Barrett Lake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barrett Lake

Hey,Barrett lake is open. Thinking about going soon, maybe the 17th. Anyone want to go?

Re: Barrett Lake

I just read it opened too... I'm looking for some time to run it as well. I'll check into the 17th when I get back to work Monday.
    1970 Bronco
    My build thread

Comment

Thats a trail I've alway wanted to do. September weekends are out for me, if a group goes take lots of pictures!
      Leave No One Behind
      KK6AUW

Comment

Hey Dave I hear theres a gate at the beginning, can you fit though it?
        Leave No One Behind
        KK6AUW

Comment

Yeah, barely though. I could do a weekday trip also, in and out. Just trying to get a wheeling plan going. Or else it will be Mo and I.

Comment

We are going in fri night or sat morning. Myself, bent 70, a cruiser and a jeep. Most likely sat morn since I have the kids with me.
            67 Bronco blue - LS 6.0, 6l90, & atlas (working on it)
            69 Bronco red - F/I 302,c-4,36" TSL S/X( sitting next to a barn)
            69 Bronco Yellow - TBI 350,th350, 203/205, Dana 60, 14 bolt, 4-link rear, 3 link front,full hydro, body narrowed 8", 39.9 Iroks on Walker Evans
            79 CJ 5 360 v8 t18 33's locked & sprung over (sitting in a barn since 2000)
            67 Camaro Lq4,built 200r4,Hotchkis suspension(work in progre$$)

Comment

I'm out. work and personal obligations trumped any possibility of a Barrett Lake trip this coming weekend. Hoping to find time before it closes for the winter.
              1970 Bronco
              My build thread

Comment

Hope to do Barret first wknd in oct if open

Comment

I'm thinking of going up this week, if not I'll see you guys this weekend.

Comment

Look for the bread truck
                    69 Bronco Yellow - TBI 350,th350, 203/205, Dana 60, 14 bolt, 4-link rear, 3 link front,full hydro, body narrowed 8", 39.9 Iroks on Walker Evans

Comment

Hello All, has anyone gone thru yet? just lookin for a report. I think were going up for the day on the 1st,

Comment

We went up this past weekend. The trail was dry and not crowded. My brother sheared the studs off his steering arm on his land cruiser and after welding it a few times and having the welds break, we left it there for a parts run to Sac. We got back to the land cruiser around 9:15, then back to the parking lot by 12am. I loaded my bronco onto the trailer and discovered a broken main leave on the trailer. We wrapped a chain around the axle and secured it to the rear of the trailer and used a come a long pulling in the opposite direction to keep it in place for the drive home. Got back to Sac (brothers place)at 3am and went to sleep. Woke up 4 hours later, loaded up the kids and drove home. It was still a great run and some pretty tuff sections.

Comment

Barrett is a blast! Here's a link to our slide show. http://www.wildhorses4x4.com/slideshow27 Johnny and I went 1st of Oct. this was our first time on this trail. It took about 4.5 hours in we had lunch and then 2.5 hours out. 12 mile round trip. You go up about 800 feet elevation from the gate to the lake. Great trail do it if you have the chance.

Jim
                          www.wildhorses4x4.com

Comment

Nice pics Jim, thanks for sharing.
                            Mark
                            Explorer 5.0 OBDII

Comment

Working...
                            X