Early Bronco cage height

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Early Bronco cage height

I'm about to start bending tubing for my cage on my '66 Bronco. I don't have my seats installed so I don't know how high I should make my cage. It would be awesome if some of you early bronco guys could measure from the floor board to the top of your cage. At 5 bucks a foot for tubing I only want to do this twice for the main hoops.

Re: Early Bronco cage height

...as tall as you can fit under the top you run
    68 Slightly modified
    67 LUBR once again
    61 Willy Wagon

Comment

Yup Yup
      1970 w/89 5.0, np 435/203/205, 456/locker/ARB, 4 wheel disc brakes w/hydroboost, 5.5" lift w/ext.radius arms, 3" bod lift, RS 9000's, tilt column, Hydro assist steering, 39.5" pitbull's on H1's. 4 link rear suspension. Hey brother, can you spare some change, I need parts....

Comment

$5 a foot is a little pricey. Have you checked Del Paso Steel in Sacramento? I remember they were the cheapest when I was looking for some

Comment

I just paid over 5 s foot, but there was a convenience charge since I went through my local welding shop. They were 24' sticks from the USA though
          Marc D.
          If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

Originally posted by 68olblue View Post
            $5 a foot is a little pricey. Have you checked Del Paso Steel in Sacramento? I remember they were the cheapest when I was looking for some
            His location says he's in Oregon, Del Paso might be a bit of a drive. I was going to recommend calling RuffStuff but again, too far.

Comment

I'm don't have a top yet. Thinking soft top some day. I drive to Portland to pick up my steal. I looked into Ruff Stuff and it is about 7 bucks less for my 2" .250 three link suspension I'm planning.
              Attached Files

Comment

Don't forget the room needed for wipers... That's if your using them. Or are you gonna do a wiper set up on the lower portion of the windshield?
                Looks good nice and tight.
                1970 w/89 5.0, np 435/203/205, 456/locker/ARB, 4 wheel disc brakes w/hydroboost, 5.5" lift w/ext.radius arms, 3" bod lift, RS 9000's, tilt column, Hydro assist steering, 39.5" pitbull's on H1's. 4 link rear suspension. Hey brother, can you spare some change, I need parts....

Comment

and a dash, inner fenders,and so on. dont get ahead of yourself and build a cage that won't fit with all the rest of the sheet metal in place. just sayn but you may have other ideas......And like tony said, must have wipers to be street legal.
                  72 sport/exp.,TBI 302,NP435,4.56 Powrlok/ARB in Full Width's.5.5" CAGE lift w/arms,2'' bl,37's, rescued from the concrete jungle (L.A.) NEVER DONE!!! Sold to buy a Boat, Now Broncoless.....Now it's fast water,smooth women and cold beer!! toad jeep owner now,,,,,, sorry

ALL MY DRINKING BUDDIES HAVE A SEVERE BRONCO PROBLEM !!!

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71
                  BULLSHIT! I love your meat in my mouth
                  RIP MARK BECK RIP MY FRIEND! RIP GIZMO,My little Buddy.

Comment

Looks like quite the project. What are ur plans? My cage is 42.75" from the floor behind the seats to the top of the tube. I built mine to fit under my top but never had it back on the check so don't go off my numbers.
                    Last edited by Rockbronco67; 02-10-2013, 11:10 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X