Barret Lake trail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barret Lake trail

Does anyone know what the width of the gate is at the trail head?

Last I knew it was exactly 79 inches wide. So if you have full width with any back space at all you're out.
    “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

Barrett Lake got rated a 10+.. Harder than the rubicon!! No Bypasses.

http://www.cal4wheel.com/hilanders/barretlake.htm

Maybe still closed due to snow.??
      A
      KK6DAD
      70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

Yea, I'm out. I'm 83" with the van rear. That is a fun trail for anyone that can get through the gate..

Comment

I was in the HiLanders for almost ten years and ran that trail 4 or 5 times a year. It was tight for a Bronco in spots, even before the full width.

Comment

You still may be able to fit. I am at 84" and squeezed through. I think 39.5" tall tsl's are the max to fit under the box on post. Even being so wide, going through the tight spots in the trees was really no problem with me. I don't believe I ever rubbed a tree.
            70 eb 60f 14b mild 302 435-klune 4-1-np205 and some dents

Comment

Barret Lake Trail was opened on the 11th I haven't been but sources tell me the actual width of the gate is 84 and the width at the lock box is 78 inches but a 39 will sneak under it. I don't think I am going to make it this year unless I can fix the frame @ the steering box real soon.
              [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]70 bronco 60 front, Sterling 10.25 rear, 347 injected, C-4, atlas3.8, and 41 inch IROKS.

Comment

Working...
              X