Dusy Ershim 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dusy Ershim 2011

I've put in for a week of vacation September Saturday the 10th to Sunday the 18th.

My plan is a epic wheelin' / fishin' trip within those dates.

The initial plan is to drive a day, camp / fish a day, wheel a day camp / fish a day until the trial is done.
    I intend on taking full advantage of the time off.

This is a long trip and I'm planning on bringing an inflatable to fish from on the lakes along the trail.

We've run the trail normal direction a couple times and may chose to run it backwards.

Anybody interested let me know.
    Last edited by Mike C; 07-08-2011, 07:15 PM.

Re: Dusy Ershim 2011

I'm in. The bronco should definitely be done by then, we are moving to Fresno in August. So the only thing that will have to fall in place will be my school schedule.
    72' in pieces and piles of awesomeness

Comment

I have a trip through this trail scheduled for the last week of Aug. Maybe we can combine the two and do one big group going through?

Comment

This trail is on my list to run this year too. It would be cool if we could arrange a "Broncos on the Dusy" trip. I've mentioned Patrick's trip to a couple of friends who seem interested as well. Time will tell with my crew but I would like to join either your trip Mike, or Patrick's, or if they get combined, even better.

Originally posted by Mike C View Post
        The initial plan is to drive a day, camp / fish a day, wheel a day camp / fish a day until the trial is done.
        I intend on taking full advantage of the time off.
        This is exactly how I like to approach wheeling trips. As much fun as I had on the 'con last year, I could have used a little down time between long days of driving. Being in the mountains to me is all about relaxing and not rushing through a trail.

-Tony
        1970 Bronco
        My build thread

Comment

Originally posted by CityHick View Post
          This trail is on my list to run this year too. It would be cool if we could arrange a "Broncos on the Dusy" trip. I've mentioned Patrick's trip to a couple of friends who seem interested as well. Time will tell with my crew but I would like to join either your trip Mike, or Patrick's, or if they get combined, even better.

This is exactly how I like to approach wheeling trips. As much fun as I had on the 'con last year, I could have used a little down time between long days of driving. Being in the mountains to me is all about relaxing and not rushing through a trail.

-Tony
          Coyote Lake trip was pretty awesome I think. Looking forward to a date nailed down for Dusy, would really like to participate.

Thats how I rub...I mean roll!

Comment

if you guys nail a date down for this i would love to do this trip. been wanting to for a few years now.
            70 bronco with stuff.

Comment

I tried to work it for time off for Pat's trip, but work will not allow.
              so I am out ( I Can't take any time off 2 weeks before a holiday)
              Originally posted by TBS-POPS
              After a huge amount of reflection, I have determined that what I saw in ukiah was in fact Brians bronco. I was also informed by my wife that she infact heard it run!!

Comment

I may be in, and I say may because I just couldn't make it last time.
                “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

Combining the two trips would be great, but my dates are locked in at work.

For solid dates I'm looking at a Saturday to Saturday run.
                  September 10th to September 17th.

Unless the group was too excited to wait and met up Friday evening.
                  Which would work, the 1st day I use as a travel day to get to the trailhead (Chicken Rock).

Or, opt for a less stressful first day and use Saturday to all link up at various places and travel to the trailhead, then step off Sunday morning.

We usually camp that night at the trailhead and then start the next morning to give us plenty of time to get to the top of Thompson Hill before dark. Not fun getting caught in the middle of that when night falls. (Read trip report from 2005) Also, I think this is the most difficult part of the trail.
                  (Also read trip report from 2006)

At the top of Thompson Hill is Thompson Lake, and the first campsite on the trail.

Camp a day, drive a day, camp a day, drive a day...etc.

The goal will be to be off of the trail the next Saturday, but having Sunday as an option day in case of problems or if we find someplace we really like and want to spend an extra day.

As always family is welcome , But I don't think my wife or kids will be going on such a long trip.
                  Last edited by Mike C; 02-21-2011, 04:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by crawlin68 View Post
                    I have a trip through this trail scheduled for the last week of Aug.
                    I really want to do this with you guys this year. Hopefully, I won't get the flu 2 days before we're supposed to leave like I did last year........Keep me posted on the dates. I have to work 10-11 Sept. I'm totally down for a late August trip! Just have to fix all the broken shit from the Rubicon first.
                    '01 TJ, 4.0/5spd
                    5.5" Rock Krawler X-Factor Long Arm,
                    35" BFG M/T's
                    4:88's, ARB's

BOHICA!

Comment

Dusy is getting a bunch of new restrooms! If we can get run going on, Im in.

Has the snow melted yet or is the trail still closed?

PAT! What say you?
                      {o===o}
                      EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....
                      Originally posted by CityHick
                      I don't give probabilities in percentage format anymore

Comment

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71 View Post
                        Dusy is getting a bunch of new restrooms! If we can get run going on, Im in.

Has the snow melted yet or is the trail still closed?

PAT! What say you?
                        Still closed. And it will be for a while still. I'll keep checking on the open(ness) of the trail and report back.

Comment

Originally posted by crawlin68 View Post
                          Still closed. And it will be for a while still. I'll keep checking on the open(ness) of the trail and report back.
                          Anybody know how often the 4-wheel drive club of Fresno updates their page? http://www.4wdcfresno.net/

I suspect there are a few trails that may never open this year. I would like to hit Dusy this year if it opens but in the event it doesn't, any suggestions for alternates? I'd like to hit Barrett Lake if it ever opens this year...
                          1970 Bronco
                          My build thread

Comment

The guy that runs it updates it regularly.
                            {o===o}
                            EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....
                            Originally posted by CityHick
                            I don't give probabilities in percentage format anymore

Comment

Originally posted by CityHick View Post
                              Anybody know how often the 4-wheel drive club of Fresno updates their page? http://www.4wdcfresno.net/

I suspect there are a few trails that may never open this year. I would like to hit Dusy this year if it opens but in the event it doesn't, any suggestions for alternates? I'd like to hit Barrett Lake if it ever opens this year...
                              If we can't run Dusy, I'd like to do either Swamp or the Red Mountain Lakes (Red, Coyote, West) trails......If anyone is interested?
                              '01 TJ, 4.0/5spd
                              5.5" Rock Krawler X-Factor Long Arm,
                              35" BFG M/T's
                              4:88's, ARB's

BOHICA!

Comment

Working...
                              X