Slickrock Day Run

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Slickrock Day Run

Looks like we are going to meet in Arnold at 8am.
    Need a good spot to meet.
    Someplace with breakfast.

Comment

Not sure if Snowshoe Brewing does breakfast but its an easy spot to find. Due to family commitments I think I'm going to have to bail but if anything changes I may head up there. We'll see.
      1970 Bronco
      My build thread

Comment

It looks like my my testing date is the two weeks after. I assumed it was the 30th but its not.

Since there is a trail clean up that weekend too I could possibly be game for this. Im working the Con this weekend and if all goes well and I dont break anything, I should be able to go.

I finnally broke down and bought the ARB "heavy duty" air line. No more compression fittings for me.

Originally posted by CityHick View Post
        Not sure if Snowshoe Brewing does breakfast but its an easy spot to find. Due to family commitments I think I'm going to have to bail but if anything changes I may head up there. We'll see.
        COME ON!
        {o===o}
        Originally posted by TBS-POPS
        EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....
        Originally posted by CityHick
        I don't give probabilities in percentage format anymore

Comment

We made it through Slickrock on friday 7/15, had to do a lot of winching towards the Lake alpine end, took 1-2 hours to go 100 yards, we saw a bunch of tracks through the meadow area(LOSERS!! Stay on the trail). there was about 4-5 feet at the highest part of those snow berms, Only MochaMike with his 37" Crawlers made it without winching, he had to winch to get back to wher he could help the rest of us though. Should be ok now, probably down another 2 feet.
          Page 5 has some pics, not the flop over, that was Deer Valley
          http://www.ihonlynorth.com/forums/ba...y-15-17-a.html
          Yes, It's a Jeep, Can't we all just get along?
          35s,44s locked,102:1 blah, blah, blah. I'll upgrade whatever breaks next, something will, I am sure, hopefully it's something cheap.

Comment

There's all kinds. Those that don't know. Those that don't care. And those that care, but in a moment of weakness, forget that they care, and let "fun" overrule their good sense.
            Then there's us of course...

I hope there's a big group there on the 30th. Sounds like it will be. Sorry I won't be able to be there too. Seems like we've been clearing this same crap up since the 70's

Paul
            Last edited by DirtDonk; 07-22-2011, 01:17 PM.
            Wild Horses 4-Wheel Drive
            www.wildhorses4x4.com

71 U15 3.5" WH lift, Hanson rear, cut w/33" Swamper Thornbirds
            68 U15 2.5" WH lift, Hanson front, uncut w/31 BFG Explorer engine/trans

Comment

Ok......here's the latest.

We are meeting at 8am in Arnold.
              Location is a gas station right off Hwy4.

Name of the gas station is: QuickServe at Meadow View Center.
              It was named Sierra Trading Post. (or still is.)

I've never been there, but I'm told it's a small place and hard to get lost.

If your going, send me a PM and we'll get phone info exchanged.

Comment

How was the trail? Any pics?

Comment

I apologize for being slow with the trip report.

Fun trip.
                  No problems.

I'll put up details and photos soon.

Comment

Re: Slickrock Day Run / Trip Report

Nice day trip.
                    The trail was......cute, I guess is a good way to describe it.
                    This was the first time I've been on this trial.
                    And the first time my Bronco has been on a trail since the summer of 2006.
                    So the fact that the trail is somewhat easy was good. I needed a decent shakedown run.

There is one tougher section towards the end that became a lot easier once I figured out one of my hubs was unlocked.
                    We had plenty of time to go back through the opposite direction. Which I think would be a little more challenging overall. But I was out-voted by the kids that wanted to go fishing somewhere. (I chose not to use my veto power.)

I went with an old friend of mine and their club.
                    It was a Jeep-fest but fun.

The Bronco worked great.
                    The tube doors worked perfect.
                    Three things I need to work on:
                    1. Increasing the cooling capability for my tranny.
                    2. Adding more storage organization in the cab. Between the woman and the kids there was stuff everywhere all the time. I need to put in as many pouches, pockets, boxes, bins, etc....as I can find.
                    3. Switching out my pitman arm to reduce bump steer. (I need to modify the stock arm to fit.)

That's it. Fun trip.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Mike C; 08-06-2011, 08:35 AM.

Comment

Looks like a great time.
                      Jack
                      73 Bronco 302 C4 3 1/2 2" 5.14 9"/d44 d20 37"

Comment

Great pics Mike! Looks like perfect weather for it. And I must say, the kids looked a lot happier in that first pic than they did in the later ones! An accurate "trail-bounce-indicator" maybe?

Cool rock formation in pic #11. Looks like a Jeep windshield growing right out the top of it.

Paul
                        Wild Horses 4-Wheel Drive
                        www.wildhorses4x4.com

71 U15 3.5" WH lift, Hanson rear, cut w/33" Swamper Thornbirds
                        68 U15 2.5" WH lift, Hanson front, uncut w/31 BFG Explorer engine/trans

Comment

Never heard that trail described as "cute" before but I hear ya... its not terribly difficult. To me that area is all about relaxing, hiking, swimming, fishing, etc. The fact that there's a trail there is a bonus. Glad you had a good, problem free time, I just wish I could have joined.
                          1970 Bronco
                          My build thread

Comment

Working...
                          X