Barrett Lake - Friday August 7th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barrett Lake - Friday August 7th

Going into Barrett Lake with another EB. Planning on hitting the road early Friday am on the 7th and coming out mid afternoon on Saturday.

Anyone interested in joining or meeting us there let me know.

Randy
    72 Sport

Re: Barrett Lake - Friday August 7th

We are going up this weekend also. Myself, Bent 70 and a jeep. Getting there Fri night or sat morning.
    -Darin
    67 Bronco blue - LS 6.0, 6l90, & atlas (working on it)
    69 Bronco red - F/I 302,c-4,36" TSL S/X( sitting next to a barn)
    69 Bronco Yellow - TBI 350,th350, 203/205, Dana 60, 14 bolt, 4-link rear, 3 link front,full hydro, body narrowed 8", 39.9 Iroks on Walker Evans
    79 CJ 5 360 v8 t18 33's locked & sprung over (sitting in a barn since 2000)
    67 Camaro Lq4,built 200r4,Hotchkis suspension(work in progre$$)

Comment

Right on Darin! Looking forward to seeing you again.

Bent 70...that's your brother right? I'm fairly certain I met him on last year Rubicon Trip just above little sluice. I was on foot!!! One of many to break their power steering box that trip!

BTW...we're planning to hike up to the remains of that airplane on Saturday...maybe you can join us. I understand there's not much left but still would be interesting to see.

Randy
      72 Sport

Comment

Can you measure the gate to see how wide it is?
        1971 BRONCO, 89 5.0 HO, NP435, D20, D44 CTM Superior Detroit , Currie big bearing housing 31 spline Detroit

Comment

Hey Randy, at this point it is uncertain if we can make it. Too much stuff going on this week and I need my trailer tires installed before I can haul anything. I do want to make that hike at some point, but I'm really short on time this week. We will try but if we don't make it up there take a bunch of pics.
          -Darin
          67 Bronco blue - LS 6.0, 6l90, & atlas (working on it)
          69 Bronco red - F/I 302,c-4,36" TSL S/X( sitting next to a barn)
          69 Bronco Yellow - TBI 350,th350, 203/205, Dana 60, 14 bolt, 4-link rear, 3 link front,full hydro, body narrowed 8", 39.9 Iroks on Walker Evans
          79 CJ 5 360 v8 t18 33's locked & sprung over (sitting in a barn since 2000)
          67 Camaro Lq4,built 200r4,Hotchkis suspension(work in progre$$)

Comment

No worries Darin, I understand...plus I saw the pic of your garage with your missing Bronco! OMG!...anyway, I'll keep my eyes open hopefully you'll be able to make it!

As for the pics, I'll try to remember the camera this time!

Daves...I'll try to get a measurement on the Gate. I saw an onine article that put it at 79"...I'll try to confirm. Need to pack my tape measure.
            72 Sport

Comment

Thanks Randy, hope you had fun.
              1971 BRONCO, 89 5.0 HO, NP435, D20, D44 CTM Superior Detroit , Currie big bearing housing 31 spline Detroit

Comment

Great Trip! Weather cooperated and was very nice. It w as chilly at night but again still nice. Thankfully the camp wasn't too crowded (at least on Friday night) so we were able to have a spot to camp. Happy to say both rigs made it out in one piece...i.e. no trail repairs!

For those of you who have never been on the Barrett Trail...let me say, I think it's a great little trail and has something to offer most everyone. The approximate travel time is between 3-4 hours (~5-6 miles) even if you make a brief stop for lunch and do some of the normal BS'ing every now and then.

Being in Desolation Wilderness, it's beautiful country...hopefully the following pics give you the sense of what you can experience. It's really a nice place to wheel. Enjoy!!

Randy
                72 Sport

Comment

Pics....
                  Attached Files
                  72 Sport

Comment

Here's some of the beauty!!!
                    Attached Files
                    72 Sport

Comment

Nice Randy!! Looks like a great place...
                      72 sport/exp.,TBI 302,NP435,4.56 Powrlok/ARB in Full Width's.5.5" CAGE lift w/arms,2'' bl,37's, rescued from the concrete jungle (L.A.) NEVER DONE!!! Sold to buy a Boat, Now Broncoless.....Now it's fast water,smooth women and cold beer!! toad jeep owner now,,,,,, sorry

ALL MY DRINKING BUDDIES HAVE A SEVERE BRONCO PROBLEM !!!

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71
                      BULLSHIT! I love your meat in my mouth
                      RIP MARK BECK RIP MY FRIEND! RIP GIZMO,My little Buddy.

Comment

It looks absolutely beautiful up there. How would you rate the trail in terms of difficulty as compared to other trails in the area? I have heard people say its as hard as the Rubicon and I've heard others say its not that tough. That trail tends not to be open more than about 2 months a year - did you see anybody else up there or did you have the place to yourself?

I really wanted to run that trail this summer but it looks like it's getting pushed off to next year.

-Tony
                        1970 Bronco
                        My build thread

Comment

Great pics! have only been there once and it was a stellar run/campsite. OT, same diff as the 'con, what you make of it. Def a trail you want on your short list
                          Rick-
                          68 Slightly modified
                          67 LUBR once again
                          61 Willy Wagon

Comment

ttt
                            KK6DAD
                            70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

Working...
                            X