of the month. Thanks

Comment

Crap Crap Crap !!!!! Rusted out floor boards. Not what I wanted to mess with. Oh well looks like this might take a little longer than I planned.

Comment

Originally posted by workin it View Post
                            Crap Crap Crap !!!!! Rusted out floor boards. Not what I wanted to mess with. Oh well looks like this might take a little longer than I planned.
                            As long as your feet are not hanging out... drive it some and then start on the sheet metal... been there and done that...

Broncos are never done... Unless you run out of money
                            2002 F250 Superduty, 7.3 241,500 miles and counting
                            1979 Bronco, 351M,NP435,4:11's on 33's
                            2016 Race Red Shelby GT350

Comment

Nice day to get some work done. Cut transmission tunnel for new shifter. patched and welded old transfer case shifter hole. Installed motor. This has been one of those projects nothing works good on the first try. I bought those extreme motor mounts. The bend is wrong and the mount doesn't work. Dam 30 minute run to town for stock motor mounts. Mount acc brackets. Alternator bolt pattern is not correct, PS pump has these three strange threaded holes that I have no idea what they are for on the pulley. L

Did I say the motor is in.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X