my 71 build that has no end in sight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my 71 build that has no end in sight

I got the bronco in may and it was mechanically great but visually a mess. I originally planned on not touching the paint and body when I picked it up and the original owner pleaded with me to leave the body as is, but after he fell off the face of the earth after getting it home and me not getting the rest of the parts that plan was gone. First on the agenda was to get the front dana 44 gears in so it would match the rear 9" that had 4:88 already. Second was the interior and the roll cage. To address the issues inside I threw a set of Corbeau jp seats in and a best tops bench along with new lap belts.

so far the mod and build sheet looks like this:
    -MOTOR: 351W 10.1 comp forged pistons, comp roller rockers, comp thumper series cam, edelbrock performer RPM intake, holley carb, gear drive, long tube headers, 3" flowmaster exaust.
    -Factory 4 speed and Dana 20
    -ford 9" detroit spool with 4:88 gears with superior shafts.
    -Dana 44 front with sierra gear 4:88 fat gear set and superior shafts
    -Corbeau JP seats
    -bestops rear bench
    -WFO concepts DIY 6.5 speaker cans and garage built cage
    -pioneer deck and JL Audio 6.5 marine speakers
    -unk 3" lift coils and rear leafs
    -rear shackle flip
    -Parts Mike gm 1 ton T style steering setup with over arm mod
    -cut front and rear fenders
    -super swamper tsl bias 38.5x 15.5 R15 tires

future mods:
    -full width axles or if $$$ works out rockwells
    -coilovers front and rear
    -dual triangulated 4 link front and rear
    -psc ram assist
    -move front axle as far forward as possible and the same with the rear
    -up tire size to 40+" my dream would be 54" baja claws

I'm sure I'm forgetting some stuff, but here are some pics of what it started at and where its at now.
    Attached Files

Re: my 71 build that has no end in sight

Nice and welcome!
    72 sport/exp.,TBI 302,NP435,4.56 Powrlok/ARB in Full Width's.5.5" CAGE lift w/arms,2'' bl,37's, rescued from the concrete jungle (L.A.) NEVER DONE!!! Sold to buy a Boat, Now Broncoless.....Now it's fast water,smooth women and cold beer!! toad jeep owner now,,,,,, sorry

ALL MY DRINKING BUDDIES HAVE A SEVERE BRONCO PROBLEM !!!

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71
    BULLSHIT! I love your meat in my mouth
    RIP MARK BECK RIP MY FRIEND! RIP GIZMO,My little Buddy.

Comment

Always a fan of the trimmed grill. Nice.
      Just a stock 1966 U13, 170 ci 6 cyl, no kiddin'.

Comment

Ya I think I had to put down about 5 rum and cokes before I could bring myself to taking the cut off wheel to it. But man I love the way it looks now. It was norcalkd that got me turned on to the idea after we were hashing it out one night after a bbq over narrowing the front or leaving it stock.

Comment

Originally posted by grass View Post
          Ya I think I had to put down about 5 rum and cokes before I could bring myself to taking the cut off wheel to it. But man I love the way it looks now. It was norcalkd that got me turned on to the idea after we were hashing it out one night after a bbq over narrowing the front or leaving it stock.
          I agree, it looks great. Not too crazy with the cut either. Good thing you found some liquid courage to get you going with the cutting tools on your nice grill

Comment

got some progress done on the bumper, and I decided to go full width!!!
            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
            X