Sob, who's going?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sob, who's going?

Just checking to see if anybody is planning on going to SOB this year if I can get off of work I am going and will probably be leaving on wed night or thursday real early.
    Last edited by maui matt; 05-08-2009, 03:05 PM.

Re: Sob, who's going?

I may have to swizzle some vacation time around... totally forgot about SOB and it is an event I'd like to attend, now that my rig is drivable!
    1970 Bronco
    My build thread

Comment

Re: SOB, who's going?

I called and all of the reserved sites at sandbeach were all taken allready and I think they have 40 first come first served sites ,I think

Comment

Re: SOB, who's going?

Hmm... I will have to look into this more seriously next week to see if I can swap some time around at work. We're in crunch mode and operating with one fewer warm body (which I hope is all we lose), and we're starting a weekend pager rotation. Pager rotation is the hardest thing to move around and I believe SOB falls on one of my on-call weekends. Plus it is very near another trip I will likely be going on. Maybe next year...
        1970 Bronco
        My build thread

Comment

Not planning on going right now, but the last two years I changed my mind within two weeks of the date. You never know.
          Marc D.
          If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

I ended up getting reservations at a hotel in pacific city .How is the trails that they have around there do you have to trailer to them or are they there by the beach ? or do you have to get on pavement or a road to get to them because that would be a pain in the ass for me since I have to trailer my junk whereever I go and I will have to change tires because I will have paddles on.

Comment

Originally posted by maui matt View Post
              I ended up getting reservations at a hotel in pacific city .How is the trails that they have around there do you have to trailer to them or are they there by the beach ? or do you have to get on pavement or a road to get to them because that would be a pain in the ass for me since I have to trailer my junk whereever I go and I will have to change tires because I will have paddles on.
              I trailer to the trails around there. It is about 20 miles if I remember correctly. Lately I have just been staying in the sand and forgoing the trail runs. Don't forget to get up to speed on the new regulations that have been put into place, and drink a beer for me from the brewery.
              Marc D.

Comment

Originally posted by earlybronco72 View Post
                I trailer to the trails around there. It is about 20 miles if I remember correctly. Lately I have just been staying in the sand and forgoing the trail runs. Don't forget to get up to speed on the new regulations that have been put into place, and drink a beer for me from the brewery.
                What new regulations where do I find that out? thanks

Comment

Originally posted by maui matt View Post
                  What new regulations where do I find that out? thanks
                  Here is a page that seems to have the info you may like to know.
                  http://www.duneguide.com/sand_dune_guide_sand_lake.htm
                  Marc D.

Comment

Thanks, very helpful info. Now where can I find out if my exhaust is louder than 93 decibels and the only other thing is the windshield wipers but I guess I could rig up some vaccum wipers thanks

Comment

I was going to go but I will have a very pregnant wife by that time and dont think we will be making it. I do have a campsite available, #51 for the week if anyone is looking for one. I think it was ~ 120 for the week.

Most people tool around on the beach for the majority of the weekend, its a huge area and fun to watch the high HP rigs taking on the bowl. I drive mine from the beach to Tillamook for the trail run, about 30 minutes. The trails are a lot of fun, I missed the group last year but headed to Brown's Camp on my own as thats where we typically go for the other trail runs and had a good time, some good areas to wheel, a lot of fun especially if you are with someone who knows their way around in the hills.

The main things I have seen them get after you for are:
                      No flag
                      Drinking on the sand
                      No seatbelts
                      Excessive speed near the parking lot
                      Last edited by PDXBronco; 05-10-2009, 07:21 PM.

Thats how I rub...I mean roll!

Comment

I am going to talk to my friends that are going with me and see if they are into camping or staying at the hotel .I prefer to camp much cheaper but anyways if I can talk them into camping and know one else wants it I will buy your spot from you thanks

Comment

Being in the campground is a lot of fun, we stayed in a beach house the past 2 years and were looking forward to staying in the grounds this year but it didnt all work out. Lots of real good folks to hang out with and BS with all night long. The local crew along with their NorCal connections keep the entertainment flowing.

Thats how I rub...I mean roll!

Comment

Originally posted by PDXBronco View Post
                            Being in the campground is a lot of fun, we stayed in a beach house the past 2 years and were looking forward to staying in the grounds this year but it didnt all work out. Lots of real good folks to hang out with and BS with all night long. The local crew along with their NorCal connections keep the entertainment flowing.
                            Thanks ,I am looing foward to going but I am a little concerned about my loud ass bronco, it's not that bad at idle ,but when you get on it it's loud

Comment

If you do end up with Josh's campsite, I can tell you that's the section of camping spots where all the cool kids will be!!

Comment

Working...
                              X