Moab Bronco Safari

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moab Bronco Safari

I know it is pretty early but I was wondering is anyone thinking about going on the Bronco Safari? Does anyone know what dates it's going to be this year?

Re: Moab Bronco Safari

I am thinking about it... that's about as much as I can say right now. I have no idea what my schedule is going to be like by then, may be back in school working on a masters by then, who knows. That and I have no trailer. Giving a 50/50 on making that run at this point.
    1970 Bronco
    My build thread

Comment

It is May 5 thru the 10th.

Comment

It is May 5 thru the 10th.
        Did you get that from the internet site? I think that is last years dates.

Comment

Yea I did, so if they haven't updated it they would be wrong.

Comment

Sounds like a blast, hopefully I can make it if the dates work out. I just recently found out that my cousin is a ranger in Moab. He told me to come out there and he take me into areas where most people dont know about! Sounds pretty exciting to me...

Kyle

Comment

Does anyone have any info on where to stay? There is a lot of info on http://www.moab4x4parts.com/ but I want to know from someone that's been there. Tent or trailer?

Comment

I'm thinking that I will be going again this year. I had tossed around the idea of Az Roundup, but Moab is calling my name again. The dates should be the first week of May. I think that is what Clint was saying last year. I will email him and see what I can find out. I say get a camping cabin at the campground. It can get cold at night, and the cabin definately knocks down the sound from the highway.
                PS. bring your beer from home. Utah has yellow water that they sell.
                Marc D.
                If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

Bud of mine and I are throwing around the idea of coming down for this year.

Comment

Those cabins look like the way to go. Heat/AC in the desert is almost a no-brainer, plus having a place to lock up some of your stuff while out on the trail is a bonus.

As I said before, if I can come up with a trailer and the timing is right, I'd love to hit Moab in 2010.
                    1970 Bronco
                    My build thread

Comment

Matt I am going this year. Oh I better get my trailor ready.
                      Last edited by u14; 11-16-2009, 05:00 PM. Reason: Added remark
                      sigpic70w/ 69/351w/GT40 lightning heads 435/203/D20 5.5/3in 44/arb 9in/detroit need some beadlocks

Comment

The desert can be an unforgiving place. Two years ago, the wind was so bad at night, I thought I was was going to wake up in Colorado. Last year we spent two freezing nights in the tent before we moved into the cabin. I will be booking a cabin for sure this year. They also have refrigerators to keep your beer cold.
                        Marc D.

Comment

Got truck (screw takin his 460, my Cummins!), his trailer is good to go, Beer just around the corner (whole full store...) now to get the junk good to go....

Comment

Originally posted by PhantomEB View Post
                            Got truck (screw takin his 460, my Cummins!), his trailer is good to go, Beer just around the corner (whole full store...) now to get the junk good to go....
                            Sounds like some motivation.
                            Marc D.

Comment

Some one asked where to stay.** The best place I have found is the Apache Motel.* Its centrally located, walk to food and very cheap.* When you call ask if the single wide trailer behind the motel is available.* Seriously best kept secret in Moab.* Tons of trailer parking, two bedrooms and a* nice couch not to mention* a fully stocked kitchen.* The kitchen makes it nice if you are on a budget.* The phone number is 435-259-5727.* Say hello to Barbara for me when you call.* thanksJohn Sullivan

Comment

Working...
                              X