La Porte to Hwy 49 @ Sierra Buttes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• La Porte to Hwy 49 @ Sierra Buttes?

I have heard from locals of a trail from Grass Flat/Onion Valley near La Porte to Hwy 49 at Bassets Station. This was years ago. Any info on this? It may well have been illegal even then considering the source.
    Just a stock 1966 U13, 170 ci 6 cyl, no kiddin'.

Re: La Porte to Hwy 49 @ Sierra Buttes?

I've got friends that snowmobile from La Porte to Bassets, but that's a different sort of trail. I can ask them what it might be like w/o the snow....
    Originally posted by 71BRONCO71 at Buck Island 6/25/11
    I can do that so much better myself..........1, 2, 3 GOODNIGHT!!!

Comment

Okay. I know it has been done but the guys that told me about it are gone for good. They said it was a cliffhanger in places and very rocky. I'm not suggesting anybody go breaking trail. I did some searches on the web and found nothing. Just would like to know if anybody here has done it. One of the guys that told me about it built a house at Grass Flat. Little Grass Reservoir near La Porte is always killer fishing for the first folks to make it in in the spring. The fish get hungry over winter.

Comment

It looks like it once was a trail. Not sure if its still open to vehicles or not anymore.

Heres what I have. Its from THIS BOOK

EDIT:
        Forgot attachment
        Attached Files
        {o===o}
        Originally posted by TBS-POPS
        EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....
        Originally posted by CityHick
        I don't give probabilities in percentage format anymore

Comment

That sounds like a ride in the country that even the SixShooter could do. Thanks for the info. I hope it is still open.

Comment

I was up there a few years ago (Deer Hunting). We were able to drive up the the ladder you see in the pic of the Fire lookout station. But there was only a little sign "No motorized Vehicles beyond this point". Sounds like there might be a gate there now. And believe me it would be a good hike up to the tower from that gate. Well worth the view though. The trail leading up to the "climb" was pretty tame.
            70 Bronco, 5.0, ARB front 44, Detroit 9in Rear, Dana 20 w/ Rock Eaters, NP435, Beadlocked 36X13.5 IROXS

2001 F-250, triple gauges, ATO Tranny, 35 SST's, line-x, bully dogged!

Comment

If it is still open I hope to see that view this summer. Thanks for the info.

Comment

Do they gate the road into the lake?

I'd like to get in there early for some good fishing.

If your thinking about making first tracks into the Reservoir, I'll go with you.
                Last edited by Mike C; 03-09-2011, 03:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X