Hot Spring Run

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hot Spring Run

Anybody up to do a Carson River hot spring trip in April? Do it before the snow starts melting and you can't cross the river, and do it before all the rafters take over....

Re: Hot Spring Run

Never heard of it. More info...more info!!

Comment

They are between Gardnervill Nevada and Markleeville Ca. on the Carson river. I'm sure you can find some info on the internet, but there are a couple of tubs above the river and there are more up and down the river from there.

Comment

How much 4-wheelin' is involved?

Comment

Not too much 4 wheeling involved, pretty much do it in 2 wheel drive the whole way. Mainly nice scenery and hot springs. And crossing the river a couple times. Not too bad though.

Comment

To get there this time of year you'd need to go in from leviathan Mine road or China springs road and go up river from there, the Barney Riley trail will have too much snow to go that way...

Comment

is that the Barney Riley trail? Good fishing up there!!
              1968, 69 351W,NP 435, Stak 5.22, D44 with 4.10's, chebby discs and a detroit, 9" with 4.11's and a lockright. 35" MTR's, TRO, WH cage, ps, pb, 3.5" susp, 2" body lifts, pile of parts in the garage, empty wallet!

Comment

The barney riley trail starts up in Markleeville, and goes to the hot springs, but is snowed in for a few more months. The other tow ways are lower elevation and run up the river from Gardnerville. Fishing is awesome on that part of the river!!!

Comment

It seems like last year the stretch of river near the Barney Riley trail was catch and release only... is that still the case or was I imagining that? I definitely want to check out that trail sometime. Looks like fun and its definitely different than the typical western sierra trail.
                  1970 Bronco
                  My build thread

Comment

You're right, it is catch and release on that part of the river in California, but just go across the border and the fish are free game, and just as good of fishing there...

Comment

Thanks for the info. Definitely interested in checking out that area; it looks interesting.
                      1970 Bronco
                      My build thread

Comment

I'm in for some good fishing as well.
                        This trip sounds better and better.

Comment

Let's see how the weather is in early April, and we can figure out who wants to go and make a plan for a Saturday or Sunday and do it....

Comment

Catch and release is fine, does anybody know if it's barbless hooks/flys only?

Comment

It is barbless in California, but Nevada, anything goes.

Comment

Working...
                              X