Moab Unevent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Moab Unevent

Depends on here schedule. She may be flying in on Wed. One way ticket is only 200 bones.
    Marc D.
    If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

Sorry Marc, as reported on Classic, we are out, just too much little shit poppin up and not enough time to properly address each one. D and I been pretty much workin two jobs with our jobs and the bronco for 2 months when we can.

Comment

Originally posted by PhantomEB View Post
        Sorry Marc, as reported on Classic, we are out, just too much little shit poppin up and not enough time to properly address each one. D and I been pretty much workin two jobs with our jobs and the bronco for 2 months when we can.
        Sorry to hear that Les. I will drink a few beers for you while I'm there.
        Marc D.

Comment

Well here is a short trip report of my time in Moab this year.
          I drove to SLC Friday night and then woke up to four inches of snow sat morning. Quite a shocker. The rest of the trip into Moab went good and after I set up camp I headed into town to enjoy the Moab car show. It was a good show and even better cruise on main.
          On Sunday we decided to run an easy trail called fins and things and had a nice run. The problem happened when we stopped by Potato salad hill on the way back to camp. I got a little crossed up and all of my driving ability went right out the door which caused me to roll her on over. If you know my bronco you probably won't be surprised that it was hard to even see the new dents. The rest of the week went by pretty quick. We ran behind the rocks, hells revenge, cliff hanger and Pritchett canyon. The worst part came on Pritchett. Something started failing in the top end and by the time we made it out the engine was popping through the carb and I couldn't get it over 25 mph. We ended up putting it on the strap for the ten miles back to camp. Ran just enough to load it on and off the trailer. I will have to tear into it soon, but after I finish my bathroom. One other thing that happened on Pritchett was I broke my rear driveshaft in two. Luckily we ran across a bronco with a welder, and he let us burn it back together. All in all the trip was great as usual.
          The last thing I want to say is Steve Sampson and the Utah bronco club put on a great show. Everyone should plan on going next year. Clint is gone for good, and it will only get better in the future.
          Last edited by earlybronco72; 05-15-2011, 05:14 PM.
          Marc D.

Comment

To bad about you engine but sounds like you got plenty of wheeling in before the motor let loose.
            67 Bronco blue - LS 6.0, 6l90, & atlas (working on it)
            69 Bronco red - F/I 302,c-4,36" TSL S/X( sitting next to a barn)
            69 Bronco Yellow - TBI 350,th350, 203/205, Dana 60, 14 bolt, 4-link rear, 3 link front,full hydro, body narrowed 8", 39.9 Iroks on Walker Evans
            79 CJ 5 360 v8 t18 33's locked & sprung over (sitting in a barn since 2000)
            67 Camaro Lq4,built 200r4,Hotchkis suspension(work in progre$$)

Comment

Originally posted by 69crawler View Post
              To bad about you engine but sounds like you got plenty of wheeling in before the motor let loose.
              Sure did get some good wheeling in, and I forgot to mention that I also won a snap on air cut off tool in the raffle. Odds were good this year. 3000 grand in prizes and only 40 entries. You only got the one ticket for registering. Everyone got something.
              Marc D.

Comment

We'll be there in '12. Plan is to be ready by fall with only major upgrades will be transmission/tcase and all 1350 driveshafts. This will allow me number of winter wheelin trips and a decent amount of miles on the rig. Also would like to do SOB next year too since its only a day haul for us, Spokane and over. SOB will be an easy convincing of my bud as he does have his little racer quad that he dreams of hittin the dunes with.
                Last edited by PhantomEB; 05-16-2011, 05:23 PM.

Comment

See you there in 012. Sounds like you have a good plan. Steve missed you a lot. Talked about the beer tower often. You will have to out do yourself when you return.
                  Originally posted by PhantomEB View Post
                  We'll be there in '12. Plan is to be ready by fall with only major upgrades will be transmission/tcase and all 1350 driveshafts. This will allow me number of winter wheelin trips and a decent amount of miles on the rig. Also would like to do SOB next year too since its only a day haul for us, Spokane and over. SOB will be an easy convincing of my bud as he does have his little racer quad that he dreams of hittin the dunes with.
                  Marc D.

Comment

Bwhahahaha Dennis says, sheesh all we were tryin to do was keep hydrated in the dry desert air!

Comment

Sweet bronco at 2:55

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KCvFqclFOE

Comment

Originally posted by Rockbronco67 View Post
                        And only running on seven at the time.
                        Marc D.

Comment

Any word on your hot-rod engine, Marc?
                          Yes, It's a Jeep, Can't we all just get along?
                          35s,44s locked,102:1 blah, blah, blah. I'll upgrade whatever breaks next, something will, I am sure, hopefully it's something cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by Franked View Post
                            Any word on your hot-rod engine, Marc?
                            Still broke.
                            Marc D.

Comment

Working...
                            X