Snow trip last weekend.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snow trip last weekend.

I got together with a couple of local guys here in the Fresno area last weekend and headed up to Bald Mt. We had a great time. At one point we came upon a bunch of Toys and Heeps just parked off to the side of the trail. After I pulled up to them, they told me that they were told that I was coming up the trail from the main paved road, and they were waiting for me to get there so I could go first and break the trail for them! The snow was DEEP! At the point where we decided to turn around and head back down the mountain, the snow was up to my headlights. We had a few Bronco related problems, but nothing major. TieWire had an alternator go out on him, so I swapped batteries with him to keep him going. I had a strange engine miss going on. I think I might have a coil going bad. And I lost a water pump, so I had to keep stopping every 10 to 15 minutes to fill up the radiator. All in all it was a fun day. I managed to remember to get the camera out a few times.
    Attached Files

Re: Snow trip last weekend.

Glad you had a terrible time.
    {o===o}
    Originally posted by TBS-POPS
    EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....
    Originally posted by CityHick
    I don't give probabilities in percentage format anymore

Comment

That IS awesome! I have never seen snow that deep on that road. This should put some interest in our spring run!!

Comment

Originally posted by Cheesenip73 View Post
        That IS awesome! I have never seen snow that deep on that road. This should put some interest in our spring run!!
        Yeah, this was still on Rock Creek Road. We didn't even try to go up the Bald Mt. trail. We turned around just past the turn off to the Bald Mt. trail.

Comment

My snow beast should be done by Monday. Gonna get the lift on tomorrow (screw you rain). Gonna pick up my new 38.5's on Sunday and mount them on Monday. I would really like to get my corbeaus in but the bench seat won't stop me from wheeling.
          72' in pieces and piles of awesomeness

Comment

OK its been deemed by the token CANADIAN!! you guys suck, I aint even gettin that nice of a snow dump!

Comment

Nice looking snow!
              We went on our normal New Years Day snow wheeling trip and pretty
              much got denied. They plowed the road in last week so they could get their
              logging trucks through and pretty much screwed everything up...

Comment

Cool pics. Looks like fun. Who does the yellow Bronco belong to? Who makes the corner guards that are on his rig?

Comment

Good lookin time!
                  Mark Harris
                  71 Bronco, 9 inch, 60, c4, Stak 3 speed, and 42 inch balloons.

Comment

Originally posted by Dylan71Bronco View Post
                    Cool pics. Looks like fun. Who does the yellow Bronco belong to? Who makes the corner guards that are on his rig?
                    It's belongs to my cousin Randy. Those are a pair of the old school original corner guards that were hand made a long time ago. The guy that built them is here in Fresno and when he first built this pair, he had so many people asking him to build them a set, he finally told BC to make them and the rest is history.

Comment

Great pics miss the cool videos though.....

Comment

wow thats deep snow!
                        WT 4x4
                        91' One Ton Bronco
                        1971 Bronco
                        9/11/01 Never Forget

Comment

Im guessing the secret to snow wheeling is GAS GAS GAS
                          {o===o}
                          Originally posted by TBS-POPS
                          EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....
                          Originally posted by CityHick
                          I don't give probabilities in percentage format anymore

Comment

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71 View Post
                            Im guessing the secret to snow wheeling is GAS GAS GAS
                            Not necessaraly. Sometimes it helps, but most of the time the throttle will get you in trouble. The key is to hopefully float on the snow, and not spin your tires.
                            Marc D.
                            If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

Working...
                            X