Dusy Ershim 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dusy Ershim 2012

I had to cancel my trip last year due to a broken foot.
    2012 trip is the same plan as last year.

I've put in for a week of vacation September Saturday the 15th to Sunday the 23rd.

My plan is an epic wheelin' / fishin' trip within those dates.

The initial plan is to drive a day, camp / fish a day, wheel a day camp / fish a day until the trial is done.
    I intend on taking full advantage of the time off.

This is a long trip and I'm planning on bringing an inflatable to fish from on the lakes along the trail.

We've run the trail normal direction a couple times and may chose to run it backwards.

Anybody interested let me know.

Re: Dusy Ershim 2012

My club is doing a similar trip in the begining of august. It'll be our first time down there since wev'e been doing the con each year as our big summer trip. If I had that kind of vacation, I'd be joining in on both trips but for now, i'm sticking with August.
    Idle hands equates to wild horses getting my money

Comment

what club do you belong to?
      75 302 c4 marlin crawler 20 44&9" 4.56 arb's 35"mtrs

Comment

I'd love to run this trail! Its been at the top of my list a while now but life always seems to get in the way. Felt real bad for dropping out of Crawlin68's run a couple years ago last minute, to find out I was the last to drop essentially cancelling the whole run... Given the light snowfall this winter we should have a great window of opportunity to make it happen this summer.
        1970 Bronco
        My build thread

Comment

my 4x4 club is uc4x4.com "under construction 4x4"

sorry for the off topic-ness
          Idle hands equates to wild horses getting my money

Comment

Mike, hopefully you can get to put this together this year, I know how bummed you were about last years trip. Thanks for the tips for my trip, the chainsaw was invaluable. I wish we had more time like you guys are planning. We camped at Voyager rock, Thomson Hill, Ershim Lake, and Lake Camp Lake. It was a great experience for me.
            Mark
            Explorer 5.0 OBDII

Comment

Originally posted by garberz View Post
              Mike, hopefully you can get to put this together this year, I know how bummed you were about last years trip. Thanks for the tips for my trip, the chainsaw was invaluable. I wish we had more time like you guys are planning. We camped at Voyager rock, Thomson Hill, Ershim Lake, and Lake Camp Lake. It was a great experience for me.
              Mark
              I'm glad it worked out for you. It's a great trail.

At this point I'm farther along in the planning than I was last year at the same time.
              The biggest hurdle this year will be the price of fuel, if it continues to climb.

Comment

YEAAA!!! Been many years since I ran that trail and I'd love to get down there. I have vacation around that time too but we are using some of it for a Disneyland trip. Maybe I can do both. I've got two weeks off around those dates. THE GODDAMN BRONCO HAD BETTER HAVE SOME TRAILS UNDER IT'S BELT BY THEN TOO!!!!
                Keep us up to date on this trip please.
                sigpic68' 351W ,Nothing stock except transfer case:

Comment

The most important part of the planning right now, was to get the dates out.

I don't know many people that can take a week off on short notice.
                  Or too many that want to spend over a week out there.
                  Hopefully there will be at least 2 more vehicles that sign on.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike C View Post
                    The most important part of the planning right now, was to get the dates out.

I don't know many people that can take a week off on short notice.
                    Or too many that want to spend over a week out there.
                    Hopefully there will be at least 2 more vehicles that sign on.
                    Well if those dates are solid and the Bronco is trailworthy(I can't see it not being that late in the summer) and we aren't at Disneyland, I can get the week off no prob. Setting up child care may be my biggest issue but I think I can arrange something by then. Let me start by finishing up all my loose ends on the Bronc and getting some trails under it and I'll go from there.
                    sigpic68' 351W ,Nothing stock except transfer case:

Comment

Originally posted by CityHick View Post
                      I'd love to run this trail! Its been at the top of my list a while now but life always seems to get in the way. Felt real bad for dropping out of Crawlin68's run a couple years ago last minute, to find out I was the last to drop essentially cancelling the whole run... Given the light snowfall this winter we should have a great window of opportunity to make it happen this summer.
                      Don't feel too bad......I've had to cancel on him for the last two years also! One year I had the flu and the other I was going to a wedding. I'd like to get a trip planned for late summer this year. I'm still planning to do Rubicon with you guys in June. Given the price of gas, I'll probably only be able to afford one more big trip and I've always wanted to do Dusy.
                      '01 TJ, 4.0/5spd
                      5.5" Rock Krawler X-Factor Long Arm,
                      35" BFG M/T's
                      4:88's, ARB's

BOHICA!

Comment

I have to cancel.
                        This frustrating. This is 2 years in a row now I've had issues come up.
                        I apologize.
                        Try again next year, same month.

Comment

Working...
                        X