Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Trips in May?

Originally posted by CityHick View Post
    Bringing this thread back up... seriously anybody have anything set for this month yet? The 'con run is a ways off and I need a warm up run before going back there. I know there isn't much (if anything) open in the high country and snow wheeling isn't really my thing anyway. Just looking for a 2-3 day trip somewhere to go screw around in the rig and make sure nothing falls off. Thinking if it opens up soon the Sourgrass Trail might be an option. Supposed to be pretty mellow and is relatively low in elevation (4000 feet I believe) so its likely to have less snow sooner.

I'd be looking at a Fri-Sun kind of run... got to start burning PTO.
    I was up at Sourgrass about a month ago, there was a good amount of snow, but I bet it's all mud right now.

I still don't have anything planned for May yet. I don't have a put together Bronco anyway, so I'm thinking a lighter trail and I'll just take my Dodge.
    Barney Riley does sound fun.
    Mark Harris
    71 Bronco, 9 inch, 60, c4, Stak 3 speed, and 42 inch balloons.

Comment

Originally posted by welndmn View Post
      I was up at Sourgrass about a month ago, there was a good amount of snow, but I bet it's all mud right now.

I still don't have anything planned for May yet. I don't have a put together Bronco anyway, so I'm thinking a lighter trail and I'll just take my Dodge.
      Barney Riley does sound fun.
      Is Barney Riley passable in a full size 4x4 pickup on 33s? If so I might take my Chebby up there sometime soon. I might skip Hollister next weekend and just go exploring up in the mountains a little. I want to go snow shoeing, and the Hollister trip sounds like it might be crowded. I need to get away from crowds... people are driving me nuts lately.
      1970 Bronco
      My build thread

Comment

I just heard from a co-worker that Sourgrass is open and clear of snow. He says its a little muddy but getting in and across the creek is no problem. Thinking about a run up there to scout it out in the next couple of weeks... Anybody feel like joining for a highway 4 run?
        1970 Bronco
        My build thread

Comment

I might be in!
          Mark Harris

Comment

Originally posted by welndmn View Post
            I might be in!
            Cool. Probably looking at a day trip or maybe staying one night. Gotta hit Snowshoe Brewing Co for Lunch one of the days and maybe do a little out in the woods too. The weather this weekend looks like it might be kinda crappy especially higher up... but lets keep this idea alive. I need some Bronco time
            1970 Bronco
            My build thread

Comment

Might be some Broncos at Hollister this Sunday.

Comment

Originally posted by gddyap View Post
                Do ya think? if they're sobered up from the BBQ
                68 Slightly modified
                67 LUBR once again
                61 Willy Wagon

Comment

Weather permitting I might head down there bright and early Sunday. Two events happening - the Molina Ghost Run and the south bay gathering. I have not been following the BBQ thread much on that other list... considered going but probably won't.
                  1970 Bronco
                  My build thread

Comment

Originally posted by CityHick View Post
                    Cool. Probably looking at a day trip or maybe staying one night. Gotta hit Snowshoe Brewing Co for Lunch one of the days and maybe do a little out in the woods too. The weather this weekend looks like it might be kinda crappy especially higher up... but lets keep this idea alive. I need some Bronco time
                    Well, I put one Coilover on last night, It be wheelable again here, but it needs a lot of little things. The last Hollister trip in March was hell on the body. It needs some things pushed and pulled and ratched tied up, but that's not stopping me.

I'm so Hollistered out. It's bad enough I have to go back in May for a friends bachelor party.
                    Mark Harris

Comment

Working...
                    X